Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that no hero dies in Civil War, i love them all. :(

@TalismanRing Age of Ultron DID have a Super Bowl spot last year they just released it online before the Super Bowl.

Wylie Times:

Crap, I wrote a massive multi paragraph response and then it dumped it when I hit send because the thread closed while typing. Grrr.

Anyway, basically, I get what you're saying but regardless I still think there's a big difference. While everybody "knew" it was still speculation. Even the major trades didn't confirm there would be a Civil War spot. The point I was trying to make is that he said definitively that there would be spot because sources confirmed it to him.
Now, an opportunistic guess worth the risk to pad credibility of the likely thing coming to pass?(I think what you're suggesting). Who knows?
However, ScreenCrush also was an early reporter (if not first) of the ET cover and RDJ and CE appearance on JK.
Those things all together give me a reason to believe and so if he's being told about a SB spot it also stands to reason they're telling him about the Spidey issue but I understand being skeptical.

Sidenote: are you from/in Wyle, TX?

Wylie Times:

Crap, I wrote a massive multi paragraph response and then it dumped it when I hit send because the thread closed while typing. Grrr.

Anyway, basically, I get what you're saying but regardless I still think there's a big difference. While everybody "knew" it was still speculation. Even the major trades didn't confirm there would be a Civil War spot. The point I was trying to make is that he said definitively that there would be spot because sources confirmed it to him.
Now, an opportunistic guess worth the risk to pad credibility of the likely thing coming to pass?(I think what you're suggesting). Who knows?
However, ScreenCrush also was an early reporter (if not first) of the ET cover and RDJ and CE appearance on JK.
Those things all together give me a reason to believe and so if he's being told about a SB spot it also stands to reason they're telling him about the Spidey issue but I understand being skeptical.

Sidenote: are you from/in Wyle, TX?

I still think with Spidey being cut from the Super Bowl spot at the last minute and with Tom Holland now part of the billing, via ESPN magazine, that we'll see our first and probably only glimpse of Spider-Man in the next Civil War trailer coming out next week or two.

I still think with Spidey being cut from the Super Bowl spot at the last minute and with Tom Holland now part of the billing, via ESPN magazine, that we'll see our first and probably only glimpse of Spider-Man in the next Civil War trailer coming out next week or two.
:up: :spidey:

Interesting that mentioning Sif, Widow, Gamora, and Pepper is overlooked in my post. Plus... The TV and Film parts of Marvel are two sides of the some coin. I find it a little on the pedantic side to point to a post Feige breaking from Perlmutter and getting more direct connection to Disney's Alan Horn and disregarding the projects that were in play BEFORE that. Long story short... I am aware of what you posted. And I find it a bit over the top to even halfway suggest that Marvel has a "problem" at least not one worse than anywhere else in Hollywood, in fact it probably is a bit better considering ALL the product they put out and what we will be GUARANTEED for the future like Carol's film but continuing to get females of diverse backgrounds in ensemble films (Mantis, we are of course getting the supporting cast of the BLACK PANTHER film) but continued presence of Marvel on network and Netflix which features women of diverse backgrounds also including homosexual characters. And they all will have the MARVEL brand name on them which the average consumer of such product will not be splitting hairs compared to those that are at all aware of the behind the scenes power struggles.

I actually mentioned Black Widow as a lead, but ignored the rest. Sif is more of an honorary Shield agent than a support character for Thor. Gamora is underdeveloped and was saved twice by the goofy male protagonist. Pepper is cool, but she fills the role of the superhero's girlfriend that needs to be rescued. The fact that so many women play support roles is more of a symptom of a larger problem. The lack of lead roles for females leaves them with support roles as a default. Marvel does have a problem and just because it's a situation that Hollywood created, and not Marvel, it doesn't mean that there is no problem. I would say 20 movies over ten years and no female superhero movies is a definite problem. Though, it is a problem that Marvel is trying to fix. Hopefully, Marvel won't stop after Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Maybe I am being a little hard on Marvel, but I expect more from them. It should have been Marvel and not DC breaking the ice and revealing a diverse superhero movie lineup. While Marvel may have had plans for a Captain Marvel movie, it makes their own lineup look reactionary. This is especially true after several websites called them out for it.

Oh, and movies and tv shows are vastly different. The movies appeal to a MUCH larger audience, and as such they can barely connect to the tv shows. Women and minorities shouldn't be treated as C-listers and relegated to support roles and the tv shows. They should be able to compete in the big leagues with the big boys. You see, most of the movie going audience isn't going to know about Joey's sexual orientation on Agents of Shield or Malcom's drug abuse problems on Jessica Jones.

