The Official Beatles Thread

Sgt. Pepper was better. Magical Mystery Tour (the US version) was better. The White Album was better. Abbey Round was better.

such dirty dirty lies! no wonder your parents dont love you!

Makes ya wonder why it took them so darn long. :p

Way too late. Anyone who wanted The Beatles on their iPod has got them on there already. Still, it's nice to finally see them on there.

Are they offering individual songs or just the albums? If it's just the albums, then yeah, it's too late. But I wouldn't mind downloading some songs from their less than stellar albums that most people don't buy. Twist & Shout is one that quickly comes to mind.

Well is nice for people who prefer digital music that they can finally buy The Beatles songs online.

Are they offering individual songs or just the albums? If it's just the albums, then yeah, it's too late. But I wouldn't mind downloading some songs from their less than stellar albums that most people don't buy. Twist & Shout is one that quickly comes to mind.

Yes you can buy individual songs from the albums. I've been thinking to buy Magical Mystery Tour, especially since I can't seem to find my copy anywhere.

Even though the Beatles are on iTunes now, people are still buying the CDs. Amazon was selling the Red and Blue albums for $10 each and they sold out. I was lucky to get a copy of the Blue Album before it was too late.

I loved The Beatles. :hrt:
Every album from them is great. Obviously my favorite is Sgt.Peppers even though I liked all their album. :yay:

Even though the Beatles are on iTunes now, people are still buying the CDs. Amazon was selling the Red and Blue albums for $10 each and they sold out. I was lucky to get a copy of the Blue Album before it was too late.

I think the availability of the Beatles on iTunes probably introduce more people to their music, which explains why the spike of sales of their other albums on Amazon.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/beatles-cross-5-million-songs-72002
The Beatles have sold more than 5 million songs since making their November 16 iTunes debut, says a spokesman for the online retailer. In that time, the legendary group has also moved more than a million full-length albums.

The most popular song download? "Here Comes the Sun," from 1969's Abbey Road, which is the band's top-selling album on iTunes.
Pretty cool.

its very cool that here comes the sun is the most popular download, but its also surprising.

its very cool that here comes the sun is the most popular download, but its also surprising.

Yes, very surprising. Although, I'm not surprised by Abbey Road. It's arguably their best album and also has the best stereo mixing. And that's a big deal for anyone who listens to music with headphones. Atleast 70% of their songs are awful to listen to on headphones because of how bad the stereo mixing is. The Sgt. Pepper album, in particular, is completely un-listenable. THANKFULLY, there's the 1999 re-release of the Yellow Submarine soundtrack which re-mixed all the songs. Through there, I got Sgt. Pepper, With a Little Help From My Friends, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and When I'm Sixty Four. And, through LOVE, the soundtrack for the Cirque de Solei show, I got A Day in the Life and the Sgt. Pepper Reprise.

thats why i got the mono remasters! those earlier albums were recorded to be mixed in mono, they sound best that way.

Anyone see Paul McCartney in concert last year? I saw him in Nashville in June and he was so good! I can't wait for him to come back!

George Martin > Phil Spector
When it comes to producing the Beatles? Yes. In general, no.
Spector's legacy and contributions to music are astounding. Track down the Back to Mono boxset and give it a whirl. It's the greatest pop music ever recorded. Each song is a marvel and minor symphony in two to three minutes.
Revolver is their greatest masterpiece....period!
You know, the more I listen to Revolver, the more and more that I love it. "Tomorrow Never Knows" :up:

For me it's always been a tie between Revolver and Rubber Soul

What about With the Beatles? or Magical Mystery Tour?
Sgt. Pepper's was my favorite for years, but like I said earlier... the more I listen to Revolver, the deeper and more artistic and interesting that album gets for me.

With The Beatles has always beenmy least favorite. They had some sick covers with Please Mister Postman and You Really Got A Hold On Me, and then obviously there is Paul's sweet as honey All My Loving and John's old fashioned gut rock It Won't Be Long, but other than that couple, there wasn't much there for me.:o

Magical Mystery Tour on the other hand is an underappreciated psychedelic masterpiece.:up:

With the Beatles is in my Top 5 favorite Beatles albums :cmad:

With the Beatles is great. My favorite songs from it are Money (That's What I Want) and It Won't Be Long

That's not what your dad said last night

:oldrazz:

Rubber Soul and Revolver have grown on me. I used to dismiss them as too soft, but they are indeed artistic masterpieces. Lyrically, those were their two best albums. Musically, the 1967-69 era is still the best.

You know, the more I listen to Revolver, the more and more that I love it. "Tomorrow Never Knows" :up:

There are many songs I love from Revolver. That, Good Day Sunshine, Dr. Robert, For No One, and Yellow Submarine. I'm sure there are others that I like that I didn't mention

What about With the Beatles? or Magical Mystery Tour?
Sgt. Pepper's was my favorite for years, but like I said earlier... the more I listen to Revolver, the deeper and more artistic and interesting that album gets for me.
I think I love Revolver and Rubber Soul most. I love Sgt. Peppers, but I love it more when I add some of the songs that were in Magical Mystery Tour like Strawberry Fields Forever, Penny Lane, I am The Walrus, Baby You're a Rich Man and Hello Goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"