The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

So apparently AJ really wants the fight with Wilder, Wilder wants the rematch with Fury and Fury's coach said they could actually take a fight with Whyte. So it's a lot of moving pieces in the heavyweight division right now.

Right now i'd say the most likely is probably... AJ - Whyte 2 in April and Wilder - Fury 2 in the summer. But it's all mixed up at this point with little certainty which makes it harder to predict correctly. Interestingly enough The Ring has them rated like this...

1. AJ
2. Fury
3. Wilder
4. Whyte
All of those make sense. And I also think the 2 you mentioned are most likely.

I actually like Whyte/Ortiz. That would be a good matchup.
That could be interesting. Even though i wasn't that impressed by Ortiz in his last fight and he's getting old too. Whyte would likely be outboxed by Ortiz superior skill but the significant age difference and i'd say power of Whyte would give him the win.

For a Whyte - Ortiz fight my prediction would be
Victory for White by KO in the later rounds.

For the few that care, Mayweather TKO'd Japanese kickboxer Nasukawa in their 3 round boxing exhibition bout inside the 1st round, knocking him down 3 times & his corner threw in the towel.

Exhibition or not he had no business being in the ring with Mayweather, his complete lack of even an amateur backround in boxing showed.. all he's known is kickboxing & briefly MMA.

For the few that care, Mayweather TKO'd Japanese kickboxer Nasukawa in their 3 round boxing exhibition bout inside the 1st round, knocking him down 3 times & his corner threw in the towel.

Exhibition or not he had no business being in the ring with Mayweather, his complete lack of even an amateur backround in boxing showed.. all he's known is kickboxing & briefly MMA.
Just saw that fight. I'm wondering how much money did they make from it. Wasn't a very good show at all. It clearly was an exhibition fight.

That could be interesting. Even though i wasn't that impressed by Ortiz in his last fight and he's getting old too. Whyte would likely be outboxed by Ortiz superior skill but the significant age difference and i'd say power of Whyte would give him the win.

For a Whyte - Ortiz fight my prediction would be
Victory for White by KO in the later rounds.
I don't know. I think Ortiz would get him early. But you never know. I think it's a good fight though.

It was a joke of a fight. The asian guy could have faked it much better. The way he went down on the first knockdown was a joke and all his theatrical movement every time he got knocked down just made this "fight" even more of a joke.

77 million in FM pockets. Both are laughing all the way to the bank.

It was a joke of a fight. The asian guy could have faked it much better. The way he went down on the first knockdown was a joke and all his theatrical movement every time he got knocked down just made this "fight" even more of a joke.

77 million in FM pockets. Both are laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah it did all look a bit fishy if you ask me, in particular as you said, the first & the third knockdowns, Tenshin's reactions reminded Harry from Home Alone when he was on the icy steps.

Japanese MMA/Kickboxing is notorious for having fights with finishes that seem questionable when you watch them, particularly when you see replays. This probably isn't one of the worst, although it did look suspicious IMO.

I’ve got no interest in these “cross-discipline” fights which are just inexperienced boxers against a boxing great.

Who you got this weekend Pacman or Broner?

I want Pacquaio to win but I get the feeling that Broner may win by KO.

Linares just got blasted out in 1!! :wow:. The same Linares that gave Lomachenko hell.

Hard to call Pac/ Broner. I think Broner may pull it off.

Canelo/ Jacobs is going to be a hell of a fight. Again, hard to pick, Jacobs has been put down by lighter punchers, but Canelo has problems with dudes that move.

I still think Jacobs beat GGG.

The end of rd. 10 against Taylor is one of the few times I've seen Broner let his hands go, and the potential this guy had.

I hope he loses, he's one of the biggest wastes of talent I've ever seen in the sport, and it would be horrible that he gets another push off the back of a past his prime Pacquiao. I think it comes down to Broner's conditioning. If he's going to lay on the ropes and try to pot shot, he'll lose, assuming Manny still has enough gas himself to stay busy. Otherwise, sadly, it's a fight AB should win...

