The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/66855440970/the-worry-men-x-batman-the-animated-series

XvRdu2b.gif
cckcpdL.gif

aAPpMY0.gif
E0iJ2WM.gif

SID2xJl.gif
IHnmfiw.gif

70hdkaw.gif
Zm7G9hG.gif

DlYqj3w.gif
P1HWeZc.gif

That was my first (watched on VHS) episode fo BTAS!!! One of favourites...

I believe the first BTAS I watched...that I remembered was Harley & Ivy.

I think my first episode was 'On Leather Wings', which was on this VHS...

2m7vj7r.jpg

It's very possible that I saw a number of episodes before that (Read My Lips and It's Never Too Late in particular) but these two episodes seem the most prominent that to the video.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing The Cat and Claw first. For some reason, I think that was the first episode to air? I tried looking it up, but all I could find were the DVD orders.

BTAS Episode: Paging the Crime Doctor

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/66895427901/paging-the-crime-doctor-x-batman-the-animated

RTZ3ZDY.gif
6jBvU95.gif

1YqMmpS.gif
7xuqQOk.gif

QbLB3Z8.gif
aMrIFBQ.gif

Jr83jfk.gif
4Rc1g30.gif

R7sErzt.gif
w4DWI8A.gif

Trivia
  • While at Leslie Thompkins's home, Bruce Wayne picked up The Caduceus, a book that contained the photographs and names of all the medical graduates from Thomas Wayne's, Leslie's and Matthew Thorne's year. The book had a caduceus sign on it with only one serpent instead of the traditional two. The Caduceus is often confused with the real symbol of medicine, the Rod of Asclepius.
  • The orderly who Batman struggles to fight slightly resembles Lucas from "Prophecy of Doom".
  • Thomas Wayne's note to Leslie in the yearbook misspells "Leslie" as "Lesley".

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing The Cat and Claw first. For some reason, I think that was the first episode to air? I tried looking it up, but all I could find were the DVD orders.

Yep... September 5th 1992.

That was another early one for me here in the UK. Speaking of the UK, heres a pretty cool early promo for the series on cartoon network:

@0:08

[YT]xWOSC94gqBo[/YT]

b7jibl.jpg

The Batman vs Superman movie the world needs.

Yep... September 5th 1992.

That was another early one for me here in the UK. Speaking of the UK, heres a pretty cool early promo for the series on cartoon network:

@0:08

[YT]xWOSC94gqBo[/YT]

b7jibl.jpg

Dude massive nostalgia attack! I remember those ads (it was the same summer Batman and Robin came out I believe) and the first episode started the night before I had to go back to school.....man I feel old.

I keep hearing that Mark Hamill's retired from voicing the Joker, but different reports conflict. Has he made any official statement about it recently?

I keep hearing that Mark Hamill's retired from voicing the Joker, but different reports conflict. Has he made any official statement about it recently?

He did state that Batman: Arkham City was his swan song... but he's also recently claimed ''Never say never'' and that he'd love to do The Killing Joke.

So yeah, he's pretty much done. Only Rocksteady, and adaptation of The Killing Joke or Bruce Timm on his knees will bring him back.

What's weird is that Injustice: Gods Among Us was the first Batman property featuring Kevin Conroy as Batman that did not feature Mark Hamill as The Joker. And that just felt wrong. :csad:

BTAS Episode: House & Garden

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/67027754043/house-garden-x-batman-the-animated-series

ujeZl7M.gif
SLh4yLS.gif

bsc1ciB.gif
JMlKrqC.gif

UWGeaTs.gif
ZctwZM8.gif

CSCjFEl.gif
2Eq5Yfo.gif

DuIh13r.gif
nQzPkT9.gif

Trivia
  • Last full appearance of Poison Ivy in Batman: The Animated Series. She later appears in "Harley's Holiday", but had no dialogue.
  • An issue of the later Batman Adventures (Volume 2) comic series suggests that this is the last appearance of the "real" Poison Ivy and that the revamped version seen in The New Batman Adventures was merely another copy produced to keep Batman off her trail, whilst she went into hiding for good. None of this was ever incorporated into the animated series.

^That was some creepy stuff for a family friendly animated show. Batman was even freaked out by it.

BTAS Episode: Sideshow

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/67342243934/sideshow-x-batman-the-animated-series

QybIG4l.gif
ahM2xLF.gif

VpRknmX.gif
APazblT.gif

f0pLvYD.gif
4CHgYlZ.gif

phsENHW.gif
c4l4MQl.gif

qyCkEH1.gif
JwBdjoA.gif

Trivia
  • First appearance of Brad Garrett in the DCAU. He would go on to voice Lobo and Bibbo Bibbowski on Superman: The Animated Series.
  • The episode is based on the comics story "A View from the Grave!" (Detective Comics #410, April 1971) by Dennis O'Neil. That story did not feature Croc, but Kano Wiggins, a death row escapee.
  • This and "The Demon's Quest, Part II" are the only two episodes in the series to take place completely outside of Gotham City.
  • Croc is quite correct: Crocodiles exert the strongest bite pressure of any member of the animal kingdom.
  • Richard shares his name with King Richard III, the lead character of Shakespeare's play of the same name. Both Richards are "rudely stamp'd" (i.e., born hunchbacks).

Eh, aside from Croc trying to kill Batman with a rock, a weak episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"