Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, retconning. I can appreciate that. However, is doesn't negate the very reasonable explanation that the Monarch would at some point sell bits of the resource to finance other things. I'm not an economist, but I find the sort of economic isolation that would correspond to a nation being this hidden to be incompatible with advanced technology.

They must be shown as having some sort of trade relations even if they happen through a network of agents who do interface with the international community.

I'm also not a comic book reader (duh), but it is possible and highly likely that the actual movie may simplify the Wakandananian :whatever: backstory for those of us who need it to be streamlined and ELI5.

The current back story for Wakanda IS the streamlined version.

And no they don't have trade relations with other nations. A key aspect of the nation is their strict isolationist and non intervention policy. Kevin Fegie even said at the beginning of Civil War T'Challa and T'Chaka decide it's time for Wakanda to become a part of the global community instead of keeping to themselves.

They said it was the last of what they had, meaning there was more in the world, they just didn't have any more

Howard Stark said that was all they had. In Age of Ultron Steve says "I thought your father said he got the last of it". Steve really thought his shield was all the vibranium that existed.

That's a great idea. You should write comics!

But I like another poster's idea, that Wakanda gifted some Vibranium to FDR to win the war, without getting involved themselves. Makes sense with their extremely isolationist tendencies, while also being extremely 'annoyed' that Rommel is doing tank-donuts in North Africa.

Boy, this is much more fun to talk about than the hot-diarrhea pile of 'BvS'.

For the most part they wouldn't care.

Wakanda's isolationist and non intervention policy is more strict than I think some people might realize.

Here a page that show previous Black Panther's bascially laying out how strict their isolationist policy is and the idea that they'll do whatever it takes to protect Wakanda:

wvtlhz.jpg

bf1644.jpg

257i2jn.jpg

Why do I think we won't get anymore movie news until after CW comes out? Outside of the weekly synopsis of Agents of SHIELD, the only major news before CW will probably be when Marvel TV issues a full press release on who is cast in Iron Fist.

I think we should at least expect a Dr Strange trailer with Civil War.

I wouldn't completely rule out a Bruce Banner post-credits scene to help set up Ragnarok. That would be great to see.

I think Marvel is being smart by including the Hulk in Thor's next movie. They don't want to give the Hulk his own movie again, but they want to boost popularity for Thor's next appearance. Smart play, two birds one stone.

I think Marvel is being smart by including the Hulk in Thor's next movie. They don't want to give the Hulk his own movie again, but they want to boost popularity for Thor's next appearance. Smart play, two birds one stone.

It will only be smart if it is a good film.

It will only be smart if it is a good film.

That's obvious, but it's a step in the right direction first and foremost. That's what counts at this stage.

That's obvious, but it's a step in the right direction first and foremost. That's what counts at this stage.

Sorry i mean that it will only be smart if it works as a story. Rather than having hulk shoehorned into it so that it doesn't make sense. For me if i think of ragnarok the hulk doesn't really fit. Hope that they do both characters justice and it is another of marvels better films.

You don't know if he fits or not since it will likely be ragnarok in name only and it will follow a completely different story. CW is very different from comic CW. In MCU's Ragnarok Hulk may be very fitting for the story the have in mind.

The rumor is that CW is a great movie so if Marvel can balance 14 heroes in a movie, i don't see how 2 will be a problem in Thor 3.

anyone seen ant man new suit? it is real bad...the one in his solo movie is so much better.

anyone seen ant man new suit? it is real bad...the one in his solo movie is so much better.

Everyone has seen the new Ant-Man suit by this point.

Yeah . However hottoys release picture of their ant man figure today..u get to see all the details.

New suit looks bad

Yeah . However hottoys release picture of their ant man figure today..u get to see all the details.

New suit looks bad
I think it looks fine, but that's just my opinion.

I'll third that but to each their own I guess.

I have absolutely no problem with the new Ant-man suit. it looks appropriately more modern and streamlined. Nowhere near "it's really bad".

You don't know if he fits or not since it will likely be ragnarok in name only and it will follow a completely different story. CW is very different from comic CW. In MCU's Ragnarok Hulk may be very fitting for the story the have in mind.

The rumor is that CW is a great movie so if Marvel can balance 14 heroes in a movie, i don't see how 2 will be a problem in Thor 3.

That is what i was saying. It's a smart move if it works. It might do it might not neither of us knows at this point. I hope it does.

I love that new Ant-Man suit. It doesn't look as "friendly" as the first suit, but man its sure gonna look great when it grows giant. :D

I agree, don't see what's wrong with Ant-Man's suit. It looks fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"