Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
People used to do this back in he 90s. That's really why the term "box office draw" exists. One of the reasons Titanic was the hit that it was because girls loved seeing Leo.

Nowadays though I would actually say people want more from their movies as having a certain star in your film doesn't guarantee success anymore.

While Leo was certainly a draw, the success of Titanic went way beyond it being him on screen.

I don't think just putting a star in the movies has been any guarantee for success for a very, very long time. Back in the day when very few movies were being released (compared to today) that was probably the case. I imagine having Clark Gable, John Wayne, Shirley Temple, or Humphrey Bogart in a movie meant a lot more then than it would now. There's just so much more variety now that the situations aren't really comparable anymore.

I dont think I ever went to see a movie for judst one thing even as a kid. Like when Batman (89) came out I just wanted to see that movie it wasnt just for a specific thing in it. Its just weird to think people go see a film for only one thing and ignore all the other great stuff in em, thats all Im saying.

Girls do go for certain things, thats something I forgot about. oh well.

Boys go for certain things....kaboom..... :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"