Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
J: It wasnt a laser beam it was a missile.

Make no mistake that was BUCKY who did that. They show him holding a gun. I think its the same one he uses in the scene where Tony confronts them in that Russian bunker

Wut? That gun doesn't shoot missiles, nor is that a missile that takes Rhodey down.

2033008.jpg

2033009.jpg

Well Im pretty sure that Bucky shot something at Rhodey. Unless it was a beam from The Vision.

But Viz is on Tonys team. So I doubt he'd fire at him.

To me it looked like a missile fired by Bucky that scraped the front of his suit

I wanna see Spidey go toe to toe with Black Panther. I don't care how or what context it would be in but I want it done. Make it happen, Russos bros.

Bucky has done a lot of dirty stuff that we already know about. In TWS we saw that he assassinated scores of people over 70 years. On top of that, he almost killed Fury, shot Natasha, killed dozens of SHIELD agents and beat Steve nearly to death. The trailer shows him trying to shoot Tony in the face and beating Steve again.

All that makes me wonder why Steve thinks Bucky is worth saving.

Captain America believes he's responsible for what happened to Bucky and not being able to save him the first time. He believes what's happening now to Bucky is his fault. Plus Bucky is his best friend and really the last connection he has left to his old life. So he can't stand aside. Also, the implication is that Bucky is being targeted for an action he did not commit. It looks like a diplomatic conference is bombed and Bucky is made to look like the perpetrator.

Regardless, Bucky is acting like a rabid dog who needs to be put down.

anyway, where did spidey hide before he took out cap's shield? I mean it's an open and huge airport

Bucky was brainwashed when he did all of those bad things, it wasn't his fault.

anyway, where did spidey hide before he took out cap's shield? I mean it's an open and huge airport
He's a probably like a buck and a half soaking wet. he could've hid on the roof or behind a terminal and quickly jumped out.

Disguised as a mild mannered civilian, watching the shameless battle between the two parties.

But Viz is on Tonys team. So I doubt he'd fire at him.

To me it looked like a missile fired by Bucky that scraped the front of his suit
It looks like there's a Vision hologram thingy in Tony's visor here when he's shouting for Rhodey... That plus the yellow beam does make me think it's Vision who, for whatever reason, shot at Rhodes.
tumblr_o3u43mkGOB1r057rfo3_500.gif

Probably, that actually makes sense. Hiding as Peter.

It looks like there's a Vision hologram thingy in Tony's visor here when he's shouting for Rhodey... That plus the yellow beam does make me think it's Vision who, for whatever reason, shot at Rhodes.
tumblr_o3u43mkGOB1r057rfo3_500.gif

Good catch.

Been an incredibly busy day, so Civil War trailer was the perfect treat.

It's back to number 2 anticipated movie of the year for me.

Black Panther is a freaking beast, love the way he moves, he's flawless.

But I have to admit, I was expecting something more amateurish for the Spidey costume, and while it looks kinda similar to the previous costumes, it still has that new look I am happy about. I love the focusing mechanism for his eye piece. Love it.

And oh, that "I could do this all day" line nearly brought me to tears. One of the best parts of CA:TFA.

Last edited:
OK so that beam was probably from Vision not Bucky? The way the trailers edited, it looks like Bucky is responsible. Thats what I thought.

Does anyone else think Bucky might have killed Panther's dad? And I kind of feel like in that one BW and Stark scene, the two are at odds; something just doesn't feel right about that, Natasha does not seem to be 100% Stark in ANY of these trailers.

And I don't know how all of those bad events were the Avengers fault. When Loki and his Chautari attacked New York, what the hell could anyone else do? Was the Avengers just suppose to sit back and not do anything? Who the hell does that? And the thing with the Winter Soldier. Next time just let a million some odd people die.

The only thing the Avengers -might- be responsible for is Sokovia, but that was Stark's fault. So if he's all about accountability, then lock him up. He wasn't brainwashed like Bucky.

And about Vision, I got the idea he was wanting to 'learn' to be human, and so he might see Cap's view as being the 'right side' in the airport battle. I don't know.

I think it was Tony himself who shot Rhody, being control briefly by SW teaching him a lesson...how does it feel to go against your best bud...as he expect Steve to do.

The trailer didn't get me as excited as it should have. And it's not that I don't like what's in the trailer. I don't like the trailer itself. The music's very generic and bland and the way it's cut doesn't have that necessary 'oomph.' Spidey looks cool, and I really liked The Winter Soldier so I'm looking forward to it anyway. But I think the marketing team could've put together a much more captivating trailer.

Does anyone else think Bucky might have killed Panther's dad?

I suspect someone kills Panther's dad, which is why you see T'Challa on the floor after the explosion. My guess is they try to frame Bucky.

Going crazy and throttling someone is one thing, but I doubt he'd be blowing up a U.N. conference.

I suspect someone kills Panther's dad, which is why you see T'Challa on the floor after the explosion. My guess is they try to frame Bucky.

Going crazy and throttling someone is one thing, but I doubt he'd be blowing up a U.N. conference.

I think it was already established that his father's death is being saved for his the BP movie. Remember, this is a Cap film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"