The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Wouldn't immediately dismiss Thurman. he has flaws in his game sure but he went up against an all time great who gets even better as he ages.

If Pacquiao fought as smart as he does today way back when he started, it's not difficult to imagine he'd still be undefeated
Are you suggesting Manny is even half the fighter he was a decade ago?

what he lost in physicality and talent, he gained in discretion and ringmanship.

That Marquez KO did him a lot of favors.
He would get murdered by Spence and Crawford. Hell I'd take tiny Loma over him in a heartbeat. Manny isn't close to the fighter he was in his prime. He got lucky being in there with Thurman last night, who was incapable of pushing a clearly gassed fighter halfway through the fight. Mayweather must be laughing to the bank with all this talk.

Thurman looked remarkably slow smh, but Manny was definitely gassing thru the 2nd half of the fight. I think he could probably beat Porter, what's left of him after Spence slaughters him, or maybe Garcia. But I wish he would just call it a day tbh, the upper tier of the division will hurt Manny bad...

He would get murdered by Spence and Crawford. Hell I'd take tiny Loma over him in a heartbeat. Manny isn't close to the fighter he was in his prime. He got lucky being in there with Thurman last night, who was incapable of pushing a clearly gassed fighter halfway through the fight. Mayweather must be laughing to the bank with all this talk.

I didn't see the fight, but my first reaction to hearing that Manny won was "Oh $#!t, I hope this doesn't lead to a fight with Spence or Crawford". My family has been around the fight game for decades (fortunately for me, not so much recently) and I can't tell you how many times I've seen this script. I don't want to see it again and if one of you out there thinks the Manny of today can navigate his way past Spence or Crawford (or, even as you say, Lomo), that's wishful thinking. At least if he fought Lomo, he might walk out of the ring without his brains being scrambled....."might". Lomo wouldn't fight him above 140, but if you start to tire again Lomo, your @$$ is cooked because his motor is going to be going full throttle.

Congrats to Manny.

At this point he's just extending his legend status more and more. Have seen a few people saying Thurman was even lucky to get a nod from one of the judges.

Seen he vetoed any talk of a Khan fight in Saudi Arabia, hopefully they can make that somewhere else in 2020 ideally would like to see him go out on that one.

Don't particularly want to see him fight the winner of Spence vs. Porter. As many have said think it might just be a little too much for him as he's getting older.

I honestly wouldn't even be mad if he managed to get Floyd back in the ring.

Big respect to Dillan White, he made it through a massive test against Rivas survived the knockdown and now has positioned himself for a shot at the belt.

And good god I think Arthur Szpilka might still be sleeping from the knockout he suffered from Derek Chisora. Definitely takes the cake as most brutal stoppage of the weekend.

Plot Twist:
Dillian Whyte tested positive for banned substances 3 days before the Oscar Rivas fight.

Dillian Whyte Tests Positive For Banned Substance

AllBountifulBluebottlejellyfish-max-1mb.gif

Plot Twist:
Dillian Whyte tested positive for banned substances 3 days before the Oscar Rivas fight.

Dillian Whyte Tests Positive For Banned Substance

AllBountifulBluebottlejellyfish-max-1mb.gif
I'm not saying he didn't do it, because I honestly do think he did but with so much crap in food these days, it seems the Canelo excuse may actually hold weight. Whenever I go to the Philippines and get any piece of chicken, I am shocked at the size of it. I'm thinking to myself, no wonder these mofo's are all so short. But then I look at the size of chicken here and some are bigger than dogs. Even saw a spider chicken that allegedly was being prepared at a KFC plant. Think about that 8 piece next time you order from KFC.............it came from one chicken! I'm kind of ranting but the way steroids and all seems to be in all the foods and meats we eat, I would not be shocked if he really is telling the truth and had no idea how it got in his system.

