Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like hawkeye

I disagree on this
just felt like Marvel showing "hey guys, don't worry, it's not all over-serious and GrimDark"

What the **** does that statement even mean...? I also wonder what invalidating the entire tone of the trailer to achieve what you're saying says about what Marvel thinks of their audience. Like a three minute trailer can't go without a fratboy one liner in case people think it's too dark?

Last time I checked Civil War is a serious arc that touches on significant themes. Is that what passes for over-"serious GrimDark" :-)lmao:) around here?

How can anyone complain about Spidey being on Stark's side when the original story had just that. Also... Fascist? Is going from 0 to light speed the only way fans know how to communicate? I mean... Really? And if the film follows the beats Spidey had in the comic then we all know how the alliance with Stark likely ends.

MCU should have been grittier and darker like this from the start... Of course it's just my preference, but to me this is much more compelling than the majority of other MCU films.

So how is this movie gonna play out ?

- Is Crossbones a goner after he blows himself at the government thing?
- So I guess people thinks that Buck did it?
- His T'challa's father a gonner after the explosion? And this is why BP is mad at Bucky?
- I still haven't figure out why Falcon & Cap need Ant-Man, and why is Bucky trapped in the metal thing? Did Cap had to fight to capture him?
- They said people get off the fight as the movie goes...
- Is Bucky captured and put in the big underwater prison and Cap goes to rescue him alone?

etc etc etc... :p

That was actually Boseman and more support is never a bad thing

I really like how they had Scarlet Witch looking away from the Sokovia footage, it's a nice little detail.

It's cool that they're not glossing over how (rightfully so!) guilt she must feel after the role she played in the whole Ultron mess. Makes the character feel a lot more real, I think.

I liked the first one better too but there was definitely some cool stuff in this one.

Loved the shot of Panther taking down Bucky on the bike.

That was cool, I just thought overall the trailer was abit meh though. I'm sure the film will be good but this one felt a little bland to me.

I also thought the Spidey reveal was a bit out of place. Just didn't feel right.

So they made Spiderman a fascist too?

I can understand Tony, he always had it in him, but I can't see Peter being down with that program. Might as well join the Cabal and make it official.

2006 called, it wants it's post back.

How can anyone complain about Spidey being on Stark's side when the original story had just that. Also... Fascist? Is going from 0 to light speed the only way fans know how to communicate? I mean... Really? And if the film follows the beats Spidey had in the comic then we all know how the alliance with Stark likely ends.

Also, it's important that what happens to Cap in the comics happens to him here. That way the consequences of Starks actions will be driven home in as visceral a way as possible.

Maybe peopl didn't like it then, tbh I think Spidey would be better as a wildcard not really on either side

I haven't been keeping up with the news of this movie much but it seems there is an awful lot of advertising for it, which is a good thing. I wish Fox would do the same with X-Men Apocalypse.

I really like Spiderman's look. Reminds me of the old comics.

MCU should have been grittier and darker like this from the start... Of course it's just my preference, but to me this is much more compelling than the majority of other MCU films.

Did you not watch Iron Man(2008)

He's 15. What kind of judgement did any of you have when you were 15?

Speaking of which; child endangerment? Not a good look.

Also, it's important that what happens to Cap in the comics happens to him here. That way the consequences of Starks actions will be driven home in as visceral a way as possible.

That's not necessary at all - especially since Stark will not behaving the way he did in the comics.

Just like with the TWS comic they are using the bones of the story but this is not that story. These characters are not acting the way those comic characters did and the universe they inhabit is the MCU not 616.

Maybe peopl didn't like it then, tbh I think Spidey would be better as a wildcard not really on either side

That would certainly fit his overall character better. This whole mess seems far too unseemly for Peter to get himself involved.

What the **** does that statement even mean...? I also wonder what invalidating the entire tone of the trailer to achieve what you're saying says about what Marvel thinks of their audience. Like a three minute trailer can't go without a fratboy one liner in case people think it's too dark?

Last time I checked Civil War is a serious arc that touches on significant themes. Is that what passes for over-"serious GrimDark" :-)lmao:) around here?

Well, what it means is, and try to follow me here...
Marvel got a ton of s*** after IM3, TDW, and AoU to an extent for the trailers seeming very serious when the movies had a lot more levity to them. Sony also got plenty of s*** about Spidey not being quippy and funny enough. This is a quick attempt to show people that there will still be the Marvel humor injected into the film. Was it abrupt tonally? Sure, but dropping Spider-man on us was always going to bring the trailer to a halt, so why not show that the movie, and Spidey, have some humor to them at a final moment when it won't interrupt the flow of the rest of the trailer. As for "Grimdark", I was using the common vernacular for overly serious and depressing comic films , and I was clearly exaggerating, not implying that this movie will be all nighttime shots and scowls like some other CBM's coming out.
Get off that high horse

Last edited:
That's not necessary at all - especially since Stark will not behaving the way he did in the comics.

Just like with the TWS comic they are using the bones of the story but this is not that story. These characters are not acting the way those comic characters did and the universe they inhabit is the MCU not 616.

Oh ok, character is a better money maker now, so they're going to white wash him a little.

Some of you make me shake my head so damn hard I've got whiplash.

That would certainly fit his overall character better. This whole mess seems far too unseemly for Peter to get himself involved.

Agreed, although we don't know what this version of the character is yet so maybe it will fit. But going off the Spider-man I know from the comics of my time then I think wild card is a more suitable role.

From our friends at Daily Asgardian News:

[YT]watch?v=k8IDtNS-l84[/YT]

It just occurred to me that Spidey will be the first MCU character to have an official "secret identity". It seems like Tony will know who he is, as it's likely Tony will help him build his final battle costume, but I don't think anyone else will know.

It just occurred to me that Spidey will be the first MCU character to have an official "secret identity". It seems like Tony will know who he is, as it's likely Tony will help him build his final battle costume, but I don't think anyone else will know.

Well if you don't count daredevil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back