The Official Beatles Thread

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
I've always wanted to start this thread, but never really got a chance to do so....most people like the beatles, so i think this thread'll stay busy

greatest band ever. most important band ever. a band who's music, without exaggeration, actually changed my life....most definitely for the better.

I love The Beatles. My mom saw them in concert when she was a kid, so I was pretty much raised on their music.

Last fall I took a Beatles tour in Liverpool and saw the real Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Eleanor Rigby's grave, and lots of other cool stuff. We also went to London, and visited Abbey Road. :up:

God dammit I wanted to make this thread!!!! :cmad:

I love The Beatles. My mom saw them in concert when she was a kid, so I was pretty much raised on their music.

Last fall I took a Beatles tour in Liverpool and saw the real Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Eleanor Rigby's grave, and lots of other cool stuff. We also went to London, and visited Abbey Road. :up:

That would be an awesome tour to take. Good stuff.

My personal favorite is Abbey Road, but I like them all.

my favorite beatles album is constantly changing, but for the past few months i've been loving the hell out of revolver. its such a perfect album. i wish tomorrow never knows was 10 minutes longer. and your bird can sing is such wonderfulness. though i hear john lennon ended up despising the song since it was mostly non sensical.

im always surprised by the love for rubber soul though. its an okay album, but it's one of my least favorite from them, i rarely listen to it. but i see so many other people regarding it so highly. but, norwegian wood is on it, and thats a flat out phenomenal song.

im always surprised by the love for rubber soul though. its an okay album, but it's one of my least favorite from them, i rarely listen to it. but i see so many other people regarding it so highly. but, norwegian wood is on it, and thats a flat out phenomenal song.

Totally agree.

For me it's very hard to pick a favorite album so I'd say my top 3 are Sgt. Pepper, the white album, and Abbey Road.

Man, I love Rubber Soul.

But, I love everything these four ****ers did, so, you know...
But seriously, it really is the pinnacle of the early pop years, whereas Revolver is the transition out of them. It has some of Paul's ****ing best ****, **** that nobody ever mentions despite how ****ing wicked it is.

Too bad he had to die and be replaced like a month after the album was released.

"Run For Your Life" is kind of hated now for misogyny, but as far as John expressing raw emotion, it's ****ing phenomenal. Also, it has "If I Needed Someone" which is a wickedly modern George song.

"Let this be a sermon, I mean everything I said..."

Such a sick, unique vocal performance.

"Best band that ever was, best band that ever will be." - Billy Joel.

When I think of artists that helped trigger my love for music, The Beatles are always the first that come to mind along with Sinatra. Undoubtedly the most important band in popular music.

My favorite Beatles album is The White Album. Absolutely perfect album. Blackbird is probably my favorite Beatles song of all time.

"Let this be a sermon, I mean everything I said..."

Such a sick, unique vocal performance.
Couldn't agree with you more on that one. You can hear the venom in each and every note.:D

The Beatles helped open a door for me in music, leading me to discover and enjoy hundreds of other bands I'd never even heard of. But, it all started with the Fab Four.:up:

While my favorite is Revolver, I believe Beatles For Sale is a criminally ignored album. With 'I'm A Loser' and 'No Reply', John really started tapping into that more dark, raw side of his songwriting that we'd see later on.

My favorite band. :up:

Best album I'd say was Abbey Road.

This summer me and my drummer ate acid for the first time and I listened to Revolver front to back. It was like hearing it for the first time.

My favorite Beatles album is The White Album. Absolutely perfect album. Blackbird is probably my favorite Beatles song of all time.

the white album is always a fave. though, i dont think it ever really had to be a double album. there was a lot of fat that coulda been trimmed off that album that woulda been better served as b-sides for singles, etc...

Anybody hear the news a little while back about Carnival of Lights? Thoughts?

"Across the Universe" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" are two of my favorite songs of all time.

Needs Videos

[YT] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6G7MkBMVxE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-6G7MkBMVxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

My favorite Beatles song, "Helter Skelter", fa sho.

i love the story behind helter skelter:
paul was reading an interview with pete townshend where pete stated he just wrong the biggest, rawest, dirty and sweaty rock song in the history of rock and roll. and paul, not one to be out done, is pretty much like "f**k that!" and sets off to out do pete, with no concept of pete's unknown song for reference. so paul goes out and comes up with helter skelter, a song about an amusement park slide from his child hood that was called "helter skelter".

so, as it turns out, what who song was pete townshend talking about?

valiant effort pete....but points to paul.

Favourite Beatles album would have to be Sgt Peppers.. It is just full of great singwriting throughout and every single song is amazing, but then again isnt that the same with all Beatles album's.

Favourite track is proberly 'A Day In The Life' but it's hard to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"