Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ant-Man suit in the first one was an antique, and it was shown Scott was already tinkering with it. It makes sense that a year later he would have made some changes.

yeah why is everyone talking like there's some consensus about the new ant-man suit sucking that we're all refuting??

I think it's great, and haven't seen anybody talk s**t about it except for 'Yllum'
I've seen a few "I preferred the old helmet", but that's it

OMG that new Ant-Man suit is soooooo gorgeous! <3

Still loving every bit of it

Hopefully there is a new design for the ant-man sequel movie.!

While I can see why some wouldn't like the new helmet and suit, I think the new Ant-Man suit looks just fine as it appears that they've streamlined and improved upon many of the older suit's features. The CW suit doesn't have any of the tubes coming off the helmet any more that could have been really vulnerable. I wouldn't be surprised if the updated helmet allows for better situational awareness and communication with the ants. The regulator on the belt seems to have moved and it appears Scott has added some padding/armor that would help in fights.

3v1hh2s.jpg

spkGcPM.jpg

That Hot Toy doesn't do it justice IMO

The helmet is a little odd, but that's my only issue

Helmet reminds me of a microphone, but I like the changes overall.

I'm a little amused that the suit was brought up in a "Brace yourself, guys. This is gonna be terrible." manner and then almost everyone chimed in saying they liked it.

Marvel Concept artist Andy Park shared this (click image to open full size):

AndyParkArt: Can’t wait!!! #CaptainAmericaCivilWar Saw this at work today. Antman’s in there too :) #TeamIronMan #TeamCap #pickaside #marvelstudios #marvel #AntMan #captainamerica #blackpanther #BlackWidow #warmachine #vision #bucky #Hawkeye #scarletwitch #falcon
I'm assuming that's Ant-Man on the top of Cap's shield?

Marvel Concept artist Andy Park shared this (click image to open full size):

What a coincidence, I know where this is and walked by this standee when they were setting it up :funny: Guess I know where Marvel's art department office is now.

That Hot Toy doesn't do it justice IMO

The helmet is a little odd, but that's my only issue

Yeah there's something off-putting about the Hot Toys figure (aside from the terrible Paul Rudd headsculpt I mean), whereas all the other shots of the new Ant-Man suit looks better. When I saw all the concept art and set photos of the new suit, I thought it looked fine, but when HT posted those pics, I instantly had a negative reaction.

Yeah there's something off-putting about the Hot Toys figure (aside from the terrible Paul Rudd headsculpt I mean), whereas all the other shots of the new Ant-Man suit looks better. When I saw all the concept art and set photos of the new suit, I thought it looked fine, but when HT posted those pics, I instantly had a negative reaction.

The materials all look wrong. They've made it look too padded and fabric-y, whereas the actual suit has more metal bits and such

Last edited:
Man that standee is incredible. Love seeing all those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"