First Avenger The Official "Captain America Super Bowl Tv Spot" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who was wondering:

In German it says "Startrampen - Aussichtsplattform (I'm sure that it's supposed to be one word and that Plattform is misspelled) - 3ter (< unusual spelling) Stock - Bereich 15"

Translation: "Launching ramps - Observation deck/platform - 3rd floor - Area 15"

To me the word Startrampe implies that it's for rockets or missiles, could be wrong though.

Thank you, clears that bit up. :)

Captain America is going to be boring and dumb.

I and many other people around here have a vastly different opinion, but everything the spot has shown looks to be a step in the right direction for the character.
It could (and I hope not/doubt it) turn out to be a bad movie, but so far, it's got a lot going for it.
Great setting, good visuals, good cast, competent director (this being an opinion, but even his bad movies, are shot well) and the subject matter is a big plus to Cap/Marvel fans.
Bold prediction you make.....but do you think the film is going to be boring an dumb, or do you feel this way because you think the character is boring and dumb?
Just curious.

From watching the TV Spot, Captain America seems like a superior film than Thor. From the Thor trailer and TV Spot, the film just feels empty but Captain America seems to be full of great action and adventure.

Not sure exactly
redskull01edit.png

It says, REDRUM!

lol @ Bat-trolls

Lol. They're trying it on another thread too. Bless em' :cwink:

trying? it looks like its working, ask captainrogers over there LOL

Lol. They're trying it on another thread too. Bless em' :cwink:

The Powers Rangers thing in the Weaving thread? I saw that too hehe

They send a guy out every couple of weeks, but they're easy to spot with their growly anger voices and pointy ears.

My parents are deeeeeaaaaaaad and your movie suuuuuuuucks!:argh::batty:

The Powers Rangers thing in the Weaving thread? I saw that too hehe

They send a guy out every couple of weeks, but they're easy to spot with their growly anger voices and pointy ears.

My parents are deeeeeaaaaaaad and your movie suuuuuuuucks!:argh::batty:

LOL :yay::woot:

cap america looks like tdk style dramatic film while thor looks like a better verion of clash of the titans...
thats the impression i got

Actually, Masters of the Universe is supposed to look like Thor. That's why He-Man has a red cape.

"As the director of Masters of the Universe, it was a pleasure to see that someone got it. Your comparison of the film to Kirby&#8217;s New Gods was not far off. In fact, the storyline was greatly inspired by the classic Fantastic Four/Doctor Doom epics, The New Gods and a bit of Thor thrown in here and there. I intended the film to be a &#8220;motion picture comic book,&#8221; though it was a tough proposition to sell to the studio at the time. 'Comics are just for kids,' they thought. They would not allow me to hire Jack Kirby who I desperately wanted to be the conceptual artist for the picture&#8230;" Gary Goddard

I only said that because the person who said it looks like Masters of the Universe Part Deaux didn't mean it in a "nice way" (lol).

Captain America is going to be boring and dumb.

C'mon buddy, YOU don't even believe that yourself...nice try tho ;)

Last edited:
He makes it look bad for all bat fans!

I can't wait for CA!

Cap and Thor both look great if ya ask me

Sure maybe not as angsty and moody as TDK, but probably much more fun

I wasn't being rude I was being perfectly civilized, now ^^^ THIS is just plain rude & disrespectful. There's no need for the unecessary cursing and angry tone, it's definately not that serious. Besides, I wasn't saying that you should like Thor because it is a Marvel film. I was just saying that there's no need to talk about how "bad" (chuckles) Thor looks because this is about Captain America's superbowl spot so why are you discussing how bad Thor looks when it has nothing to do with Cap's t.v. spot?

You think Thor looks like Masters of The Universe, now that is funny :lmao:. You can think Thor's movie looks as "crappy" as you like, but you and the rest of the people that do are in the "minoritY" so it doesn't hold much weight. So when the film comes out and receives good reviews and becomes a box office hit (which it will) just remember I gave you the "heads up" ;).

You've been saying Thor looks bad FOREVER, okay WE GET IT...geez :doh: that's not gonna make it "less crappy". Most people that thinks something looks crappy don't even think about it, they certainly don't go out of their way just to conplain about it looks every chance I get.

Wow, are you personally hurt and offended when somebody says something bad about Thor?

This one ?
27011092.gif

37489380.gif

This was the scene that told me this will be a great movie. You can see both the frustration with being so weak and the resilience to overcome it in his face. Thats probably the best 2 seconds of acting i've ever seen from Evans. In the scenes after the serum he really surprised me with the way he captured the innocence and good-naturedness of the kid Steve Rogers was before he became a super soldier. Very impressive performances just from the trailer. I like Atwell's no-nonsense demeanor too.

Erskine was perfect.

Almost positive First Avenger will blow Thor out of the water, but hoping Thor surprises me with epicness.

Last edited:
From the clip it looked like a good superhero movie. The clip could have been alot better though. I thought the Thor clip blew it out of the water. I will try and see both on opening day to sponser more comic movies.

As for the red skull looking amazing I thought it was as expected. I mean if you remember the old 80's Skeletor makeup it was on par with todays redskull makeup.

skeletor.jpg

This was the scene that told me this will be a great movie. You can see both the frustration with being so weak and the resilience to overcome it in his face. Thats probably the best 2 seconds of acting i've ever seen from Evans. In the scenes after the serum he really surprised me with the way he captured the innocence and good-naturedness of the kid Steve Rogers was before he became a super soldier. Very impressive performances just from the trailer. I like Atwell's no-nonsense demeanor too.

Erskine was perfect.

Almost positive First Avenger will blow Thor out of the water, but hoping Thor surprises me with epicness.
I agree. That quick 2 second scene stood out the most for me when I viewed the spot for the first time.

Wow, are you personally hurt and offended when somebody says something bad about Thor?

*sigh*...You missed the whole point I was trying to make and I no longer even care about making it anymore, it's not even that important.

I gotta say that to me, both Cap and Thor look AMAZING. I can't wait for them to come out and I'm not giving higher expectations to either one. I'm just looking forward to two great films from Marvel. I like Kennith Branagh and I like Joe Johnston. It's gonna be a good summer.

It's a shame that comic books fans can't just be comic book fans. They have to be MARVEL only fans or DC only fans or BATMAN only fans or SPIDER-MAN only fans....I thought we were COMIC BOOK fans.

It's a shame that comic books fans can't just be comic book fans. They have to be MARVEL only fans or DC only fans or BATMAN only fans or SPIDER-MAN only fans....I thought we were COMIC BOOK fans.

It's sad really, it gets annoying too

Yeah it's a shame there has to be a competition between them all.:csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back