The Official Blue Beetle Thread

why do you people have to ruin threads like this with gay humor? come on people

wel anyway, in the spirit of keeping it real, check out booster gold
692480582_l.jpg

Seriously. I have yet to see gay humor do anything but enrich the lives of all involved. :o

Good work on the costumes, though I would've gone with the high collar for Booster. Booster totally needs a super-cool collar. In many ways, that collar represents what Booster's all about. :)

Here's for the collar!

I keep on thinking the costumes are spray painted directly onto their bodies... they really look like it in places.

Or maybe that's just a sexual fantasy of mine... mmm Booster...

Oops, seems to have slipped back into gay humour.

P.S. Goins is a really funny surname.

im doing a contemporary version of the characters. true- there are ways to make the collar look cool, but for lack of a better excuse, i got lazy.

and im not a homophobe. i think its not making anything funnier. its just there.

oh, and booster's costume is sewn together. the blue beetle costume, is a sky blue with the dark blue painted on. same with the black lining. all painted on.

Actually, I said I've never seen gay humor do anything but enrich people's lives. This time included. You're going to have to lose some of that maturity if you want to play in our sandbox, buddy. :p

eh, its not about maturity, its just annoying. put yerself in my shoes. you try and show people something you think they'd like to see, then all they do is make bad jokes about it. it's like, why bother? i have no problems with gay humor- when its funny. but come on. why would i want to show any of my work when all i get are gay references? its just not cool.

Other people have given you compliments on it. I've posted on the Fan Art boards for a long time here and all I can say is that if you're not prepared for pretty much every reaction to your work, you're going to be disappointed.

im cool with compliments and critisims. thats not my problem. my problem is that im expecting compliments and critisims and all i see are gay related comments, and a pic of booster and gl doing it.

thats not too conducive to me becoming a better artist. thats my problem. its like going off topic.

by the way, i saw yer comic. its pretty cool.

SpiderTime said:
im cool with compliments and critisims. thats not my problem. my problem is that im expecting compliments and critisims and all i see are gay related comments, and a pic of booster and gl doing it.

thats not too conducive to me becoming a better artist. thats my problem. its like going off topic.

by the way, i saw yer comic. its pretty cool.

you went off topic first, since this thread is about the new Blue Beetle comic, not your crappy homemade costumes and movies :)

So... hmmm...

How about that last page of #2...

It's got me hooked.

Yeah, let's get back on track.

"Jaime, it's one year later!"
That ties that oddity up nicely, I think.

Lackey said:
you went off topic first, since this thread is about the new Blue Beetle comic, not your crappy homemade costumes and movies :)

its the offical blue beetle thread. you want the new blue beetle comic, go to comic bloc and quit complaining.

And it's in the comics section! Take it over to hype's fanfilm/art section.

yenaled said:
So... hmmm...

How about that last page of #2...

It's got me hooked.
The second-to-last page was even better for me. I love his sister. :D

TheCorpulent1 said:
The second-to-last page was even better for me. I love his sister. :D

Ohh some of Milagro in her PJs eh...

You cad.

Ew, no. I meant how she moved into his room while he was away. That was a funny moment, when he stumbles through the window, she screams, and he's just like, "Wow, you really did move in fast."

Haha, I know :D

That scene actually reminded me of Back to the Future Part 2, when Marty climbs into his room and someone else is there and then the parent runs in with a baseball bat.

yenaled said:
Haha, I know :D

That scene actually reminded me of Back to the Future Part 2, when Marty climbs into his room and someone else is there and then the parent runs in with a baseball bat.

For a second, I almost thought they were going to do something like that... like his family wouldn't know who he was.

Did his dad lose a lot of weight? I remember wondering, "Who the hell is that?" when his dad came into the room on the last page.

Grew a beard and is walking with canes too. Bet he got sick during the past year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"