Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have loved it if Black Panther was masked in his poster. :(

We've seen a lot of Black Panther in the trailers. Frankly, I'm glad to just see T'Challa. Given that, I appreciate the way they did it (plus, Iron Man and Ant-Man are likewise sans helmet).

If your superhuman power is endurance and stamina, then Fandango's next superhero movie marathon might be up your alley. Fandango has teased that there will be a Marvel movie marathon tied to the release of "Captain America: Civil War." Judging by the thumbnail image on Fandango's site, the movie event will feature five films: 2011's "Captain America: The First Avenger," 2012's "Marvel's the Avengers," 2014's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," 2015's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and this year's "Captain America: Civil War." Specific information about the marathon -- like dates, times and locations -- have not yet been revealed.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/fandango-teases-5-film-captain-america-civil-war-marathon

06imech_sptnk_marathon_1-sh.jpg

http://www.fandango.com/captainamericamarathon_190984/movieoverview

Is it me or does tony backhand bucky in the face. I 'm not sure because of the angle but he could be hitting the gun though.

He's got major issues.

I don't care how multi-picture his deal is, I'd think Bucky might have to go the way of Ol' Yeller.

The movie ends with Steve taking Bucky for a walk ... fade to black with only the sound of a neck snapping in the distance. Part Old Yeller/Part MOS. :o

The movie ends with Steve taking Bucky for a walk ... fade to black with only the sound of a neck snapping in the distance. Part Old Yeller/Part MOS. :o

Or Cap presents a momentarily placid Buck with an adorable pet bunny. "Here Buck, let me hold your gun while you pet the rabbit. "

Bucky's fine. He's just having a rough day.

I would say the runtime is good news. Hopefully that will give the story enough time to breathe and give most of the subplots and characters the attention they deserve.

Just saying, you can't rush a film like this. There is just too much going on. Even The Avengers had to short-change some characters and that was over 2 hours and 20 minutes. This film is even longer than the first Avengers movie. That's important.

I think Marvel and Disney deserves some credit there since they usually like these at about 2 hours or less. But for this type of film, this is when you need to go big.

Man menstrual is a real condition Bucky will be the spokesperson for it when the films promotion kicks up. :o

I would say the runtime is good news. Hopefully that will give the story enough time to breathe and give most of the subplots and characters the attention they deserve.

Just saying, you can't rush a film like this. There is just too much going on. Even The Avengers had to short-change some characters and that was over 2 hours and 20 minutes. This film is even longer than the first Avengers movie. That's important.

I think Marvel and Disney deserves some credit there since they usually like these at about 2 hours or less. But for this type of film, this is when you need to go big.

One thing I loved about Captain America: The Winter Soldier is that there isn't a single scene in that film that was unnecessary, didn't help develop a character, or move the plot forward.

If you look at the Marvel films that aren't as well received by audiences they tend to have a lot of scenes that serve no real purpose to the overall plot or character development. They usually tend to be ham fisted "humor" scenes that feel like they exist to pad the runtime instead of adding anything to the film.

One thing I loved about Captain America: The Winter Soldier is that there isn't a single scene in that film that was unnecessary, didn't help develop a character, or move the plot forward.

If you look at the Marvel films that aren't as well received by audiences they tend to have a lot of scenes that serve no real purpose to the overall plot or character development. They usually tend to be ham fisted "humor" scenes that feel like they exist to pad the runtime instead of adding anything to the film.
Well hopefully having the same writers and directors will give this film a similar sense of pacing. No wasted scenes.

Thor: The Dark World could've used less of Kat Dennings and her boyfriend and more of Malekith.

It is likely, I wanna see Spidey make a MJ reference to Widow though.

But Zendaya doesn't have red hair. :sly:

As for the trailer, surely it's got to come out Thursday to help promote the tickets going on sale, otherwise how would most people know.

I agree, seems like tickets are going on sale on thursday so it would be logical for a trailer to come out on wednesday or thursday morning. The whole marketing campaign has been rather unorthodox so far though so I don't think any of us should get our hopes up yet till an actual trailer announcement or release though

winter soldier is my fave comics character of all time. I have to say that the movie version of him is even more interesting now they put him in such an unstable state.

in the comics, once he regain his memory, he doesn't slip back to his assassin hydra mode. Here in the mcu, he is so much more dangerous. it must be a dream for the actor, playing with the complexities of the character

Looking at you, THOR movies!

But Zendaya doesn't have red hair. :sly:

As for the trailer, surely it's got to come out Thursday to help promote the tickets going on sale, otherwise how would most people know.

They already released one trailer and they had a superbowl spot. The general public knows the film is coming, they just don't know the details that have been covered in various interviews and rumors like the people in this thread.

They already released one trailer and they had a superbowl spot. The general public knows the film is coming, they just don't know the details that have been covered in various interviews and rumors like the people in this thread.

I meant as in how would people know that tickets are going on sale thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"