I'm not saying he didn't do it, because I honestly do think he did but with so much crap in food these days, it seems the Canelo excuse may actually hold weight. Whenever I go to the Philippines and get any piece of chicken, I am shocked at the size of it. I'm thinking to myself, no wonder these mofo's are all so short. But then I look at the size of chicken here and some are bigger than dogs. Even saw a spider chicken that allegedly was being prepared at a KFC plant. Think about that 8 piece next time you order from KFC.............it came from one chicken! I'm kind of ranting but the way steroids and all seems to be in all the foods and meats we eat, I would not be shocked if he really is telling the truth and had no idea how it got in his system.
You say this like these people don't have personal chefs or like they all live on the streets in third world countries. :lmao:

Tainted meat and tainted supplements are things these guys fall back on because they cycle well enough that little is caught in their systems and its hard to prove otherwise unless you actually saw them inject it. But if you have any sense you know the truth. The majority of these guys are on something and they higher up the card they are, the more money they have to pull it off. When they get caught, it isn't because of some false positive. It is because they messed up in their cycling. This is no differences then baseball, and yet some still try to buy and sell these lame ass excuses.

Hearn has now responded by insisting Whyte was cleared to fight by the BBBofC, UKAD and VADA, who administer the WBC’s Clean Boxing Program, though he did not confirm whether his fighter had failed a test or not.

“Further to reports I can confirm that both Dillian Whyte and Oscar Rivas were subject to extensive VADA and UKAD testing for their bout,” Hearn announced.

“Both fighters were cleared to fight by both bodies and the BBBofC.”

I didn't say he was. His change in style is what keeps him in fights against thurman, broner, mathysse, etc.

Obviously, he isn't in his prime anymore. Thus, his more calculated approach gives him a chance against the upper echelon of his weight class. He'd die in the ring by now if he still fought the same way he did when he was 28-30 years old. But here he is doing his B-Hop thing

Apparently Tyson Fury could be gifting Charles Martin in September.

This most recent Tank Davis "fight" was another joke. At this point he's going to be 40-0 before they stick him in there with anybody serious. Combined with the fact that Mayweather seemingly won't even entertain Lomachenko for the foreseeable future (not to mention Arum being involved to needlessly complicate matters), the odds of seeing that match while we all still care dwindles by the day...

Last edited:
Ffs I really like Whyte and have been impressed with his improvement the last few years. I've been supporting him to get a shot at a title.

But now this? Ugh

Apparently Tyson Fury could be gifting Charles Martin in September.

This most recent Tank Davis "fight" was another joke. At this point he's going to be 40-0 before they stick him in there with anybody serious. Combined with the fact that Mayweather seemingly won't even entertain Lomachenko for the foreseeable future (not to mention Arum being involved to needlessly complicate matters), the odds of seeing that match while we all still care dwindles by the day...
Yeah he needs to fight a name people are gonna get sick of this soon. Farmer's a good fight but its nothing to blow your hair back. I think Floyd will advise him to stay the hell away from Loma lol.

Can he give Fury a good fight?
God no, Charles Martin is and I don't say this lightly, quite possibly the worst Heavyweight champion in history. The only reason he was ever a champion is because it was a vacant belt.

Can he give Fury a good fight?
I don't think so. He got KO'ed by AJ in the 2nd round and it looked to me like he wanted out of there and walked into the shot.
He's better than Schwarz though... :D

God no, Charles Martin is and I don't say this lightly, quite possibly the worst Heavyweight champion in history. The only reason he was ever a champion is because it was a vacant belt.
Haha. Hopefully Fury can KO him then if he's that bad.
I don't think so. He got KO'ed by AJ in the 2nd round and it looked to me like he wanted out of there and walked into the shot.
He's better than Schwarz though... :D
Yeah, he looked terrible there. :D:

Has to be really for a second test fail.

Sounds like the Kownacki vs Arreola fight was one hell of a scrap.

The two fighters combined to break CompuBox records for most combined punches thrown (2,172) and punches landed (667) in a heavyweight fight

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"