The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Tech & Support' started by Thread Manager, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the dmg

the dmg The Funky Homosapien

How did the update go for you?
    I'm about to go to a show right now but I read at work that I need to wipe the external card as well, so I'll try that out before flash to a custom stock version of GB, which will take take of issues I and some others are having.

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Once installed, I haven't had any real issues. For some reason Opera Mobile acts a little goofy but, other than that, no problems.

3. the dmg

After a few workarounds, I'm officially on ICS! Whoo!
    The best thing to do once you get ICS is to do a FDR. This is due to the fact that it's very different from GB. It's like making the move from XP to W7. A fresh start is better because you can assess where problems happen much easier.

4. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

I'm currently interested in the LG Nexus 4, but I've been reading some reviews and I see it's quite fragile and somehow slower than the Optimus G even though they're supposedly built with the same components. I'm seriously tempted due to the price.

Although, I'm still interested in the Windows ecosystem.

5. the dmg

I've heard that same thing too. My wife is probably getting an upgrade soon, so I'm still keeping it in mind.
    With the way they have streamlined everything to be similar across all platforms (phone, tablet, PC), I can see M$ picking up more steam. My friend just installed Windows 8 onto his laptop, and he already has WP7, so the transition from one to the other is seamless. He loves that fact, and I can see that ease of use and ease of transition from one to the other actually being something the average consumer will look for.

6. LibidoLoca

Well, now that AT&T has announced Lumia 920 will be $99 on contract with free wireless charging pad, I'm tempted to sign with AT&T. And possibly buy the phone, sign a contract and wait a few days to terminate said contract, which will probably add up to around $450. And use the phone on Straight Talk with an AT&T compatible SIM card. Also if I don't like it I could sell it and the charging pad for a hefty sum. :sus

Nah probably wouldn't work. I'm intrigued, though. :hmm

7. TheBat447

TheBat447 Well-Known Member

Can anyone with a little techy know-how help me with a little problem that I am having?

I am in the UK on the Orange (soon to be EE) network. I received a new Iphone 4S earlier today on a 24 month contract.

When I first switched on the phone I was instantly prompted to connect to my home network - which I did. However, I can't seem to connect to the internet without using wi-fi. I am supposed to have 1GB of data but I don't know how to use it.

Any help will be appreciated. I'd prefer to ask online before I contact the network.

8. LibidoLoca

I've decided to go buy the Nokia Lumia 920 on Black Friday, I'm currently training to take on the crowds. It's like freshman year in college all over again. :awesome:

9. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

good luck!

10. BatMatt

BatMatt Well-Known Member

Windows Phone is an absolute joy to use, so enjoy the experience the LibidoLoca

11. LibidoLoca

Thanks guys. :grin:

12. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

after a really really long talk with t-mobile today, they are sending me an Exhibit to replace this crappy sidekick. i don't know anything about it so i hope at the very least it will be better than the problems i've had with the sidekick

13. LibidoLoca

It seems like a good replacement, but I see the screen is a little on the small side (typing maybe difficult if your hands are on the big side) and the camera is okay with 3 megapixels. Other than that it looks like a solid phone.

14. the dmg

At least it's better than the Sidekick, and make sure that this exchange doesn't affect your actual upgrade (they do that sometimes if you're not paying attention). When's your upgrade due?

15. imaperson2

imaperson2 Bombastic

For those of us that haven't gotten the Samsung Galaxy S3, Best Buy will have it at $48 on Black Friday!

16. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

January

17. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

with a 2 yr plan?

18. imaperson2

imaperson2 Bombastic

Yes!

19. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

i've gotta find a way to get rid of all this bloatware on this exhibit II. too much unnecessary crappola

20. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Is there fees if I want to switch carriers to get a new phone? I was told back in October that I couldn't get an upgrade till March and I need a new phone ASAP, I heard there was a possibility of switching carriers to get a new plan and a new phone.

21. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

some places charge early termination fees up to 200

22. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I've read that you can sometimes get your new carrier to pay early cancellation fees from your prior one. I think that's more the case if you're going TMobile or Sprint though.

23. Trainwreck2100

Trainwreck2100 Well-Known Member

It's only 200 the first part of the contract, it issupposedto drop down in price the longer you have the phine

24. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

My sister has an Exhibit II and from playing around with it for a while, the whole phone seems like crappola. It feels cheap (which it is) but it seriously has the look and feel of a toy phone.

25. the dmg

Everyone, except for Verizon, looks to have the Galaxy S3 for around $50 with new contract or upgrade on Black Friday. Sam's Club has it for $0.96 with new contract but only for AT&T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.