The Official Captain America: Civil War TAGGED SPOILER Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by BatsDC, Apr 8, 2016.

1. shadowboxxx Registered

Tony gave Cap like 5 different final warnings.

2. ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

And Cap didnt care. Because he's Cap.

3. javonstokess Registered

I don't know why it annoys me when people complain about the "lack of suspense" with the airport fight.

Why is it so difficult to understand that neither team was "out to kill" the other? Tony's team was trying to ARREST Cap's team. Not kill, mutilate or dismember. Cap's team was just trying to make to to a mode of transport and get out of there. On top of all that, they are all friends FIRST. The point of Rhodey getting hurt was to show that things got out of hand.

Why does only "death" not to equal "suspense"?

4. shadowboxxx Registered

Maybe its because YOU misunderstand the issue. Its got nothing to do with deaths. Everyone understands that neither team is out to kill the other, who was there for what, and that they were all friends first.

2 big parts of what makes fights so much fun is a) the heroes get pushed to their limits and b) the fights they fight are dangerous.

For example, every time Bucky shows up in TWS, your heart pumps a little faster, because you know the heroes are in for it.

Or how about Hulk going nuts and Tony bringing out his biggest armor to deal with him and save the city.

So the airport fight was certainly cool to see, visually, but it didnt move me because it lacked those components. They were tickling each other out there. Ive seen sparring sessions go harder. We understand why it didnt go far, but IF that is the film's main big fight, then its not enough IMHO. Anyway it all goes back to our preferences but I dont see why those preferences bother you.

5. ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Idc, everyine enjoyed the film in the end. So what if somethings bothered u as long as you enjoyed theboverall product.

6. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

The fight was a great style combo of a brawl! IMO Cap won

7. shadowboxxx Registered

Its not that Cap didnt care. Its that Cap knew Tony didnt want to fight him, the same way he knew that Tony is safe within that armor so he could really tee off on him.

8. SpideyJJ Registered

This guy gets it

9. javonstokess Registered

Gets what?

Seems like because no one lost a limb or everyone wasn't left bloody, he wasn't a fan of the fight.

That's personal preference, not philosophical enlightenment.

10. SpideyJJ Registered

A couple of us users spoke on how we felt about the airport battle. You posed the question 'Why does only "death" not to equal "suspense"?' to us, he responded in a manner that reflected our viewpoint, thus the "this guy gets it" response. Serious injuries alone do not make for impressive fight scenes
    The highway fight between Cap and Bucky in the winter Soldier didn't leave either Combatant bloodied or limbless, but still felt very tense and as a result more impressive and enjoyable

It's really not a difficult concept to grasp; how you derived 'philosophical enlightenment' from that I have no idea

11. javonstokess Registered

To which I'll respond the same way:

The difference in both action sequences is in TWS, Bucky and his crew were trying to KILL Cap and his crew. In CW, Tony's Avengers are trying to APPREHEND Cap's Avengers, while Cap's Avengers are just trying to escape.

The difference in motivation colors the tenor of the altercation. Obviously, one's going to "more tense" than the other, because there are different outliers, which makes complaining about the "lack of intensity" unnecessary.

12. shadowboxxx Registered

Philosophical enlightenment?

Dude grow up.

13. shadowboxxx Registered

You still dont understand.

Nobody questions why the airport battle wasnt more tense. We know the why and arent arguing a plot point. Some of us are saying we didnt love the scene as much as others for the reasons already put forth.

Look, this is pretty simple stuff. If you still dont get its because you do not want to.

#688 shadowboxxx, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  14. Sleiek Registered

Now that I think about it, after reading all the comments, I am now starting to think The Winter Solider Highway/Street fight is better than the airport battle. Hmm. Just a few days ago, I said Civil War was better than The Winter Soldier because of the airport scene but take Spidey and Ant-Man away and the airport battle wouldn't be as impressive. They did the right choice injecting Spidey and Ant-Man in, the only time they are in the movie.

Anyone else having second thoughts? Damn. It's weird I usually like flashier battles (CW) than simpler ones (TWS), this time I am confused.

15. jaymes_e06 Registered

I agree but I think CW isn't even as good as WS in general.

16. javonstokess Registered

It's not a matter of "getting it", it's a matter of disagreeing on whether it's worth calling out as a "negative" on the movie.

So let's just say agree to disagree and move on, shall we :woot:

17. javonstokess Registered

I don't think it's a matter of whether one is "better" than the other. They are different.

The WS highway/street fight is exactly what it say: a down to earth brawl/firefight.

The airport battle is more a celebration of all things Marvel.

18. Sleiek Registered

Ofcourse, but people still compare things that are different.

When you are trying to figure out your favorite Marvel movie, you are going to have to compare these things.

19. shadowboxxx Registered

LMAO dude there is nothing for us to agree or disagree on.

I just explained my point of view, but I couldnt care less if you share it or not, and i didnt ask you to. As it was, even expecting you to understand my explanation was too much to ask, as you keep misrepresenting it anyway.

Im not debating anyone who loves the airport scene. It just didnt move me.

#694 shadowboxxx, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  20. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

The airport scene is fun. Something can be fun and watchable without having to put you at the edge of your seat.

Eh, Tony totally wanted to fight Steve, but not necessarily to hurt him. Tony's lashing out without thinking, in what I call a "mantrum."

He even elects to ignore Bucky in certain parts of the fight to specifically go after Steve. "I don't care, he killed my mom" and then he lunges for Steve, when Bucky is literally right behind him with no weapon in hand. Bucky only sees and takes the shield after Tony starts attacking Steve, so Tony had an obvious opening there to kill Bucky, but he doesn't.
    Cause he's acting like an overgrown two-year-old during that sequence. :oldrazz:

But then again large/powerful beings that physically lash out without thinking are usually the most dangerous. Ask Hulk. :bh:

21. Xeno That's America's ass!

Tony was acting like a man who had just seen an assassin slaughter his parents in cold blood. The reason he backhanded Steve first was because the captain [BLACKOUT]had just admitted that he had known about the Starks' murders for two years and hadn't seen fit to share that information[/BLACKOUT]. Like a child who doesn't want to tell his parents that he's done something wrong, Steve wanted to avoid the fallout from it.

As for Bucky being [BLACKOUT]unarmed, that is untrue. He had the same rifle in his hands that he had when he and Steve entered that bunker. In fact, he took a shot at Tony first. [/BLACKOUT]

22. Xeno That's America's ass!

No.

Not only do I think that the airport battle was better than anything in TWS, I also rate CW a far superior film. Mind you, I've seen CW three times and recently rewatched TWS so both are fresh in my mind. The character interactions in CW were sharply written and served to delineate their personalities and relationships rather than simply move the plot. Action sequences unfolded with more verve than in TWS, showing that the Russos have become even more confident and skilled in their handling of multiple characters. On the whole, CW was a masterful piece of storytelling. The next two Avengers movies are definitely in the best possible hands.

23. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Tony also lost his cool and hit Falcon with a cheap shot as Sam tried to apologize. The audience with whom I saw the film gasped at that one. It was these type of instances that gave the fight scenes their gravitas. We knew both sides, with the exception of Panther, were holding back, but the question of whether they could control their emotions as events escalated remained front and center for the entire film.

#698 Lantern Venom, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

You changed your mind on which fight you preferred after reading online comments? :woot:

25. yllum Registered

hehe so a android does get horny! am I right?