Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o3u3i3H4gs1qd6639o2_540.gif
It look like there's somebody behind Cap, the Winter Soldier, I think.

Amazing trailer.

I literally screamed when Spider-Man showed up. He looks so perfect.

Downplaying it? Bucky is all over these Civil War trailers. His character looks to be the reason this disagreement with Cap and Iron Man turns into a full blown Civil War, and the directors and everyone involved have said as much. The marketing has not downplayed that at all, it's very much front and center from what I've seen.

He has the most shots in the first trailer and it was pretty much constructed around his character. In this trailer he's just not the main focal point which instead focuses on what the Russos called their "A" story line, the fight over the Accords of which Bucky is a part not the whole.

Regardless, even if they didn't do Civil War, the Bucky relationship would always have been the "B" story and not the "A" story in Cap 3.

So they made Spiderman a fascist too?

I can understand Tony, he always had it in him, but I can't see Peter being down with that program. Might as well join the Cabal and make it official.

The callback to the alleyway from TFA hit me hard. Made me realize just how much I have invested in Cap, and his original crew. Cap, Peggy, Bucky. They are basically my Marvel family. Don't you hurt him Nat!!! :argh:

No Zemo. They really are hiding him. Interesting.

I can understand Tony, he always had it in him, but I can't see Peter being down with that program. Might as well join the Cabal and make it official.
Impressionable youth.

Eh that trailer didn't blow he away, actually preferred the last one.

Downplaying it? Bucky is all over these Civil War trailers. His character looks to be the reason this disagreement with Cap and Iron Man turns into a full blown Civil War, and the directors and everyone involved have said as much. The marketing has not downplayed that at all, it's very much front and center from what I've seen.

+1

Winter Soldier is been a major, major focal point of the marketing. Don't get that criticism.

Same feeling. Such a sick trailer...and all the build-up and gravity they gave to everything completely died with "underoos".

Yep.

"Hey everyone" is perfectly in-character for Peter. Spidey is always kinda awkward around the big dogs.

Sure. Doesn't mean that his appearance wasn't tonally inconsistent with everything we were show prior, though.

Like someone else said, it would've worked better if there had been no dialogue.

I hardly think that supporting a law that would make superheroes guilty of mass collateral damage makes one a fascist.

So I'm beginning to go through everything that's happened on my feed on tumblr since the trailer hit and saw this gif set of Wanda bringing Vision to his knees:

tumblr_o3u2trdoO91sc0ffqo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o3u2trdoO91sc0ffqo2_r1_500.gif

In the 2nd gif, is it just me or is there someone laying on the ground (unconcious? tied up?) at Wanda's feet?

I wonder who's shooting at BP from the helicopter?

So I'm beginning to go through everything that's happened on my feed on tumblr since the trailer hit and saw this gif set of Wanda bringing Vision to his knees:

In the 2nd gif, is it just me or is there someone laying on the ground (unconcious? tied up?) at Wanda's feet?
looks like hawkeye

Same feeling. Such a sick trailer...and all the build-up and gravity they gave to everything completely died with "underoos".

I disagree on this
just felt like Marvel showing "hey guys, don't worry, it's not all over-serious and GrimDark"

Eh that trailer didn't blow he away, actually preferred the last one.

I liked the first one better too but there was definitely some cool stuff in this one.

Loved the shot of Panther taking down Bucky on the bike.

Wanda is going cray cray on her boyfriend.

The russos said that its all WAY more complex on who is on whats side and so one

Its not so easy like you make it here, everyone has its personal agendas too

Wow. Just saw it.

Impressive all around. It seemed to be TWS action with legit super powered characters. A lot of good moments, but the stand outs are the call back to Steve's alley fight (I can do this all day), Hawkeye's multi arrow barrage and of coure the underoos moment. I don't see much to nit pick about Spidey. The moment was pure Stark and pure Spidey in my book. The costume is fine (granted I have never had a problem with any live action version of the suit. I include the Electric Company, the Japanese show and the 70's show... They all look like Spidey to me... so does this one. )

So this looks like will top TWS , or that's my gut feeling anyway.

...I hardly think that supporting a law that would make superheroes guilty of mass collateral damage makes one a fascist.

The only thing that law does is give supervillains access to whatever information they need to subvert superheroes ability to protect society in general. Osborn et al, would have their fingerprints all over it, for obvious reasons.

The only thing that law does is give supervillains access to whatever information they need to subvert superheroes ability to protect society in general. Osborn et al, would have their fingerprints all over it, for obvious reasons.

What is the specific law?

He has the most shots in the first trailer and it was pretty much constructed around his character. In this trailer he's just not the main focal point which instead focuses on what the Russos called their "A" story line, the fight over the Accords of which Bucky is a part not the whole.

Regardless, even if they didn't do Civil War, the Bucky relationship would always have been the "B" story and not the "A" story in Cap 3.

Exactly...

The comics and the movies aren't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"