The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Properly knocked out? Would be quite dumb if something like that really cost him his titles and record. I don't think he performed that well in a number of his recent fights.
He hasn't but this fight he looked like a totally different fighter. If you go to youtube, you see plenty of conspiracy theories out there of him throwing the fight.........I just don't see him doing that. I think the way he was acting, fighting and post fight, he just didn't seem like himself at all.

He hasn't but this fight he looked like a totally different fighter. If you go to youtube, you see plenty of conspiracy theories out there of him throwing the fight.........I just don't see him doing that. I think the way he was acting, fighting and post fight, he just didn't seem like himself at all.
No way he threw the fight. He could have made a fortune (billion dollars was predicted) as an unbeaten fighter taking out all the big names and then living off that for the rest of his life, so it's not going to be money. And not sure what other reason he would throw a fight but I'm not giving traffic to conspiracy theories. Getting slightly concussed in training would at least make sense, as would his camp just totally underestimating Ruiz. Post fight he hasn't been KO'd before so you'd expect him to seem different. From the 3rd round onwards in fact.

No way he threw the fight. He could have made a fortune (billion dollars was predicted) as an unbeaten fighter taking out all the big names and then living off that for the rest of his life, so it's not going to be money. And not sure what other reason he would throw a fight but I'm not giving traffic to conspiracy theories. Getting slightly concussed in training would at least make sense, as would his camp just totally underestimating Ruiz. Post fight he hasn't been KO'd before so you'd expect him to seem different. From the 3rd round onwards in fact.
Agreed. I think he totally underestimated Ruiz, who has incredible hand speed for a guy his size. Have you heard the rumor of him being knocked out cold in sparring? If that's the case, then I can totally see why he wasn't himself. I don't think they'd cancel the fight on such short notice for his big American debut, even if he was. They probably thought he could take him regardless and we see what happened.

Agreed. I think he totally underestimated Ruiz, who has incredible hand speed for a guy his size. Have you heard the rumor of him being knocked out cold in sparring? If that's the case, then I can totally see why he wasn't himself. I don't think they'd cancel the fight on such short notice for his big American debut, even if he was. They probably thought he could take him regardless and we see what happened.
They definitely underestimated him, as most people probably did. One of my friends did call it though, which is the 3rd unpredictable result he has called recently. His hand speed was very impressive, as well as his resilience/chin. Makes sense that they wouldn't cancel unless it was something obviously major. I think the fact Ruiz had already been in a training camp before the rearrangement helped his progress, and also hindered Joshua's camp who were training to go up against a fighter closer in size. Also I don't remember if Joshua has experience of taking on anyone similar to Ruiz but fighting that style of boxer and one who is significantly shorter needs to be focused on in training when you have ideal prep.

I guess no one GGG was fighting last night huh? :funny:

I can't stand Bob Arum, don't want to read or listen to a single thought or opinion formulated in his parasitic mind about anything regarding the fight game.

What happened?

I guess no one GGG was fighting last night huh? :funny:

Wasn't impressive at all. That dude was hitting him way too much. Obviously he couldn't really hurt GGG, but to my eyes GGG's looked his age (or a little older) dating back to the Brook fight. I really believe if he winds up against Canelo again it'll be even more decisive this time...

Wasn't impressive at all. That dude was hitting him way too much. Obviously he couldn't really hurt GGG, but to my eyes GGG's looked his age (or a little older) dating back to the Brook fight. I really believe if he winds up against Canelo again it'll be even more decisive this time...
First fight I get people thinking it's close but the second fight between GGG and Canelo was not close. In my eyes Canelo clearly beat GGG. I'm not saying people don't want to see Canelo fight GGG but there are other fights to be had out there. Why doesn't GGG fight Billy Joe Saunders or Andrade or Charlo? Why does he get to fight Canelo three times? I can't blame Oscar De Lay Hoya at all this time.

Two former Olympians and current undefeated heavyweight prospects Efe Ajagba and Ali Eren Demirezen face off on July 20th. I've seen Ajagba a few times but never Demerizen. Both guys have all knockouts except for disqualifications. Might not be a big deal either way but it's always interesting to see two undefeated guys cross paths this early in their career.

Need Fury to spark Schwarz tonight, if he loses or is extremely unconvincing it's going to put a dampener on the scheduled Wilder rematch.

Imagine if Fury loses tonight. Then Ortiz beats Wilder. Turn the whole division upside down.

I love the attempts to act like Tyson Fury owns some sort of title. He is not even the imaginary lineal champion, he lost that when he failed his drug test and then retired.

When the fight ended the announcer tried to call "and still" and then the announcer just stopped. Because he doesn't own anything. :funny:

Yea whilst I respect his come back and skill... hes still an absolute *unt.

Even if we ignore his rants about gay people... he was a terrible champion who refused to defend his titles and decided to become a raging coke head instead.

Good that he got it out of his chest. Unfortunately and regarding Fury we all stay stupid **** once in a while.
That is not saying "something stupid". That his mindset, that he has put out there multiple times.

Regarding what happened inside of the ring i gotta say that Fury showed how much of a mismatch this bout against Shwarz really was. He didn't break much of a sweat and scored a TKO victory. Tyson Fury's brother basically told it like it was, these fights are part of a well paid contract...

Why risk being in the line of fire against dangerous opponents when one can still earn as much fighting several lower level opponents and still keeping the profitable invisibility card down your sleeve. It's not what people really want to see but unfortunately its how a boxing career is approached by most fighters and we see it all around.

Fury has taken 2 massive risks in his career. Klitschko in Germany and Wilder in the US. Both paid off and now seems to be time to cash in. We shall see when that rematch against Wilder does indeed happen. The way i see it i think the bigger stars in the HW division are going to dodge each other until someone misses a step and leaves an opening for the other to come in and take the titles... Joshua already slipped once and needs to regain his titles back. It's a game of cat and mouse at this point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"