The Official Beatles Thread

I can't wait for Beatles Rock Band. :up:

I'd just like to point out how utterly disgusted I am that the f**king Kelly Clarkson thread has over double the posts of this one. You people make me sick.

Lol^

I finished making a Beatles compilation for my car. I didn't want to go anymore than three discs, so ended up being 80 songs worth. It's good times.

I'd just like to point out how utterly disgusted I am that the f**king Kelly Clarkson thread has over double the posts of this one. You people make me sick.

says the man who only has 3 posts in this thread. :o

says the man who only has 3 posts in this thread. :o

Three more than I have in the Clarkson thread. And I don't come here that often anymore, on account of the whole "you people make me sick" thing :o

So, let's stimulate the conversation then. Just for you, Joker.;)

What's everyone favorite, and least favorite album of The Fab Four?

For me, Revolver is their masterwork. The only other thing that can compare is Sgt. Pepper, but something about Revolver makes me pick it instead. I can't explain it.

Worst album? Well, even a 'bad' Beatles album is better than pretty much anything. But, it'd have to be With The Beatles. Seemed rushed, and despite two amazing covers of 'You Really Got A Hold On Me' and 'Please Mister Postman', and the great original opener 'It Won't Be Long', most of the songs seemed rushed and not that well put together.

revolver is also my favorite.

i've found lately, the more people know about the beatles and their music, the more likely revolver is their favorite album and george is their favorite beatle.

i think my least favorite album from them would be something new. but in regards to just their later works, i'd say rubber soul is my least favorite (despite the fact that is has norwegian wood on it, which is a lovely song!) but rubber soul was clearly a transitional album for them. they were trying to get to some place new with rubber soul, but they werent quite sure how to get there yet, and i think that shows on the album. but clearly, the album was necessary for them to get to where they were going, so i find it quite important in that regard.

I would agree with Rubber Soul, but their's just too many great songs.

From Norwegian Wood, to In My Life, Nowhere Man, Run For Your Life, Girl, If I Needed Someone, etc. Sure, there are some clunkers, popwise, but, too many classics.

And John will always be my favorite.:o

Rubber Soul is awesome.

It's between Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, and Abbey Road for me. All three albums are totally solid in every way. Least favorite is Yellow Submarine, as it had a couple songs that had been previously released, and then a bunch of George Martin crap no one cared about.

Also, George was totally the best Beatle, and it shows in his solo work. While Paul and John were both taking crap advice from their untalented wives, and making abortions of songs with Wings and disco albums, respectively, George was making the same music he would have been with the Beatles. While Paul and John together were great songwriters, apart they suffered, while George thrived. Lennon had some great solo stuff, Ringo had some great solo stuff, and Paul had like...3 good songs with Wings, I guess, but almost everything George did afterwards was amazing.

i think john, paul, and george all had their fair amount of extremely impressive solo work.

John did. And as I said, George was great. Even Ringo had some good stuff. Paul on the other hand was at best good, but usually incredibly mediocre. And by the time he came out with that "Freedom" song, post-9/11, he was a joke as far as I'm concerned.

It's a good thing the real Paul died in the 60's, and isn't around to see what Fake Paul has done to his good name ;)

She might have better lady bits, but the whole part where she has no talent and is only famous for winning a s**ty singer competition that the inbred pleebs and tween girls in this country seem to love so much is where I have a problem with her. She deserves her own thread about her music as soon as she actually WRITES some music as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway back on topic, I've been listening to the LOVE album that came out a few years back now a bit lately, and I gotta say there's some really intersting stuff going on with it.

while im still pretty fresh to the beatles as solo artists (i mentioned a while ago in this thread that it was hard for me to think of them as much) i think pauls work on 'RAM' and 'McCartney' was most impressive....and its usually best not to stray too far past that.

of the beatles solo albums, i have:

lennon: plastic ono band, imagine
mccartney: self titled, RAM
harrison: all things must pass, self titled, living in a material world

I didn't know we had a Beatles thread. Sweet. Favorite band ever. Best band ever.

Hm. Not to be too cliche but their best albums, are a toss up for me, so I'll go with The White Album and Abbey Road. I mostly listen to a compilation playlist I made of them a year or so ago now. It has nearly a hundred songs I think and it is chronology so that just makes it simple.

Mind Games, in my honest opinion, might be the best solo work by any Beatle. It has pop tunes, sweet melodies, beautiful acoustic work, protest songs...amazing stuff. Not enough love for that one.

i've been meaning to check out lennon's mind games and rock 'n roll. but i just downloaded a s**t ton of dylan and yardbirds, so my attention is occupied.

If you order the Beatles Stereo Box Set from BestBuy.com right now, it's only $200, instead of $250.

I agree with you there Joker. George was the best beatle. His solo albums was just as good as the Beatles albums and I also agree with you about John and Paul. Paul has only had some hits in his solo career and I didn't really like it but with his new band The firemen he sounds much better. And about the wives you are totally correct especially about John,I felt that Yoko led him away from his beatle material and into a more dreamy style,which I didn't like.
Well sorry if my post isnt understandable.

Nintendo Power seems to have accidentaly leaked that While My Guitar Gently Weeps will be in Beatles: Rock Band.

Wired Magazine article about the production of the game:

http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/magazine/17-09/mf_rockband?currentPage=all

New York Times article about the production, and impact of the game:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/magazine/16beatles-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=4

The NY Times article confirms Sgt. Pepper, and Rubber Soul as future full album DLC, and also seems to confirm that DLC will be done as full albums only (you'll be able to buy the songs seperately still, just like the full albums now).

Full Beatles: Rock Band tracklist revealed in Game Informer

http://kotaku.com/5337085/the-beatles-rock-band-full-soundtrack-revealed-in-new-game-informer

Singles
I Want To Hold Your Hand
I Feel Fine
Day Tripper
Paperback Writer
Revolution
Don't Let Me Down

Please Please Me (1963)
I Saw Her Standing There
Boys
Do You Want To Know A Secret
Twist and Shout

With the Beatles (1963)
I Wanna Be Your Man

A Hard Day's Night (1964)
A Hard Day's Night
Can't Buy Me Love

Beatles For Sale (1964)
Eight Days a Week

Help! (1965)
Ticket To Ride

Rubber Soul (1965)
Drive My Car
I'm Looking Through You
If I Needed Someone

Revolver (1966)
Taxman
Yellow Submarine
And Your Bird Can Sing

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Getting Better
Good Morning Good Morning

Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
I Am The Walrus
Hello Goodbye

The Beatles (White Album) (1968)
Dear Prudence
Back In the U.S.S.R.
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Birthday
Helter Skelter

Yellow Submarine (1969)
Hey Bulldog

Abbey Road (1969)
Come Together
Something
Octopus's Garden
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Here Comes the Sun

Let It Be (1970)
Dig a Pony
I Me Mine
I Got a Feeling
Get Back

Love (2006)
Within You Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows

I've started a [thread=328324]thread[/thread] about The Beatles: Rock Band in games, as no one seems to come to this one anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"