The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

So much for AJ having a big weight advantage over Usyk since apparently he’s actually coming in considerably smaller and more prepared for a longer drawn out fight. Prepared to deal with Usyk’s agility and speed.

Usyk on the other hand seems to be going on the opposite direction and is putting on weight and strenght to cope with AJ’s bigger size and strenght.

When it’s all said and done I wouldn’t be surprised if the difference between both fighters was around 5kg which isn’t that huge.

So much for AJ having a big weight advantage over Usyk since apparently he’s actually coming in considerably smaller and more prepared for a longer drawn out fight. Prepared to deal with Usyk’s agility and speed.

Usyk on the other hand seems to be going on the opposite direction and is putting on weight and strenght to cope with AJ’s bigger size and strenght.

When it’s all said and done I wouldn’t be surprised if the difference between both fighters was around 5kg which isn’t that huge.

In general, at least for heavyweights, it's better to slim down than bulk up. In this case, I'd probably say advantage AJ.

I'm embarrassed that i watched that triller card there is a reason all the major sactioning bodies refused to give Holyfield a license. Disgraceful

I hope I never see thst great champion humiliated like that. Spare me the "but he signed for it" BS. Sometime u have to protect people from themselves.

I'm embarrassed that i watched that triller card there is a reason all the major sactioning bodies refused to give Holyfield a license. Disgraceful

I hope I never see thst great champion humiliated like that. Spare me the "but he signed for it" BS. Sometime u have to protect people from themselves.

Only just heard about & saw this, the last I'd heard Oscar was fighting Vitor & then I read Holyfield stepped in on less than 2 weeks notice after Oscar pulled out. Whoever gave the final clearance & sanctioned Holyfield to fight on short notice should be sent into a boxing ring with Wilder & beaten within an inch of their life for being so stupid.

Boxing is getting pathetic. People are saying boxing needs this but I'm rapidly losing interest in what was a great sport. Zero interest in youtube celebrities getting shots they don't deserve, near 60 year old ex-champions risking themselves and Trump commentating.

Boxing is getting pathetic. People are saying boxing needs this but I'm rapidly losing interest in what was a great sport. Zero interest in youtube celebrities getting shots they don't deserve, near 60 year old ex-champions risking themselves and Trump commentating.

1000x this

It's a complete circus at the minute with those Logan brothers at the centre of most of it.

When I see ESPN bring them on I turn off channel while I can't remember the last Terrence Crawford was on ESPN.

I forgot all about this thread!! And I follow it but get no notifications!! :argh:

No comment on the Valdez/WBC/PED controversy?

When I see ESPN bring them on I turn off channel while I can't remember the last Terrence Crawford was on ESPN.

It is bothering me that reputable sporting outlets are actually giving the pair of them air time & are broadcasting their cretinous thoughts.

I used to visit a few websites pretty much daily for MMA/Boxing news & I've legitimately stopped visiting them because every other day it's something about one of the Paul brothers.

Since when have any of these media outlets ever cared about any exhibition bouts or about fighters with single digit records/fights? It's madness.

I forgot all about this thread!! And I follow it but get no notifications!! :argh:

No comment on the Valdez/WBC/PED controversy?

Its one thing to cheat in team sports numbers are just numbers but when u cheat in bo ing thats playing with another man's life I have 0 tolerance for scumbags like that. Take away license and bye.

Last edited:
It is bothering me that reputable sporting outlets are actually giving the pair of them air time & are broadcasting their cretinous thoughts.

I used to visit a few websites pretty much daily for MMA/Boxing news & I've legitimately stopped visiting them because every other day it's something about one of the Paul brothers.

Since when have any of these media outlets ever cared about any exhibition bouts or about fighters with single digit records/fights? It's madness.

