The Official Beatles Thread

im all for talking about the beatles. i dont have anything to say about the game though. im not a gamer. it looks cool, but thats all i can say about it.

so how great is "and your bird can sing"? answer: so great.

I love the movie "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".

the hard days night movie was okay. it had some nice moments, but over all i was pretty bored by it. there was no real story to it, ha ha.

help! was a really fun movie, but it went on for too long.

yellow submarine is my favorite (i know the beatles arent actually in it). i find it wonderfully imaginative and inspiring.

i never even bothered with the sgt. peppers movie....i mean, the bee gee's?

the hard days night movie was okay. it had some nice moments, but over all i was pretty bored by it. there was no real story to it, ha ha.

help! was a really fun movie, but it went on for too long.

yellow submarine is my favorite (i know the beatles arent actually in it). i find it wonderfully imaginative and inspiring.

i never even bothered with the sgt. peppers movie....i mean, the bee gee's?

I like Hard Days Night, and I really like Help!, and Yellow Submarine is ok but the animation is pretty terrible and the voice actors are so exaggerated with their accents that it takes me out of the experience. Sgt. Pepper is a terrible movie, and should be burned, and all who like it should be greeted with nothing but scorn.

I also just watched All Together Now, the making of the Cirque Du Soliel show. It has my favorite quote from Paul ever, that really sums up everything. "What a great f**king band we were."

Sgt. Peppers is sort of a guilty pleasure of mind, when i was younger my dad had brought both Sgt. Peppers and yellow submarine to watch. i enjoy them both.

Hard Day's Night is one of my favorite movies. Period. So vibrant and so damn funny. Irreverence at it's finest, and shot beautfully. Help, while enjoyable, was way too all over the place....and I still don't know what to make of Yellow Submarine. It was fun, but odd.

And Sgt. Pepper is so bad, it's, well..still bad. But in a good way.:o

my favorite part of Help! was johns frustrated exclamation "YOU FAIL, JEWLER!"

"You're another failure, aren't you, scientist?"

So, just over a week before the remasters hit. Best Buy doesn't have the mono box up anymore, I'm guessing it's sold out for online or something. And Amazon.com definetly is sold out of BOTH sets.

A Hard Days Night is one of my favorite movies. I'm a big fan of the Marx Bros, and the humor is very much the same ("How did you find America? Turned left at Greenland."). It was fun because they were really just playing themselves, and it was such a great parody on fame that it's still just as funny today. That scene with George and trendsetting office was priceless.

One of my favorite scenes in the film is when John goes back and forth with the woman who thinks she recognizes him. Finally she puts on her glasses and says she doesn't look like him at all. He walks away muttering, "She looks more like him than I do..." :oldrazz:

I like Help, but not as much as A Hard Days Night. My sister loves that movie though, especially the random intermission in the middle of the film.

So, just over a week before the remasters hit. Best Buy doesn't have the mono box up anymore, I'm guessing it's sold out for online or something. And Amazon.com definetly is sold out of BOTH sets.
whats the difference between the stereo and mono sets? the mono set only has 11 of the albums and the stereo has all of them, so why would you pay more for the mono? i'm not up on how the audio stuff works so is there a difference there?

Last edited:
With mono, every instrument and sound comes from the same speaker. With stereo, bass will come from one speaker, the drum bits come from another, the vocals from another, etc. Stereo lets you hear EVERYTHING a lot better....nothing is burried in the mix.

Last edited:
i strongly prefer mono. particularly for beatles albums. when mixing the records they put their focus and attention on the mono mixes with little concern to the stereo mixes.

Yeah....The Beatles themselves preferred mono. So, I'm a bit torn.:o

not that youtube is the ideal source for quality sound, but....

Help! (stereo)

Help (mono)

So the Shop Rite near me had all the re-mastered Beatles CDs on sale already tonight. Not the box set, but the indvidual CDs. :wow:

I plan on buying the stereo set myself and the...acquiring the mono mixes at a later date. The stereo set has all the albums, and a dvd with all the making of documentaries on it, so I can't pass that up. All I need to get after that is Let It Be...Naked, and Anthology 2 and 3, and I'll have everything they ever recorded on cd. Then they just need to hurry up and release all 4 of their movies plus the Anthology on blu ray.

Quick question: Do the Anthology CDs have liner notes/a booklet with them? I got Anthology 1 used and it didn't have any, but signs seem to point to them having one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"