The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Conor hung tough the first few rounds but he looks gassed and Mayweather is just toying with him now.
The first two rounds, Floyd literally did nothing just to do nothing. And Conor gassed. :funny:

A veteran boxer beat a UFC fighter. Alert the media.

The first two rounds, Floyd literally did nothing just to do nothing. And Conor gassed. :funny:

that's his thing isn't it? learn the fighter the first few rounds and then move in for the kill?

that's his thing isn't it? learn the fighter the first few rounds and then move in for the kill?
Not like this. Usually, standing straight, middle of the ring. Floyd usually goes to the ropes to rest in the mid-rounds, when his opponent's don't have anything to really throw at him. With Canelo he actually avoided the ropes almost the entire fight because he worried about his power. Here he just hung on the ropes, let Conor throw, and did nothing. It was actually rather comical if you are use to Floyd.

Conor gassed hard, like he did against Diaz both times he got to around the 8-10 min mark.

The best boxer alive just went 10 rounds with a fighter in his first fight in the discipline. Can't not respect that.

Floyd is 50-0 in boxing and 1-0 in pro wrestling

For all McGregor's talk he didn't really go for it, his only remote chance of winning was to land that big left early, instead the whole thing played out like a tedious worked exhibition.

I'm glad Floyd is retiring in glory tho. So many great champs just dont know when to quit.
I don't like Floyd, but yeah just ride off. He looked old against Berto two years ago. Looked old again tonight, even whooping Conor.

I have to give him real props for one thing. He figured out how to make a cool 300m going out the door fighting a can. A pretty good promoter.

When 40 year old feather fisted Floyd starts walking you down, without defending, you know you ain't got nothing. :lmao:

He walked a lot of people down, for someone "feather fisted" most of his opponents could never do it to him though.

Conor's tough, but we all already knew that, he hung in best he could. But it was only a matter of time. That being said, glad this is finally over...

For all McGregor's talk he didn't really go for it, his only remote chance of winning was to land that big left early, instead the whole thing played out like a tedious worked exhibition.
Thing is, after the first three, he couldn't. He was tired. He was throwing as hard as he could after the first three, and he didn't have very much. The few straights to body Floyd hit early was all Conor had in him.

With the UFC desperate for a major draw, don't be surprised if Conor returns to the Octagon before the year is over.

He walked a lot of people down, for someone "feather fisted" most of his opponents could never do it to him though.

Conor's tough, but we all already knew that, he hung in best he could. But it was only a matter of time. That being said, glad this is finally over...
Someone as big as Conor, that shouldn't have happened. It didn't happen with Canelo. I was kind of shocked at how much bigger he was, even after the weigh-ins.

With the UFC desperate for a major draw, don't be surprised if Conor returns to the Octagon before the year is over.
December vs. Nate. Hopefully this time for a title.

LOL At the folks who paid for this tho!

Love those Russian links. Thank you, Trump.

Thing is, after the first three, he couldn't. He was tired. He was throwing as hard as he could after the first three, and he didn't have very much. The few straights to body Floyd hit early was all Conor had in him.

That's what I mean, he shgould have went for the big left continuously from the first bell, he could afford to get hit as Mayweather doesn't have a knockout punch and Mcgregor can take a beating as he showed in the second Diaz fight, to me he played it safe to avoid any potential embarassment and Mayweather played along and just took his time to give the crowd a few more rounds.

So are people gonna feel ripped off by this fight?

UFC fighters should just stay in their lane. I do feel like this is just the beginning tho. I think we will see more UFC fighters call out boxers.

UFC fighters should just stay in their lane. I do feel like this is just the beginning tho. I think we will see more UFC fighters call out boxers.
And just about every one of those will turn out like this fight, except without the huge paydays.

Has a high profile boxer ever go against an MMA fighter in a UFC fight?

That's what I mean, he shgould have went for the big left continuously from the first bell, he could afford to get hit as Mayweather doesn't have a knockout punch and Mcgregor can take a beating as he showed in the second Diaz fight, to me he played it safe to avoid any potential embarassment and Mayweather played along and just took his time to give the crowd a few more rounds.
He couldn't hit him. He might have tried, but he couldn't hit him with something like that. Floyd, even old, would have saw it coming.

And just about every one of those will turn out like this fight, except without the huge paydays.
Nah. Some of them will fight prime big hitters, and die. Imagine if Conor had fought Canelo or GGG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"