The Official Batman TAS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't care for Be a Clown. Joker pandering to a child like that. Too stupid, IMO.

The Jecko the clown sequence at the Mayor's mansion was good, though. "It's a birthday candle, Einstein. Except this one blows you out. Hahahahaha".

|I always thought that in "Be a Clown" Joker was trying to kill Jordan...for example. Joker was going to help Jordan with that sword in his mouth thing...

batmananimatedending.jpg

I think of the flawless music whenever I see this image.

Last edited:
Almost got Im

For some reason this Ep is the only one that really stands out to me if some brings up BTAS its the first one I think of I thinks its because it has all the bad guys in one or the best of them...

Batman TAS was by far the best animated series of the 90's. Great Cast. Great Crew. And it was somewhat dark. I hope there will be another animated Batman series like TAS fer this generation.

Batman TAS was by far the best animated series of the 90's. Great Cast. Great Crew. And it was somewhat dark. I hope there will be another animated Batman series like TAS fer this generation.
"Somewhat" is not appropiate. It was dark, very dark, it was on the borderline of the censors.

^True. My bad. It was an amazing series. We need to get Dini and Timm back together and have them do a Batman animated series. But its hard these days cause of TV laws and what not

I actually loved The Terrible Trio.

This and the 60s show got me into Batman in my young years. I just loved everything about it. I don't think there was a bad episode if I'm honest.
Yeah people will say Batman In My Basement, but episodes like that were needed as something different.

My 2 favourites were Second Chance and If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

I´ve got Batman in My Basement was awful. When I watched the title for the first time I thought it was going to be an interesting episode, the thing is it was handled well. I found the plot very thin, and the kids didn´t help either. It could be as cool as The Underdwellers, an episode with flaws but one that I love, but sadly it wasn´t.

As for the Terrible Trio, I don´t remember it pretty well, but I don´t think I liked it, was average.

Underdwellers=gold.

La La Land Records will be releasing an expanded remastered score of Mask of the Phantasm soon. Orders begin March 24 at noon PST, but I'm not sure of the actual release date.

It apparently has an additional 27 minutes of score that wasn't on the original release, and is limited to 3,000 copies. As someone who doesn't own that release, this is fantastic news.

Curses! I just bought the original MOTP soundtrack used off Amazon in December! Oh well, who am I kidding? I'll end up buying this one as well. The score is so worth it!

Oh, the MUSIC! I'm a band student, and a music geek. Gosh, there wasn't one piece of bad music in the show! I love Joker's theme!

Yeah, truly a classic soundtrack. MOTP was so much better because of the larger orchestra, IMO. Sounded more...powerful, I guess.

Agreed. Listening to Birth of Batman earlier, such an epic track.

Sorry for not including a link or anything earlier, but another poster in the Misc Batman films forum posted a link with the tracklisting, so I figured I'd post it here.

1. Main Title: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (EXPANDED) (5:01)
2. The Promise (EXPANDED) (1:25)
3. Ski Mask Vigilante (EXPANDED) (4:29)
4. Fancy Footwork (0:41)*
5. Phantasm's Graveyard Murder (3:52)
6. Bad News* / Set Trap* / May They Rest In Peace* (1:51)
7. First Love (2:00)
8. City Street Drive* / Sal Velestra* / Good Samaritan* (2:17)
9. Birth of Batman (EXPANDED) (6:01)
10. The Joker's Big Entrance* (3:03)
11. The Big Chase (5:40)
12. Nowhere to Run* (2:01)
13. A Plea For Help (1:01)
14. A Tall Man / Arturo and his Pal */Makes You Want To Laugh* / What's So Funny?* (4:04)
15. Andrea Remembers* / True Identity* (3:19)
16. Phantasm and Joker Fight (6:00)
17. Batman's Destiny (1:47)
18. I Never Even Told You - Performed by Tia Carrere (4:24)

Bonus Tracks:
19. Theme from Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm (2:06)
20. Welcome to the Future!* (1:04)

Total Time 62:06

* - DENOTES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL

They took their liberties with the animated films though. Nice pic.

But they had fguns and religion in it lol...and I think alcohol and breaking glass.

They also had drugs in it...

Agreed. Listening to Birth of Batman earlier, such an epic track.

Sorry for not including a link or anything earlier, but another poster in the Misc Batman films forum posted a link with the tracklisting, so I figured I'd post it here.

1. Main Title: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (EXPANDED) (5:01)
2. The Promise (EXPANDED) (1:25)
3. Ski Mask Vigilante (EXPANDED) (4:29)
4. Fancy Footwork (0:41)*
5. Phantasm's Graveyard Murder (3:52)
6. Bad News* / Set Trap* / May They Rest In Peace* (1:51)
7. First Love (2:00)
8. City Street Drive* / Sal Velestra* / Good Samaritan* (2:17)
9. Birth of Batman (EXPANDED) (6:01)
10. The Joker's Big Entrance* (3:03)
11. The Big Chase (5:40)
12. Nowhere to Run* (2:01)
13. A Plea For Help (1:01)
14. A Tall Man / Arturo and his Pal */Makes You Want To Laugh* / What's So Funny?* (4:04)
15. Andrea Remembers* / True Identity* (3:19)
16. Phantasm and Joker Fight (6:00)
17. Batman's Destiny (1:47)
18. I Never Even Told You - Performed by Tia Carrere (4:24)

Bonus Tracks:
19. Theme from Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm (2:06)
20. Welcome to the Future!* (1:04)

Total Time 62:06

* - DENOTES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL

I just ordered my copy this afternoon. The website says they start shipping on March 31st. I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"