The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 3

Gerry Conway wrote "Appointment in Crime Alley"

Any opinions on the Batman Adventures comic series they did for BTAS back in the day? I've seen that DC has been putting out new trades for the series and have been thinking about getting them. Does it live up to the show?

I read those! They are great! Very clever stories, you could say that (as Batman TAS itself) they are one of the greatest all-encompassing Batman tales ever told.

The first story arc is awesome!
You can draw a direct line from the Joker characterization portrayed here to The Dark Knight

Any opinions on the Batman Adventures comic series they did for BTAS back in the day? I've seen that DC has been putting out new trades for the series and have been thinking about getting them. Does it live up to the show?
You can believe they do.
I don't know why I've hardly seen the name Kelly Puckett outside of that series though.

Stunning series, well worth your time. Frankly, they were some of the best Batman comics published in the 90's.

The combination of Kelley Puckett and Mike Parobeck was amazing. The comics more than lived up to the legacy of the show.

Yeah I need to start collecting those asap.

Stunning series, well worth your time. Frankly, they were some of the best Batman comics published in the 90's.

The combination of Kelley Puckett and Mike Parobeck was amazing. The comics more than lived up to the legacy of the show.

Good to know. I loved Mad Love, but as that was by actual members of the show's creative team, that was to be expected.

Another thumbs up for the BTAS comic book series. The second series they did, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, was also terrific.

Evidently they're also doing the Superman Adventures comic, which reminds me how hysterical it is that Mark Millar ever wrote for a cartoon-based all ages comic.

I like the comic Mad Love more than the episode. I found it funny when the Joker was embarrassed by the idea of the other villains mocking him about his girlfriend killing Batman when he couldn't. Sadly, that wasn't in the episode. I am working on memory here, so perhaps I am forgetting an important detail, but at the start of the story, Joker is against killing Batman so simply as he wants it to be done in an impressive manner. He scolds Harley for her suggestion on how to kill him, but at the end of the story is willing to shoot Batman, which would not have been the type of victory he was describing at the start of the story. I found that funny and I was wondering why he changed his mind. Like I said, perhaps I am forgetting something or remembering it wrongly.

Last edited:
I owned a few Batman Adventures singles (including Batman & Robin Adventures and Batman Gotham Adventures) when they were first released. And I own a couple issues in TPB that I bought back in '03'. I enjoyed the stories that I've read. Each felt like lost stories from B:TAS. I wouldn't mind picking up the new TPBs. Especially if it included the Batman/Superman crossover and MOTP follow up as well.

Hey all! DawnWarrior and I have our BTAS Opinionated Episode Reviews back up and running on VidMe. We post new episodes every Friday, so I'll be sharing them on the thread here one a day. Check out the first ep for "The Cat and the Claw Part 1" and you can see the rest on our website EvilCloneProductions.com.

The laughing fish episode was also a fantastic adaptation.

I recently bought volume 4 & I am so happy I did. It's been a long time coming for me to get TAS on DVD....I know it seems weird to start at volume 4 instead of one but I didn't feel like waiting three or four weeks for them to ship it (for whatever reason). Plus, I really wanted to see the Mad Love episode again.

Man, this series is just so amazing. It's like revisiting your first love all over again. :D

I recently bought volume 4 & I am so happy I did. It's been a long time coming for me to get TAS on DVD....I know it seems weird to start at volume 4 instead of one but I didn't feel like waiting three or four weeks for them to ship it (for whatever reason). Plus, I really wanted to see the Mad Love episode again.

Man, this series is just so amazing. It's like revisiting your first love all over again. :D

If you're a fan of B:TAS, you got to watch Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League. It's all in the same universe, and season 4 of B:TAS has the same art style as Superman TAS (for crossover events).

I still need to get volume 4.

I think that is equally awesome when compared to the source material.
Sideshow stands out to me as an adaption done better than the original story.

BTAS Opinionated Revew - "The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy"

I'm curious if anyone finds this episode underrated.

Always liked that episode. Seeing Batman outwit Wormwood's various death traps, and the twist at the end I never saw coming.

What I liked about that episode best is it combined two classic 70's Joker stories - The Laughing Fish and The Joker's Five Way Revenge.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I am a big fan of Penguin, but to see two kids go Home Alone on him was stupid. That said there was some good moments in the episode like the vulture attack on Batman, and the sword fight with Batman and Penguin at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"