While Marvel has done a good job with Agent Carter and Jessica Jones, we still haven't seen a female superhero movie. And, until then, Marvel hasn't proved they can make a successful female superhero movie.

Just saw these at my local cinema:

TBbrZbk.jpg

YkzohtY.jpg

VjAE5Y5.jpg

I actually mentioned Black Widow as a lead, but ignored the rest. Sif is more of an honorary Shield agent than a support character for Thor. Gamora is underdeveloped and was saved twice by the goofy male protagonist. Pepper is cool, but she fills the role of the superhero's girlfriend that needs to be rescued. The fact that so many women play support roles is more of a symptom of a larger problem. The lack of lead roles for females leaves them with support roles as a default. Marvel does have a problem and just because it's a situation that Hollywood created, and not Marvel, it doesn't mean that there is no problem. I would say 20 movies over ten years and no female superhero movies is a definite problem. Though, it is a problem that Marvel is trying to fix. Hopefully, Marvel won't stop after Black Panther and Captain Marvel. Maybe I am being a little hard on Marvel, but I expect more from them. It should have been Marvel and not DC breaking the ice and revealing a diverse superhero movie lineup. While Marvel may have had plans for a Captain Marvel movie, it makes their own lineup look reactionary. This is especially true after several websites called them out for it.

Oh, and movies and tv shows are vastly different. The movies appeal to a MUCH larger audience, and as such they can barely connect to the tv shows. Women and minorities shouldn't be treated as C-listers and relegated to support roles and the tv shows. They should be able to compete in the big leagues with the big boys. You see, most of the movie going audience isn't going to know about Joey's sexual orientation on Agents of Shield or Malcom's drug abuse problems on Jessica Jones.

While Marvel has done a good job with Agent Carter and Jessica Jones, we still haven't seen a female superhero movie. And, until then, Marvel hasn't proved they can make a successful female superhero movie.

Perhaps they don't wanna have Capt. Marvel be seen as another Catwoman or Elektra, which is why it's pushed back to International Women's Day 2019, because they want the script to be excellent, possibly the best female superhero film, if not the best Marvel movie ever, and so it will be a great film. I mean, better to make a great film, rather than be forced to give in to fans and release a bad film and have them criticize you for life. I mean, come on man, think about it.

Perhaps they don't wanna have Capt. Marvel be seen as another Catwoman or Elektra, which is why it's pushed back to International Women's Day 2019, because they want the script to be excellent, possibly the best female superhero film, if not the best Marvel movie ever, and so it will be a great film. I mean, better to make a great film, rather than be forced to give in to fans and release a bad film and have them criticize you for life. I mean, come on man, think about it.

I agree to a certain extent. I just don't want Marvel to nuke it or second guessing every decision they make. They should treat it the same way they would treat any other film. If they do that, it'll be just fine.

I agree to a certain extent. I just don't want Marvel to nuke it or second guessing every decision they make. They should treat it the same way they would treat any other film. If they do that, it'll be just fine.

Well, I assure you they will.

I am THIRSTY!

Need me a new Civil War trailer. This marketing campaign so far has been slightly different than with other Marvel Studios pictures, in terms of dates for trailers etc.

I was half expecting a trailer and poster drop this week. I'm guessing tuesday next week?

Anywho, I've started a YouTube channel reacting to new trailers and talking about the weeks movie and CBM news. I've been on the Hype forever so any support and subscribers would be HUGELY appreciated!

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I hope Marvel can find restraint and save Spidey's reveal for the actual movie. I mean, I know technically that will be impossible as something is going to leak beforehand showing what he looks like (most likely merchandise) but it would be kind of interesting to see if Marvel can keep the surprise for as long as possible.

If they can keep Luke Secret then they can keep Spidey secret.

Kguillou I agree with you. I am ok with not seeing Spidey til the film is released.

I don't know if you guys have talked about this or not, but I just remembered Goliath died in the CW comic so maybe War Machine is going to be our Goliath

I would hope they show him so these threads will stop being about "Where is Spidey"

They didn't, a picture of him was leaked.

Hm, shame. Impatience is a serious problem these days. But hey what are ya gonna do. Lets see what Marvel can make of this. Because so far not a single think has been leaked.

If they do not include Spidey in the next trailer or any other merch/promo material, we here in the states will have to tread carefully on social media if we want to wait for the reveal in the film.
CW opens overseas 8 days before it does in the US. People will snap a a photo of him during a showing and it'll go viral and pop up everywhere. So avoiding social media 8-9 days prior to release will be a must if we want to wait for the reveal in the film.

Looking forward to the MCU Spidey gifs on Twitter and in here. Theyre gonna be constantly posted for the next year Im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"