The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

Batman the Animated Series - McFarlane Toys
Harley Quinn: Classic - McFarlane Toys

I do wish that Batman was a little more straightforward to the BTAS character design, but given that we just had a line that was straightforward like that, I’m not surprised that McFarlane put a little of his own spin on it. I still dig it. Not sure about the STAS Superman, though. Something a little weird going on with that hair.

Also fuming that Keaton’s Batman wasn’t a first order of business kind of thing, but... :o
Got the STAS one today ... can’t wait to get the Batman. Looks great in person. Great size and mass. Agree though ... hope he gets to the movies soon.

Keaton 89
Nicholson 89

Keaton Returns
Pfieffer Returns
Devito Returns

Bale Begins
Liam Begins
Murphy Begins

Bale TDK
Ledger TDK
Eckhart TDK
Oldman TDK

Hardy TDKR
Hathaway TDKR

Is DCAU Catwoman's compulsion to steal so strong (or does it become so strong) it could qualify as a mental illness? She initially tried hard to hard to reform and then threw it away and I'm thinking particularly of "Cult of the Cat", where she kept trying to steal when it was so dangerous it was very much against her self-interest. Though the end of "Cult of the Cat" and that it was her last appearance vaguely imply she did retire.

Yeah, Selina doesn't have the most consistent character arc thru the series. Plus, I re-watched "Cult of the Cat" recently and it is real dumb.

TNBA tended to be "week of the villain" stories, as is the latter half of BTAS.

I’m reading the recent Batman: Definitive History book and it’s really interesting to know that Alan Burnett was planting seeds for a Batman cartoon like BTAS during his Super Friends days.

Sure, it took another decade and a half for such a show to actually exist, but still...

Wait, is this for a comic?

edit: Oh.. I see. NICE.

I was pissed off as i found out it would "only" be a comic...but **** it, Batman TAS universe.
And who knows, maybe it could turn into a show later, we never know.
But im super excited for that.

Super early days still, but I really do hope this goes beyond six issues.

Super early days still, but I really do hope this goes beyond six issues.

I'm assuming it will. The figure line is adding Vampire Batman and Batman Who Laughs. I can see the former being a good way to finally do that Nocturna story they planned for B:TAS.

Considering how much TAS love there was in White Knight, I’m thrilled to see it.

I’m happy we’re getting a comic continuation of TAS but I would have really loved a new animated series picking up from where it ended

I’m happy we’re getting a comic continuation of TAS but I would have really loved a new animated series picking up from where it ended

It's entirely possible that's something they are considering here. HBO Max is going on all on their DC catalog, there is a good chance they are considering an animated series or two for it. All I can say is I would support this comic-book run, encourage others to support it and hopefully the support is strong enough to have them move forward with something.

Anyone listen to "Tom & Jeff Watch Batman"? It's sooooo fun...

It's a podcast series on Gamefully Unemployed where Tom Reimann and Jeff May (both formerly of Cracked, now gone rogue) watch every piece of Batman film and TV. They started with the Burton/Schumacher films before making their way thru the animated series and the Nolan films and the DTVs. Recently I hopped on GU's Patreon page for the $5 tier so I can finally mainline the whole damn thing. GU's main series "Story Mode" is one of my favorite podcasts for a laugh, and there are plenty of free episodes available to sample.
They cover TAS two episodes at a time, going by the order on the DVDs. Besides the usual banter you'd expect from a couple of comedy writers, they accumulate some delightful running gags, including Jeff's impeccable Billy Dee Williams impression or why Scarecrow treats his henchmen right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"