The Official Batman Titles Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by GoldenAgeHero, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlasgowBat Registered

I havn't been getting supergirl or Batgirl. I'd like to have given them a shot, but finances are tight. Right now i'm getting Ation Comics, Batman, Batman and Robin, Streets of Gotham, Batman Beyond, Red Robin, BOP, Brightest Day, Legacies, Justice League:Generation Lost, Red Hood, Superman, Wonder Woman, First Wave, Green Lantern, Emerald Warriors and that Freedom Fighters which just started. I'll be getting all the Road Home one-shots, Batman Inc and i'l give Finch a shot. Knight and Squire as well.

I'll also be getting the specials, the annuals etc. And the latest Superman/Batman, cos i've been dying to see a proper reaction to Bruce's "demise". Of course I'll give Teen titans a shot when Damian joins, and the supergirl/damian issue of superman/Batman. So yeah, on reflection i have no idea why i felt the need to let this be known. But hey.

2. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Dini closed the Batman/Zatanna relationship and has Bruce devoted to Selina.

3. The Batman The Dark Knight

I doubt that....Dini is the guy who horribly dismissed the potential relationship....and had Bruce spill his guts about selina several issues later...sigh....

4. lixdexia Registered

yeah, and doomsday killed superman. things change and you know that as soon as he gets an excuse he'll be all over that.

5. The Batman The Dark Knight

This. Unfortunately, it seems editorial wants to push bruce and selina at the moment.

6. GlasgowBat Registered

Screw that, The one person who needs to be brought into Batman Inc, and the woman Bruce should be with, is of course Talia. Give that nutter wean want he desperately wants.

#9981 GlasgowBat, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  7. The Batman The Dark Knight

You'll never know how much i agree, but Talia is FUBAR

8. GlasgowBat Registered

FUBAR? i'm acronym illiterate....

9. lixdexia Registered

****ed up beyond all recognition

10. TruerToTheCore Registered

I've always thought that Talia was rather lame, she is more like the (wet) dream of a middle-aged comic book writer, not so much an actual character. She is like Ubu, she cannot exist without R'as.

----

Another thing: Is there any chance we will - one day - get back the old pre-Frank Miller Alfred Pennyworth, you know the guy who is actually a faithful "servant" of Bruce and not a walking box full of cynical comments? I think I am alone with that opinion :cwink:

11. GlasgowBat Registered

Nah, Talia is an interesting character under the right pen. No man's Land in particular.

As for the Acronym; yeah, morrison dropped the ball on that big time. Which is a real shame.

Alfred; his witty remarks don't get in the way of his duties.....I'm very happy to see the father/son dynamic between him and bruce.

12. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

yea drop that masta wayne ****

first name basis when he comes back

13. GlasgowBat Registered

Or, considering his recent adventures where he defeats the Devil, The God of Evil and Time itself all whilst creating his own myth that stretches from the dawn of time to the heat-death of the universe, Alfred should bring him down a peg or two. Refer to him as "the wee man" or "son" or "m'lad".

Just to keep his bat-feet on the bat-ground.

14. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

When was Talia in No Man's Land?

15. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

yes, Bruce or Son.

Actually the first time he walking to the cave and Alfred sees him for the first time, and calls him masta Bruce or Masta Wayne, he stops him right there and tells him to stop calling him that.

16. lixdexia Registered

screw that. bruce doesn't force the pretense on alfred, that's just who he is. alfred always brings batman down a peg or two as needed. no need to monkey with their dynamic to get the same effect that's already there.

17. GlasgowBat Registered

Point taken. However, it would still be ticklesome to behold.

18. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

While Talia is my favorite love interest for Batman, I prefer seeing that relationship closed. She's a criminal and Batman cannot (but somewhat does) tolerate it. She wants Batman to settle down somewhat with her, he doesn't tolerate that. And she's gone too far the deep end with Morrison's run, who also put a firm close on Batman/Talia.

Right now the best woman for Batman is Selina. They can provide each other what they physically and emotionally need, but still put themselves first and foremost without offending the other.

19. Mr. Earle Registered

[​IMG]
    Paul, shouldnt you be writing Streets of Gotham? Now get off the internet and finish "House of Hush"!

:awesome: Only joking. I really liked Zatanna in the namesake episode of BTAS, how they were involved while he was training with her father, and how she later found out who "John" really was. Now though, i only like the tension between them (well, mostly on her part) but i dont want anything more than that. Maybe if i read more comics about her and get to know her better...

As far as girlfriends go, after Selina, i like Diana. I cant wait to see Selina's reaction to his return!

#9994 Mr. Earle, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  20. Saved SynTheMerc

I realize all of Bruce's relationships have screwed him over in the past at one point or another, but Zantana lobotomized Bruce. ... I doubt he's gonna get over that.

21. Mr. Earle Registered

As a fellow Damian fan, i salute you! :woot:

Btw, how is "Emerald Warriors"?
    I'm down with that. I mean i dont want Bats to settle down, but there has to be one woman who is more special to him than the rest. They cant all be equal to him.
    "Son"? No way.
    OK, in real life they would have dropped the "master Wayne" thing when Bruce was still a kid, but DC is trying to keep the "Bruce and his butler" concept. If they drop that, its "Bruce and his step-dad".
    He forgave her.

22. Saved SynTheMerc

:cmad: Bruce is so bi-polar. He'll forgive that, but then he'll treat people like Clark and Diana like crap simply because they have the propensity to be dangerous.

23. Mystirious Registered

I think that Catwoman is who Bruce should be with right now

24. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

25. Drz Real Hero

What Bruce would ever truly need is to become more like Dick. Hang out with Clark and others on breaks by eating pizza and whatnot. I think Bruce mainly uses his "breaks" either making sure he has some PR on Bruce-persona, or just sleeping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.