Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why she wouldn't be.

lx7p4X2KKUE.jpg

Does anyone have a larger version of this image?

Oh thats fantastic. So much drama in one simple picture.

All I'll say is be very wary of trying to use past dates to guess when we're getting Civil War stuff. So far the marketing for Civil War has defied most of the dates used for past films.
If you're using past dates to try and lock it down to a specific exact day, sure, it's defied most of those dates.

However, when not narrowing the field quite that much (to an exact day), it's been pretty consistent so far with past averages and hasn't really done anything out of the ordinary (i.e. when filming started was within the past average of 12-13 months before release date, first trailer still dropped within the past average of 5 1/2 to 6 months before release date). 2nd trailers have averaged roughly 2 1/2 to 3 months after first trailer drop. So if we get trailer 2 in roughly the next week or so, it would end up falling within the average.

Outside the average would be them waiting to release the trailer all the way until BvS actually hits theaters.

Maybe during the Agent Carter finale, we'll get some kind of announcement about a new trailer to première with Agents of Shield.

I wish it would play on Oscar night or Agent Carter night

I wish it would play on Oscar night or Agent Carter night

Considering a lot of people will be boycotting the Oscars this year (like last year), it'd be a waste to debut it there.

I could see them debuting it during or after Agents of SHIELD if only to boost that shows ratings.

With that said yall need to stop trying to predict when the trailer will debut. People are rarely right with their guesses and then they end up disappointed and upset when they don't get anything.

The trailers will come when they come.

Why would they even debut it on oscar night lol

Isn't that a different crowd?

Thor is fine. He might not have had a Iron Man 1 or a TWS as far as solo films go but Thor has 77% or RT and 76% on audiences. That's more than fine. I believe Marvel is gonna knock Ragnarok out of the park. Humor conceerns aside everything else sounds really cool: Blanchett as Hela, no Earth and Earth characters, distant planets and fricking Hulk. I have faith in this film
<<<<<MOD OF THUNDER HERE lol
You don't have to argue that with me lol I'm just saying in SOME areas he don't do as well as others. I'm sure Cap does way better in places with Military bases which is what we have had south of here for YEARS

Why would they even debut it on oscar night lol

Isn't that a different crowd?

Yes and No...

Movie fans obviously watch the Oscars, but there are a lot of people who just watch for the pomp and circumstance of it all.

It has to be kept in mind that these days EVERYBODY watches comic book movies. That's why they're able to pull in so much money.

<<<<<MOD OF THUNDER HERE lol
You don't have to argue that with me lol I'm just saying in SOME areas he don't do as well as others. I'm sure Cap does way better in places with Military bases which is what we have had south of here for YEARS

I mean, that could be said about all MCU films. The only MCU films that have been universally praised are Iron Man, Captain America TWS, GOTG, and The Avengers.

Every other MCU has had a lot of people who love it but decent group of folks who don't like it for various reason.

I would add Ant-man to that list. As far as reviews go it has the best from every other except those 4 and most people put it in their top 5 MCU films.

I would add Ant-man to that list. As far as reviews go it has the best from every other except those 4 and most people put it in their top 5 MCU films.

I really enjoyed Ant-Man but I think genuinely think the reason it got such high critical reviews was because expectations for it were so low. People though it was a silly film to even try to make once it was announced and people really began to write it off as soon as Edgar Wright left.

It was well received but I saw a lot of people who were displeased with the film for various reasons (racist caricatures, Janet being marginalized, bland villain).

With that said yall need to stop trying to predict when the trailer will debut. People are rarely right with their guesses and then they end up disappointed and upset when they don't get anything.

The trailers will come when they come.

For real. I don't think I've ever seen an MCU movie where everyone was wrong on just about every projected trailer date.

Considering a lot of people will be boycotting the Oscars this year (like last year), it'd be a waste to debut it there.

I could see them debuting it during or after Agents of SHIELD if only to boost that shows ratings.

The ratings for The Oscars will still be several fold those of AOS. But they might not to drop it a night where it wouldn't be the big attention getter. Unlike the Superbowl there aren't a lot of people who watch the Oscars for commercials and there won't be reporting on them.

I really enjoyed Ant-Man but I think genuinely think the reason it got such high critical reviews was because expectations for it were so low. People though it was a silly film to even try to make once it was announced and people really began to write it off as soon as Edgar Wright left.

It was well received but I saw a lot of people who were displeased with the film for various reasons (racist caricatures, Janet being marginalized, bland villain).

I can understand some of that but racist carricatures and Janet marginalized? Those are just dumb especially since the sequel will definitely explore Janet in the Quantum Realm and Luis was written this way despite his race. I haven't seen many art fans with wine taste and such a positive attitude. Not a stereotype in my book. Anyway, i digress. I mentioned it because i have seen a lot of lists with it in the top 5 MCU movies and although it hasn't gotten the same acclaim as the other 4, 80% or RT and 88% or somewhere there on audience is pretty impressive.

The ratings for The Oscars will still be several fold those of AOS. But they might not to drop it a night where it wouldn't be the big attention getter. Unlike the Superbowl there aren't a lot of people who watch the Oscars for commercials and there won't be reporting on them.

I don't ever remember there being a high profile trailer that was dropped at the Oscars. There may be examples I just can't think of any.

I never said Agents of SHIELD got better ratings than The Oscars, just the the Oscar ratings aren't what they used to be. If they dropped the trailer with AOS it'd be solely to boost that shows ratings.

Let's be real, in an actual fight Iron-Man destroys Captain America 11/10 times. Fly around and shoot at him until he dies. What's he going to do? Throw his shield at him?

Marvel has gone to great lengths to safeguard Civil War's secrets as it seems the film will be unlike anything we have seen in the MCU in terms of ramifications and shocks. That's why this marketing campaign is completely different than any other before it. They want maximum bang for our buck. Of course some thing will be spoiled in tv spots or second trailers but i believe is really trying to keep as much under wraps as possible.

Which is pretty awesome.

Was TWS Hydra twist known here before the film was released? I was super excited for the film but I didn't know much of it before I watched it.

Does anyone know if Friday is back?

Yeah and hopefully they get a more charismatic voice actor for her

Let's be real, in an actual fight Iron-Man destroys Captain America 11/10 times. Fly around and shoot at him until he dies. What's he going to do? Throw his shield at him?

I'd say it's maybe 9 out of 10 times
1 of those 10, Tony gets cocky, Cap out-strategizes him, some well-placed shield strikes open up vulnerabilities in the armor, and Cap takes him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"