Luke Cage The Official cast Luke Cage thread

10392593_998365096846729_5687347896433000479_n.jpg

Lance Gross (Crisis) and Mike Colter (The Following) are in consideration to play Luke Cage in the first 6-7 episodes of JESSICA JONES, before starring in his own titular series. http://tinyurl.com/ldbqjdj

Not bad picks. Not too certain on gross though. I've honestly learned not to expect whomever is considered to be cast because every time a list like this comes out for marvel they end up choosing someone who isnt even rumored.

Not bad picks. Not too certain on gross though. I've honestly learned not to expect whomever is considered to be cast because every time a list like this comes out for marvel they end up choosing someone who isnt even rumored.

Boseman?

Boseman is a different case. There was no pre set rumored cast list. And the only rumors about him were after that breakfast club interview. He was pretty much most people's obvious pick anyway. Im thinking more along the lines of when cap was first cast, and star lord, dr. Strange to a degree even though i think cumby is going to get that role for sure.

So I guess they're going to start building up his "connection" to Jessica, and then carry it over to his own show presumably. Seems like a good idea to me.

I've never been a fan of Luke Cage and it has nothing to do with him. He use to somewhat intrigue me when I was a kid and when I was looking which comic to buy at the newstands. Just that yellow shirt and tiara just never worked for me.

Point is I'm not familiar with him but I've always imagined the guy having some street cred. There are some people because of the way they carry themselves that get instant respect when they walk in any urban neighborhood in America. They don't have to be gangsters like a Jim Brown or even famous. You can just look at them knowing none of it is below them. Whoever they get I hope can fake it well or something.

IMO, I think that David Ramsey (Diggle from ARROW) to play Cage.

I remember Colter from "The Good Wife" and thinking "Wow, I bet he could pull a decent Cage".

I thought they would cast Lance Gross but in the end they cast the right guy.

Mike Colter it is. I've never seen him in anything, but her certainly looks the part.

yo...Terry Crews has a tv show that shoots damn near the whole year. And on top of that has appearances in Hollywood movies.

Come on. People shouldve let go of that Terry Crews thing a while ago

The dude is too skinny......Crews was right there, but as usual the studios never go with the fans..

And so the outrage over the fact that Crews isn't Luke Cage begins. It was only a matter of time...

Crews is a very busy man. He has Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, which probably shoots several times a day and it's taped in Connecticut. I'm sure he has one day a week where he shoots B99. Plus he's hosting a Funniest Videos type series (it may only be a special) for Fox in the future.

Seriously, if people knew how busy the guy is, people would stop complaining about the fact that Crews is not Luke Cage.

But because people have a massive chubby over the guy as Luke Cage, they fail to realize that they might have contacted him, but that they couldn't work out his schedule. Anyone think of that?

Seriously, these complaints over Crews not being Luke Cage has got to stop. And just because he's not Luke Cage doesn't mean he's gone from the MCU forever. I have never pictured Crews as Cage (for it was always Michael Jai White). I always pictured Cage as Erik Killmonger in the Black Panther movie.

But as always, I expect we'll see more "why is Terry Crews not Luke Cage" complaints on this forum. It's worse than casting every single Game of Thrones Cast member in every comic book movie.

:whatever:

yo...Terry Crews has a tv show that shoots damn near the whole year. And on top of that has appearances in Hollywood movies.

Come on. People shouldve let go of that Terry Crews thing a while ago

Plus, I think I heard from Crews himself that he shoots "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" several times a day.

I would not rule him out completely for the MCU movies though. I always thought he'd make a good Killmonger in Black Panther.

I mean Colter has been cast for a little bit and I havent seen many complaints on here about Crews not being Cage.
I think we're fine

Plus, I think I heard from Crews himself that he shoots "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" several times a day.

I would not rule him out completely for the MCU movies though. I always thought he'd make a good Killmonger in Black Panther.

Did not even know he does Who wants to be a Millionaire

I mean Colter has been cast for a little bit and I havent seen many complaints on here about Crews not being Cage.
I think we're fine

Shazam isn't happy about it, he wanted Crews not realizing how busy the guy is with a show that tapes several times a day for an entire year.

If he only had Brooklyn Nine-Nine and was not cast as Cage, I think there would be more complaints on here.

I replied to Shazam. Im saying I havent see many complaints. Shazam is the only one Ive seen. Im sure there are more I just dont care to look really. People are fine with it on here. It's all good.

He's been the host for a while now. He took over for Cedric the Entertainer when the show moved their tapings from New York to Connecticut.

And she shoots the show a few times daily, from what I have heard.

I think we're fine

Dr. E has a penchant for hyperbole.

Crews became an unrealistic choice for Luke Cage when he became host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Last edited:
Ok... I dont know what's happening.

I never even mentioned Gross so I dont know why youre bringing his name up to me.
Also I agree with the Terry Crews thing. Literally right above your first post I said something along the lines of what you said. So again i dont know why quote me saying things that look like they should be said to someone who doesnt like Colter

Your post has nothing to do with what I said in mine so I dont see why quote me in it

Ok... I dont know what's happening.

I never even mentioned Gross so I dont know why youre bringing his name up to me.
Also I agree with the Terry Crews thing. Literally right above your first post I said something along the lines of what you said. So again i dont know why quote me saying things that look like they should be said to someone who doesnt like Colter

Your post has nothing to do with what I said in mine so I dont see why quote me in it

I missposted (if that's even a word)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"