Its embarrassing its whT that is and in the same breath ask what wrong with the sport hypocrisy at its finest

I'm glad I grew up in a golden age of boxing 80s and 90s from the Hagler, Leonard, Hearn, Duran and Benitez era people forget about my boy Wilfredo then to the 90s with DLH, Trinidad and RJJ era. From the entertainment those champions gVe me I searched out boxers from older eras. These clowns today boasting about 20- 0 fighting bartenders

So I’ve heard the first projections regarding the weight difference between AJ and Usyk. They seem to be coming in at:

AJ - 17 stone = 108 kg
Usyk - 16.5 stone = 104 kg

If this does indeed line up, it’s another sign that the weight difference probably won’t make that much of a difference.

It’s hard to dislike Usyk. He’s such a down to earth, laidback and funny guy. :yay:

I'm glad I grew up in a golden age of boxing 80s and 90s from the Hagler, Leonard, Hearn, Duran and Benitez era people forget about my boy Wilfredo then to the 90s with DLH, Trinidad and RJJ era. From the entertainment those champions gVe me I searched out boxers from older eras. These clowns today boasting about 20- 0 fighting bartenders

There are still good fights to be had, but your point is well taken. I grew up in a boxing family (my father boxed professionally for a time and was managed by Jackie McCoy). There have always been shady characters and politics. Knowing Jackie, I got the inside story on just how bad some of this stuff was. What I see now is a severely splintered sport where sleaze bags lining their pockets is the main concern. I think the only way to really fix boxing is to have a single, unifying organization that oversees and polices the sport. Good luck with that.

There are still good fights to be had, but your point is well taken. I grew up in a boxing family (my father boxed professionally for a time and was managed by Jackie McCoy). There have always been shady characters and politics. Knowing Jackie, I got the inside story on just how bad some of this stuff was. What I see now is a severely splintered sport where sleaze bags lining their pockets is the main concern. I think the only way to really fix boxing is to have a single, unifying organization that oversees and polices the sport. Good luck with that.
Teddy Atlas been bringing this up for years how fighters need a union and 1 single sanctioning body I thought when guys like DLH and Mayweather being promoters would change things but they just followed the script I always thought once Arum and King were gone then boxing can right itself but I lost all hope

Reactions: B
The fact that a big fight can generate the $$ it does still shows the sports longevity. I'm hyped as he'll for Fury vs Wilder 3. Even though I think fury will walk down Wilder quicker than the rematch. But HW boxing only 1 punch can end things

Teddy Atlas been bringing this up for years how fighters need a union and 1 single sanctioning body I thought when guys like DLH and Mayweather being promoters would change things but they just followed the script I always thought once Arum and King were gone then boxing can right itself but I lost all hope
It’s a short sighted perspective and all about short term money. The odd thing is that boxing, if run properly, could be good for so many more people. Like so many sports, it’s about the people at the top getting way way more wealthy. It should be about the mass majority staying somewhat healthy.

The fact that a big fight can generate the $$ it does still shows the sports longevity. I'm hyped as he'll for Fury vs Wilder 3. Even though I think fury will walk down Wilder quicker than the rematch. But HW boxing only 1 punch can end things
I got Wilder by KO but we will see who is right. Anyway....................

AJ/Usyk is this weekend and it seems no one cares.

It's getting good coverage here in the UK, everytime I turn on the TV these last few days it's being talked about.

It's getting good coverage here in the UK, everytime I turn on the TV these last few days it's being talked about.
Wow. Really?! I don't see anything here in the USA at all. But I have always liked Usyk. Kind of pulling for him.

At least for my camp were tired of seeing AJ fight these type of guys whether is his fault or others the only fight we want AJ in is Fury. His last fight was dreadful too

Fury has prime real estate in Wilders head. Wilder getting cashed out here hes getting wrecked

Official:
AJ weighs in at 240lbs (109kg)
Usyk weighs in at 221.2lbs (100kg)
Bigger difference than I anticipated and it seems as though both will focus on their own atributes instead of molding too much to their opponent.

AJ had the exact same weight versus Pulev. While Usyk weighs slightly more.

So none of that speculated big weight changes. AJ keeps the size and power while Usyk maintains his speed and stamina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"