Well hopefully this is the end of Broner's career. One of the biggest wastes I've ever seen. To arrogant to listen to his corner or even improve his corner.

Well I was completely off my prediction.

Broner done went full stupid if he thinks he won that fight. SMH.

Was so happy to see Manny get the win, although I have tbh I really hope it doesn't set up Manny vs. Mayweather 2 nobody wants to see that again.

Adrien Broner is the epitome of delusion and has absolute zero class.

Credit to Jim Gray his response had me laughing so hard.

Jim Gray: "You are 3-3-1 in your last 7 fights, what do you thinks next for you?"
Adrien Broner: "I'm 3-3-1 in my last 7 fights, but I'd be 7-0 against you,"
Jim Gray: “Well that wouldn’t mean much, that’s the end of this interview.”
:funny:

God, that guy was delusional!!
Yeah, they gave Manny the victory, just so they can set up Manny v Floyd 2. Ok dude.

God, that guy was delusional!!
Yeah, they gave Manny the victory, just so they can set up Manny v Floyd 2. Ok dude.

I really hope we don't have to sit through this a second time to be honest. Would much rather see him go out fighting the winner of Crawford vs. Khan or Shawn Porter.

I listened to Thurman talk a lot of trash before this Lopez fight. And with a two year lay off I didn't think it was smart lol. He did enough tonight, but he better get some more work in before even thinking about Spence or Crawford...

Agreed. Lopez almost took him out in the 7th. If that was Spence or Porter, he would have been gone.

I can believe this for two reasons

1. Being the heavyweight champion must fill you with an immense feeling of almost indestructability in terms of any unarmed confrontation.
  2. Tyson probably didn't realise that the gorilla was strong enough to rip his arms off and beat him to death with them:funny:

So Fury signed with Top Rank. This move just killed the entire heavyweight division. Arum ain't letting Fury near any PBC fighters any time soon, especially with the money he just signed Fury to. Instead of the division being divided by PBC and DAZN, now you throw Top Rank into the mix and it's about to get way worse!

I can believe this for two reasons

1. Being the heavyweight champion must fill you with an immense feeling of almost indestructability in terms of any unarmed confrontation.
  2. Tyson probably didn't realise that the gorilla was strong enough to rip his arms off and beat him to death with them:funny:

Well...this is the same guy who liked to wrestle tigers so, at that point in time his mental state wasn't the greatest to say the least.

On another note, I already knew the size disparity for Garcia was going to be an issue, but seeing them at the press conference just made it all the more glaring.

I believe Spence to be the best in the business right now, mostly because his jab, body work and inside fighting are the best in the game currently. I appreciate Mikey's heart, but all those things are going to be magnified by the fact that he's considerably smaller. I don't expect this one to last all 12...

So Fury signed with Top Rank. This move just killed the entire heavyweight division. Arum ain't letting Fury near any PBC fighters any time soon, especially with the money he just signed Fury to.

I was confused by this too, particularly if Fury really wanted that Wilder rematch anytime soon, but I can't blame him for taking the bag either...

Last edited:
Well...this is the same guy who liked to wrestle tigers so, at that point in time his mental state wasn't the greatest to say the least.

On another note, I already knew the size disparity for Garcia was going to be an issue, but seeing them at the press conference just made it all the more glaring.

I believe Spence to be the best in the business right now, mostly because his jab, body work and inside fighting are the best in the game currently. I appreciate Mikey's heart, but all those things are going to be magnified by the fact that he's considerably smaller. I don't expect this one to last all 12...

I was confused by this too, particularly if Fury really wanted that Wilder rematch anytime soon, but I can't blame him for taking the bag either...
Yes........it was a lot of money. It's just the timing was way off. The rematch was so close, even went to purse bidding and now this.........just way out of left field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"