The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

I'm still trying to figure out how you have two British Heavyweight champions but Eddie Hearn (from England!) keeps flirting with the idea of this taking place in Saudi Arabia? Huh??
Money-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-2.gif

In Saudi Arabia they probably pay 2 or 3x the amount he could get in the UK.

It should be a huge Battle of Britain fight here. It would be massive, but there’s probably more money to be made by going to Saudi Arabia.

Money-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-2.gif

In Saudi Arabia they probably pay 2 or 3x the amount he could get in the UK.

Well, I didn't want to state the obvious lol. I'm just saying from a fan's perspective, to deprive them of that experience, is shameful. I do realize the business of boxing will always take precedence though, no matter how disgraceful it is...

Would be a massive fight in the UK, but they have money to burn in Saudi Arabia & whatever the gate would be at Wembley for example they'd probably instantly pay them double that to the fighters/promotor to get it to take place there.

Just saw Fury and Joshua have agreed terms on a 2 fight deal flash up on my mobile Sky Sports feed.

Just saw Fury and Joshua have agreed terms on a 2 fight deal flash up on my mobile Sky Sports feed.
They both apparently have a fight before this. One of them is totally going to lose somehow. :funny:

I mean neither should lose really. But knowing our luck, one is going to trip over a stool or punch way after the bell. :hehe:
Haha yeah.

In seriousness I really hope these fights live up to the hype. It’s time for Joshua to prove he is up to it.

I'm calling the upset: Wilder will KO Fury in the rematch. Book it!

I'm calling the upset: Wilder will KO Fury in the rematch. Book it!

And The Eternals will struggle to make $500M, no wait...$700M....no wait...I got caught...$500M and LBJ isn't top 10. I don't even think I know you anymore.....wait.....did I ever know you? I forgot.

You could actually be right about this one though. It all depends on Fury and I've seen way too many fighters get lazy and overconfident. At some point, the torture just isn't worth it anymore.

And The Eternals will struggle to make $500M, no wait...$700M....no wait...I got caught...$500M and LBJ isn't top 10. I don't even think I know you anymore.....wait.....did I ever know you? I forgot.

You could actually be right about this one though. It all depends on Fury and I've seen way too many fighters get lazy and overconfident. At some point, the torture just isn't worth it anymore.
tenor.gif

The thing is, boxing isn't the same without a crowd. Sports really isn't....maybe they'll do laugh tracks. My boy Lomo is taking a break and we'll see how he is when he comes back. He's a guy who's going to stay in shape and suspect he'll come out of this better than most.

He is going to have to create separation. How do you think he will do that this time?

Or Fury gets fat and lazy. I could see that.....

Anyway, Wilder has these things called feet and they are used to move you around. Too bad Wilder doesn't know how to use them. This guy should be so good, it's ridiculous. With his height, reach, and power....maybe they can teach him how to move and use a jab effectively, but he's got some work in front of him. Honestly, I think Wilder has the tools to beat him and he doesn't have to be as good technically as Fury.

EDIT: Doc says a lot of stuff. It's hard to tell when he's serious sometimes, but it's always an entertaining ride. Personally, I rather like him.

Or Fury gets fat and lazy. I could see that.....

Anyway, Wilder has these things called feet and they are used to move you around. Too bad Wilder doesn't know how to use them. This guy should be so good, it's ridiculous. With his height, reach, and power....maybe they can teach him how to move and use a jab effectively, but he's got some work in front of him. Honestly, I think Wilder has the tools to beat him and he doesn't have to be as good technically as Fury.

EDIT: Doc says a lot of stuff. It's hard to tell when he's serious sometimes, but it's always an entertaining ride. Personally, I rather like him.
Nope, I'm dead ass this time. I see Wilder knocking Fury out. I just think that's how life rolls. Fury is clearly the better boxer but I think him and AJ setting that fight up and he hasn't faced Wilder again has upset written all over it. It's not like Wilder hasn't done it before. Plus I really think there really was something wrong with Fury's glove and gave him that extra punching power. Fury has never been known to have hands of steel but you knock Wilder out on his feet which hasn't really been done. I don't know..............I just see Wilder getting lucky and catching him..................and I'm going out on a limb and say it's going to be early.

Nope, I'm dead ass this time. I see Wilder knocking Fury out. I just think that's how life rolls. Fury is clearly the better boxer but I think him and AJ setting that fight up and he hasn't faced Wilder again has upset written all over it. It's not like Wilder hasn't done it before. Plus I really think there really was something wrong with Fury's glove and gave him that extra punching power. Fury has never been known to have hands of steel but you knock Wilder out on his feet which hasn't really been done. I don't know..............I just see Wilder getting lucky and catching him..................and I'm going out on a limb and say it's going to be early.

I think the most likely scenario for Wilder to win is they teach him just a little bit how to box (inc footwork) and Fury comes in out of shape. People say Wilder is too old to learn. You can learn a fair amount fairly quickly. It's the fine tuning that takes time.

I think the most likely scenario for Wilder to win is they teach him just a little bit how to box (inc footwork) and Fury comes in out of shape. People say Wilder is too old to learn. You can learn a fair amount fairly quickly. It's the fine tuning that takes time.
I like Wilder but he is arrogant AF. I see why he got humbled by Fury. I think it would take A LOT for him to admit he needs help.

I like Wilder but he is arrogant AF. I see why he got humbled by Fury. I think it would take A LOT for him to admit he needs help.

Well, he got the S*** kicked out of him. That can sometimes wake you up to the fact that something ain't right. LOL. If he could move to the side, go hard to the body and learn to create a little space for an uppercut, he would be served well.

When I look at him and Lomo fight, it's hard for me to believe it's the same sport. The only thing those matches have in common is that everyone is trying to hit the other guy. If Wilder could throw that liver shot that finished Linares, he'd be a beast. He's gotten by with one "skill" and got exposed.

I'll never understand you.....and you think this guy is going to take out Fury because he'll get lucky...:wall:

The bookies have Fury as quite a strong favourite:

Tyson Fury - 4/7
Anthony Joshua - 7/4

Well, he got the S*** kicked out of him. That can sometimes wake you up to the fact that something ain't right. LOL. If he could move to the side, go hard to the body and learn to create a little space for an uppercut, he would be served well.

When I look at him and Lomo fight, it's hard for me to believe it's the same sport. The only thing those matches have in common is that everyone is trying to hit the other guy. If Wilder could throw that liver shot that finished Linares, he'd be a beast. He's gotten by with one "skill" and got exposed.

I'll never understand you.....and you think this guy is going to take out Fury because he'll get lucky...:wall:
Yep! Wilder by KO. I just see how life rolls. I think Fury will school him but Wilder will get lucky early and take him out.

Tyson Fury - 4/7
Anthony Joshua - 7/4
I give AJ no shot at beating Fury. He's so stiff! Fury will dance circles around him. I think Wilder beats AJ because he's tailor made for Wilder, no head movement.

Tyson Fury - 4/7
Anthony Joshua - 7/4

I agree. I said earlier (y'all can check) that I thought Fury could put together the best fight of any heavy out there and take Wilder, but I didn't see him dominating Wilder in the way he did. I saw him more outboxing him, but if you take away space from someone like Wilder and tire him out....

That's why Wilder needs to learn to move his feet.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"