The Official Black Panther Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story would have been much better if it was someone like Black Tarantula, White Tiger, or Moon Knight instead of T'Challa. This reeks of nothing more than an attempt to make Black Panther cool without understanding the character at all.

It could also have been an opportunity for Marvel to bring back the original Night Thrasher.

It could also have been an opportunity for Marvel to bring back the original Night Thrasher.

Yeah. I could see that work. Dwayne wouldn't have much to lose, and neither would Matt. There are better choices to be MWF like Black Tarantula, but Night Thrasher could work since Matt would know that it would put no burden on him to return to superheroing.

Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #513

2s84jf8.jpg.

2uihy6h.jpg

Finally read it.

Didn't like it.

Reasons?
1. If he abdicated his throne,... where did his resources come from?
2. Standard thugs touching someone who can stay out of Steve Rodgers way? Meh.
3. Ororo Monroe allowing her BARELY recovered husband to go off and "test" himself?
4. Did he lose his enhanced senses? Kmart special Night goggles? really?
5. Matt really that selfish to ASK T'challa to leave his country in shambles,.. and T'challa deciding the best way to "test" himself is to leave his damaged country and go fight crime in America?
6. Super Soldier serum in Europe? and nothing prior in the Marvel Universe,.. OKAY, in a world where the Blue Marvel can be ignored since the 60's, Thunderstrike comes back as his own kid,.. and Osborn can be put in charge of the supreme law enforcement organization on the planet AFTER years of being known as a sick, demented monster,... I guess yet another super soldier program could slip under the radar.
7. T'challa read as,.. wooden.
8. There was no time limit inferred. What happens if T'challa is done "testing himself?" Pay Luke Cage to take over?
9. Not enough story explaining how T'challa was able to abdicate,.. Of the impression that the Panther God has a say in who is the Black Panther? How he was able to leave behind the Beloved ones - esp since they almost lost him twice before.
10. How is he going to deal with team up situations?
(Do I have to explain this?)

Why would you pick a guy who cant protect his own country to protect a neighborhood????
and whats so special about Hells Kitchen that Spidey or Cap couldnt have added it to their patrol routes????

Varient brought something up that I normally don't comment on because of the amount of sandy vaginas regarding the situation on both sides. Storm and T'Challa's relationship has to be really crappy if she just agrees with him to go "test" himself in a rinky dink neighborhood while none of the leaders of Wakanda are around to fix things.

She should have at least argued with the guy, and told him that it's really stupid to leave the country in shambles to find himself. She's not going to be around running things because she's with the X-Men. Shuri's off being some kind of watered down and uninteresting version of Wolverine, so she's not around to fix things either. Storm could have at least put up a fight instead of just going along as if nothing was wrong with what T'Challa is doing.

If they're to be a good couple they need to have their arguments and differences. They can't just be the couple that never has any conflicts. That makes them boring.

isnt it funny that when Marvel breaks up Peter and MJ because their marriage was editorial mandated and then marries Storm and BP in the exact same manner?

Varient brought something up that I normally don't comment on because of the amount of sandy vaginas regarding the situation on both sides. Storm and T'Challa's relationship has to be really crappy if she just agrees with him to go "test" himself in a rinky dink neighborhood while none of the leaders of Wakanda are around to fix things.

She should have at least argued with the guy, and told him that it's really stupid to leave the country in shambles to find himself. She's not going to be around running things because she's with the X-Men. Shuri's off being some kind of watered down and uninteresting version of Wolverine, so she's not around to fix things either. Storm could have at least put up a fight instead of just going along as if nothing was wrong with what T'Challa is doing.

If they're to be a good couple they need to have their arguments and differences. They can't just be the couple that never has any conflicts. That makes them boring.

I'm going to be fair to Liss and believe that even he hates the Storm/Black Panther marriage. It's really the only way to explain why he made her such a non-character for his run right from the get-go. However Marvel editorial will never admit to the mistakes they have made, hence why they're still married and love each other and yet don't interact anymore.

It's a damn shame. At least Dan DiDio admits his mistakes and DC at least tries to fix them when fans are rabidly venomous against them. Marvel on the other hand will continue to shove "No more mutants," erasing the Spider-Man/Mary Jane marriage, the $3.99 price point, and the Storm/Black Panther marriage.

I can see it now, 47 issues of techno babble and tribal politics with a 4 page fight pay off. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"