The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Apr 27, 2016.

1. sgeorges4 Registered

I think that harley should have been redeem after lock up,I'm sure you can still do thing with her character after the joker (like make her wanting to legit help people victim of abuse or make help batman more or fight joker on occasion or devellop harlivy), and I feel like more villin should have been reform in tnba after wesker

2. Kane52630 Timmverse User

3. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

I'm a little disappointed with what The Adventures Continue did to Mr. Freeze and Nora. Even though we know that Freeze's future is tragic after Sub Zero, there was at least the comfort that he helped Nora get another shot at life. And now, according to the comic, she barely lived before the cure rejected her body and died anyway. They really couldn't let her be something more than a fridged woman, huh? They really had to add more tragedy to the already-tragic life of Freeze.

It's annoying because I otherwise enjoyed this unique take on Azrael and the previous stories as well.

4. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

The DCAU Batman is about to have a real bad record with his sidekicks...

- Estrangement from Dick Grayson.
    - Super-friends with benefits with Barbara Gordon, before rejecting her for his mission.
    - Cutting Tim Drake out of his life after The Joker incident.
    - And now whatever happens with Jason Todd in the new comic...

Adding Jason might just make it overkill.

5. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Get to really know The Man behind The iconic voice of The Dark Knight: Kevin Conroy gets very in-depth personal on his struggles and the amount of adversity he had to deal with in his life.

warning mature

6. Gothamsknight Registered

FInally picked up the Blu Ray Remastered collection a few weeks ago!

SiliconBat and Pfeiffer-Pfan like this.
  7. sgeorges4 Registered

I don't get why bruce timm decided to make harley dead in the adventure continue ,it feel like all freeze effort to cure here were pointless (at least comics aren't canon so)

8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

You mean Nora

9. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Bruce Timm has no involvement in Batman: The Adventures Continues. It's all Paul Dini and Alan Burnett.

10. sgeorges4 Registered

ok ,at least these comics are non canon so I can view them more like "what if jason was in the dcau" ,also is it me or harley and joker look kinda weird in batman adventure 28 (particulary joker ,for some reason his chin look longer and harley look kinda more cartoon in this one than usual for me)

11. sgeorges4 Registered

they really kinda look off to me ,also what was it with the comics turning harley teeth and eye somewhat "yellowish"(and what's with the smile too? I know harley is suppose to be cartoony but she didn't got that far in the show)?
    [​IMG]

12. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I haven't read them, but aren't they canon to BTAS? I thought they were supposed to be.

13. sgeorges4 Registered

I remmeber reading that timm and dini said that the comics aren't canon (personally, I prefer to do my own canon and explain the design difference by "it's set in a paralel universe" like with the difference between TAS and TNBA)

14. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

15. sgeorges4 Registered

kinda weird but I feel like after lock up,they decided to turn harley into a some kind of joker villain(and made her more cartoony in tnba/justice league[the eye she does during the royal flush episode always creep me out]) ,honestly I feel like it would have been better if she reform during tnba/justice league rather than after helping joker brainwashing tim because for me it make her unredeemable

16. hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

Well, I'd rather that than the ****in "anti hero" , "female Deadpool", "feminist icon" she's been distorted into now if I'm being honest...

17. sgeorges4 Registered

uh she was already feminist in TAS and no she's not female deadpool ,just because she have the same sense of humor than deadpool ,that doesn't mean she's the same character (I don't remember deadpool having to broke up from a joker like relationship per example) ,and honestly I'd rather have her reform rather than always coming back to joker (particulary for the dumb reason such as just a look ,I know she's immature but come one! writing her as a dumb character doesn't do her any favor for me)

18. SiliconBat Registered

This is a pretty late reply, but I'd say so. The illusion of darkness can be much more entrancing than what is shown on screen. It builds more mystery and suspense. I also think it requires the writing to be stronger instead of relying on overt violence and action.

19. SiliconBat Registered

Gahhh I hate how far behind physical comics are. I've been reading The Adventure Continues, but I've only been able to read up to the 3rd issue.

With that said, I've really enjoyed what I've read so far. Tying in Deathstroke with Luthor felt very natural and it felt like the comics picked up exactly where the show had ended. It probably helped that I had just finished rewatching World's Finest.

20. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

The book reads so much better in print than digitally as well.

21. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Some fun Batmen multiverse between Kevin Conroy, Will Friedle, Diedrich Bader and Troy Baker

Plus Bruce and Terry roasting 60s Batman!

22. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

The Red Hood arc has been an improvement over how disappointing the Azrael story ended up being, but I think the way they handled Jason is way too close to the mainstream version. This version of Tim Drake already has a lot of Jason's beats, so I was hoping they'd take more risks with Jason. For instance, since the Red Hood identity is already divorced from its Joker origins, they should've made Scarecrow be the one that catches Jason off-guard and "kills" him instead of Joker. It fits the story they're telling much better and it makes Joker a bit less overused and repetitive.

23. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

I rewatched the entirety of BTAS over the past two weeks and decided to rank every episode. This is a loose ranking, and I’m sure a lot of you will have problems with my placement of some episodes but yeah here’s my personal ranking:

-Robin’s Reckoning
    -Demon’s Quest
    -If You’re So Smart...Why Aren’t You Rich?
    -Deep Freeze
    -Christmas With The Joker
    -On Leather Wings
    -Almost Got ‘Im
    -The Laughing Fish
    -Trial
    -Heart of Ice
    -Off Balance
    -Bane
    -Two Face
    -Last Laugh
    -Dreams in Darkness
    -Nothing to Fear
    -Pretty Poison
    -Feat of Clay
    -The Man Who Killed Batman
    -Riddler’s Reform
    -Harley and Ivy
    -Joker’s Wild
    -Night of the Ninja
    -Harlequinade
    -Second Chance
    -Cat and the Claw
    -Heart of Steel
    -Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne
    -Joker’s Favor
    -Beware the Gray Ghost
    -House and Garden
    -Fire From Olympus
    -Perchance to Dream
    -Day of the Samurai
    -Vendetta
    -Batgirl Returns
    -Lock Up
    -Read My Lips
    -Shadow of the Bat
    -Be A Clown
    -Fear of Victory
    -Cape and Cowl Conspiracy
    -Bullet for Bullock
    -What is Reality?
    -Mudslide
    -Mad As A Hatter
    -The Mechanic
    -Birds of a Feather
    -Make Em Laugh
    -Time Out of Joint
    -His Silicon Soul
    -Catwalk
    -The Clock King
    -Terror in the Sky
    -See No Evil
    -Zatanna
    -Prophecy of Doom
    -Eternal Youth
    -POV
    -Cat Scratch Fever
    -Never Too Late
    -I Am The Night
    -Harley’s Holiday
    -Appointment in Crime Alley
    -The Worrymen
    -Paging the Crime Doctor
    -Tyger Tyger
    -Moon of the Wolf
    -Showdown
    -Blind as a Bat
    -The Forgotten
    -Babydoll
    -I’ve Got Batman In My Basement
    -Sideshow
    -Underdwellers
    -Lion and the Unicorn

24. sgeorges4 Registered

I think that critter would have been better if it was a superman episode rather than a batman episode ,from what I understand they couldn't do 66 villain due to copyright right?

Milk Tray Guy likes this.
  25. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Jason run as Robin, makes me question what the heck was Bruce thinking when he recruited Jason. Because Alfred, Barbara and even Leslie could see that Jason was unhinged and shouldn’t have join the crusade.