Superman Returns The Official Brandon Routh IS Superman thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sverdlovski said:
Batman has Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gay Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Ken Wantanabe, David Goyer and Christhopher Nolan...

Superman has Bryan Singer, Dan Harris and.... Brandon Routh? :(

So what? How can you judge Routh? How do you know Singer won't cast established actors in other roles?

Oh, and Begins also has Rachel Holmes, if you want to play that game.

Lone said:
Isn't his friend the guy from The West Wing?

I seriously hope this is true...enough with all the casting threads...if Singer picked this guy then like many of you have said, there must be something that Singer saw.

In Singer I Trust.

That's what I say.

IT is Batgirl said:
So what? How can you judge Routh? How do you know Singer won't cast established actors in other roles?

Hey, that's cheap shot. :(

Holmes is a good actress, IMO.

murp27 said:
Hey, if Singer cast this guy I'm all for it. I'm definitely willing to give him a chance. Let's get the cameras rolling :)

exactly. singer knows what hes doing. if this is true, then thats cool. singer would not have cast him of he came in there and left a pile of crap. seems like a good choice to me.

IT is Batgirl said:
This is a problem :confused:? By the way, it's Katie Holmes. Rachel is the name of her character.

As for Routh, I haven't seen any of his performances. So it wouldn't be fair for me to pass any judgement yet.

sage1047 said:
I've gotta tell you, if this is true, it'll be uncanny. Routh just celebrated his birthday on October 9th, sadly the same day as Reeve's passing. He was born in Iowa, same state George Reeves was born in. To add to that, he's 25, around the same age as Reeve was.

well, that's one hell of an omen...

sage1047 said:
I've gotta tell you, if this is true, it'll be uncanny. Routh just celebrated his birthday on October 9th, sadly the same day as Reeve's passing. He was born in Iowa, same state George Reeves was born in. To add to that, he's 25, around the same age as Reeve was.
I believe Chris died on the 10th. Isn't that correct? I'd like to be correct.

sage1047 said:
Hey, that's cheap shot. :(

Holmes is a good actress, IMO.

I know it was a cheap shot. I have no opinion on Katie Holmes. It's just that some would say that her name doesn't quite fit with the rest of the names in the movie.

IT is Batgirl said:

Am I judging him? No.

And it's Katie Holmes...:o

If it is true and Routh is Superman, so be it.
I trust Singer's vision of this film.

The Ceb-Man!

He doesn't have the build, and he looks too Jewish :p

casey said:
I believe Chris died on the 10th. Isn't that correct? I'd like to be correct.

You're right casey, my apologies.

The day before Reeve's passing. Still, uncanny...

Baadshah2 said:
He doesn't have the build, and he looks too Jewish :p

Doesn't have the build? Have you seen Reeve when he was tested? Or Bale when he tested?

Weren't Siegel and Shuster Jewish?

:p
he has thick eyebrows, that's all. And Bale had the body when he tested. But, Brandon doesn't have the chest that Welling has. And, sorry to say RIP, you can't compare the current Supes cast to Reeve today now

IT is Batgirl said:
Halloween 2003:
02_Clark%20Kent_Halloween_03.jpg

This was my exact costume Halloween 2003.

Also, the guy is 6'2". If he is cast, that will take care of the height issue so many people are worrying about.

I will have too say I see some Reeve in him in that Halloween picture. I won't be upset if this is true. I trust Singer! :supes: :up:

there are 2 guys that i would be absolutely THRILLED if they were cast as supes....

1.) Tom Welling
2.) Brandon Routh (assuming he can act, which would seem to be true if he was cast)

Baadshah2 said:
he has thick eyebrows, that's all. And Bale had the body when he tested. But, Brandon doesn't have the chest that Welling has. And, sorry to say RIP, you can't compare the current Supes cast to Reeve today now

Like I said, tweeze his eyebrows, change his hair to make him look appropriate for the role.

And please stop talking about how skinny people are. There are places and people called gyms and personal trainers, respectively.

Baadshah2 said:

Bale was skinny,fresh from his Machinist look when he tested.and Brandon can work out for the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"