The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

I think both Brook and Khan are two of the more underrated boxers of their generation. I just rewatched Crawford-Brook this morning to kill time, and until he walked into that jab, he was giving Terence fits, just like he did against GGG and Spence.

Khan, at his peak, had some of the quickest hands this side of Roy Jones. And I respect the fact that, in a lot of those KOs, he was engaging knowing full well it wouldn't work in his favor if/when he got caught.
All true. Just wish they had fought each other at their peak. Even at this stage it was exciting but would have been on another level back then when everyone was gunning for it. Top fighters not fighting each other at the right time is one of the main things that holds boxing back IMO. In most of the other sports I watch the best have to play the best regularly and it's a shame that boxers can go a whole career avoiding others of their standard who might give them a real challenge.

Bad night so far for my fellow country men in MSG on the eve of Puerto rican day parade.

Sad panda I am

Usyk vs Joshua soon.

Joshua loses in split decision after a much better performance than last time. Usyk deserves a shot at Fury (unless he’s not fighting anymore) or Wilder now.

So, Joshua... he's done right? He did as best as he could in the fight, but the post-fight. That's a broken man imo.
I fell asleep right after the fight and didn’t see that stuff till just now. Quite bizarre. Yeah, he’s definitely been affected heavily/emotionally by this. I guess he had a vision of what his legacy would be and the reality isn’t fitting that.

'I'd annihilate both' - Tyson Fury reacts to heavyweight rematch (BBC Sport)

Probably true but do it then - shut up about retirement if you want to say things like that. Retire after you've beaten them.

I'd love it if Usyk could do something against him though (despite huge size difference).

Fury like clockwork giving it the big one but honestly take all the over the top stuff away and he'll be a much harder challenge for Uscyk than Joshua.

Joshua put on a weird performance last night, just as you thought he was going to take hold of the later rounds he petered out awfully.

Take nothing away from Uscyk as him and Fury will be some fight, but Joshua has to go down as one of the most frustrating performers of the modern era. Has everything you need but mentally he cant go with the best of them, evident by that meltdown afterwards.

I thought the fight before with Zhang was a show stealer.

Anthony was embarrassing after that fight, considering how well he took his prior losses, I was a little surprised by it.

After a few watches I do think it was pretty close, but the decision was fair and he has nobody to blame but himself, too many times he just wasn't busy enough.

Anthony was embarrassing after that fight, considering how well he took his loss to Ruiz, I was a little surprised by it.

After a few watches I do think it was pretty close, but the decision was fair and he has nobody to blame but himself, too many times he just wasn't busy enough.
I think a lot of boxers don’t have the urgency to win matches on points, allowing for close rounds to be awarded to their opponent by judges. If you’re not going to KO someone you need to make sure you win at least 2 or 3 rounds more than your opponent. It’s 12 mini-fights and whoever wins the most of those wins, even if their round wins are by a whisker and their opponent’s round wins are like Rocky letting loose. The overall narrative of the fight and who was hurt more doesn’t matter.

Exactly. And for Joshua in particular, I expected him to be a lot more aggressive.

Exactly. And for Joshua in particular, I expected him to be a lot more aggressive.
Yeah, when you’re in a rematch having lost first time around, you can’t leave anything on the table. The point of the rematch is to show that you can actually beat that opponent whereas losing again only solidifies the weakness against that opponent and stands out even more on your record.

'I'd annihilate both' - Tyson Fury reacts to heavyweight rematch (BBC Sport)

Probably true but do it then - shut up about retirement if you want to say things like that. Retire after you've beaten them.

I'd love it if Usyk could do something against him though (despite huge size difference).

260 lbs is 260lbs Fury will walk him down and end it with a body shot Usyk is skilled but Fury is a different animal that Jab and lunging right hand to the body is devastating and especially for a smallish HW

I see that fight as a massacre

I'll take Fury in that Joshua post fight presser after that loss he's lost mentally
he is being cashed out IMO

I think Canelo stops GGG tonight.

Spence and Crawford are finally ready too it seems. My most anticipated fight since Canelo - GGG 1, can't wait!

I think Canelo stops GGG tonight.

Spence and Crawford are finally ready too it seems. My most anticipated fight since Canelo - GGG 1, can't wait!

I thought the same he had a dead man in front of him and Canelo was content of outboxing him
I thought he had the KO in the 2nd fight same thing can't take away from the boxing display but he needed to finish him

he needs to stay away from light HW he has no business going up there again

Hopefully the Crawford vs Spence fight actually happens this year

He came out aggressively and I figured he was going to keep that pace up until he got him out of there but credit to GGG, if nothing else he still has a granite chin. That overhand right in the 5th would've slept a lot of guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"