Luke Cage The Official cast Luke Cage thread

Colter used to be pretty big, he has slimmed down a bit in recent years but he could get big again easy enough I imagine.

Terry Crews hasn't really shown the acting range to carry off a character like Cage dramatic backstory or even carry a television show.

There is more to casting Luke Cage than being black, bald and muscular.

The dude is too skinny......Crews was right there, but as usual the studios never go with the fans..
Colter might not have a big resume, and I think I've only watched him in his The Good Wife supporting role, but his acting is really excellent on that show. While he's not nearly wide as Crews (few humans are) Colter's pretty big in his own right at 6'3 and extremely well built. If Colter is "skinny", 99% of humanity must be skeletal!

Crews is undoubtedly the bigger name, but I would submit that Colter is the better actor, from a dramatic point of view. Also, it's weird that you speak unilaterally for the fans. Should we take it that your opinions on everything MCU related is basically fan consensus?

My favorite choice for the role was Billy Brown. But, I'm more than happy with Colter and excited to see what he will bring to the role.

Colter might not have a big resume, and I think I've only watched him in his The Good Wife supporting role, but his acting is really excellent on that show. While he's not nearly wide as Crews (few humans are) Colter's pretty big in his own right at 6'3 and extremely well built. If Colter is "skinny", 99% of humanity must be skeletal!

Crews is undoubtedly the bigger name, but I would submit that Colter is the better actor, from a dramatic point of view. Also, it's weird that you speak unilaterally for the fans. Should we take it that your opinions on everything MCU related is basically fan consensus?

My favorite choice for the role was Billy Brown. But, I'm more than happy with Colter and excited to see what he will bring to the role.

Brown was eliminated when he was cast on "How to Get Away with Murder." That shoots in Los Angeles and Luke Cage shoots in New York.

Billy Brown is awesome. He's still my top pick for John Stewart. Maybe if Viola Davis does end up playing Amanda Waller, she'll put in a good words for him at WB.

Netflix's Ted Sarandos expects that 'Dardevil', 'Luke Cage' 'Jessica Jones' and 'Iron Fist' will continue on for more than one season.

NEvlthwqVpN7yD_1_b.jpg

Ever since Marvel and Netflix announced their partnership in creating four original superhero series for the streaming network, the question has remained: Will there be more than one season of each show? The answer is, according to Ted Sarandos, most likely yes. Asked if the shows, which include Marvel's Daredevil, Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage will continue past their original episode orders, Sarandos stated:

"They're all eligible to go into multiple seasons for sure, and [we]contemplate that they will."

Sarandos also implied that the The Defenders miniseries, which brings all four series together, could becoming an ongoing series as well. Speaking at the Winter 2015 TCA's, he revealed that each series will arrive roughly one year apart fro the others, with the time between each ranging from between 8 to 15 months. He says:

"We're not trying to hit a fall programming schedule or hit a grid number. We want to give them enough room and enough time to make a great show. I don't want to set up a rigid time table."
Now, that being said, there are a number of factors that will go into deciding which, if any, of these series will stretch beyond their first season. Sarandos explains how that will be decided:

"Definitely in how well we are addressing both the Marvel fanbase but also the broader fanbase who may or may not ever get into one of these series because of their own preconceived notions. One thing we have [is] a really great history of [combining] the personalized merchandising and the subscription model that allows people to be a little more adventurous about what they watch. We may find that an audience way broader than the typical Marvel audience will try and fall in love with these shows and with the Marvel brand, and it will be universe-expanding for Marvel too."
It was announced earlier today that Marvel's Daredevil will debut on April 10. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, which has already cast Krysten Ritter as the lead and Mike Colter as Luke Cage, will begin production later this year. It was originally announced that all four series would be released in 2015, but that no longer seems to be the case. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones may debut anywhere between November of this year and June of 2016.

http://www.movieweb.com/marvel-netflix-series-multiple-seasons

Netflix: 'We contemplate multiple seasons for our Marvel shows'

List of Marvel Cinematic Universe television series - Wikipedia, the ...

Last edited:
That's already been reported a few days ago, and spamming it through multiple sections won't make it any more new... :whatever:

I was reading some of the comments and i not did see this news in the threads,so i posted the news for those that did not know or might not know.
Anyway forget about it,i will delete the other stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction to Luke Cage Casting and Marvel's Longterm Netflix Plan - Channel Surfing Podcast

Eric Goldman and Roth Cornet discuss the recent casting of Mike Colter as Luke Cage and also how Marvel's Netflix series could function moving beyond their first seasons.

[YT]l86jCykyRug[/YT]

Last edited:
I wonder if Cage's younger brother James will be in the show?

James fought his brother as Coldfire

jameslucas5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"