The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Tech & Support' started by Thread Manager, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motown Marvel

Motown Marvel Crimson and Clover

Yeah! Just updated my droid razr maxx HD to jelly bean!

2. the dmg

the dmg The Funky Homosapien

Lol...I rock a screen protector as well, even though my phone has Gorilla Glass.
    OG Droid was awesome. I was jealous when my friends had that. My experience came from WM6/6.5, and Android felt much like that experience with the way that I could customize.
    Symbian is terribly out of date, IMO. The whole reason that Nokia went with Windows Phone was to get themselves noticed because Nokia was king.
    I hate you. :cmad:

3. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Got the iPhone 5 at AT&T this Friday, does anyone what types of warranties they provide for phones? Is it monthly or a yearly type of thing?

4. the dmg

I believe Apple themselves have a one year and two year warranty extension, but, to my knowledge, you have to go to the Apple Store and do that. I'm not sure if you had to have purchased at the store.

I don't know how it works with iPhones, but I don't think you can get standard insurance with them, which would be extremely stupid, IMO.

5. Motown Marvel

I really love this phone. Best I've ever owned.

6. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

How long does your Razr Maxx HD's battery last? :hmm

7. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

really like this phone way more than i thought i would and the battery life is phenomenal compared to my last 2 phones

BUT

got my phone bill and they charged me 4x the amount i was supposed to be charged for it. dreading the call but will call them tomorrow

8. Trainwreck2100

Trainwreck2100 Well-Known Member

Apple gave in and released google maps in their ap store

9. Motown Marvel

I've always been in the habit of charging my phone every night when I go to bed. But with regular use, I could probably go 3 days without charging it.

10. CConn

CConn Fountainhead of culture.

I forgot to charge my Note 2's battery last night, and I've been using it all morning today. My battery percentage? 50%.

11. the dmg

:cmad:
    Umm...how is that possible?
    :funny:

Wow...that's surprising, considering it means they're admitting the map app they have isn't up to par.

I usually charge my Bionic (extended battery) every other day with normal use.

12. Motown Marvel

allow me to revise what i said last: havent charged my droid razr maxxHD in three days, been using it regularly, and i'm currently at 38% battery. i could probably get into a fifth day before its drained.

13. LibidoLoca

:argh: I'm so jealous.

14. the dmg

Nice.
    How's the battery on the Lumia?

15. LibidoLoca

I've been getting about over a day with moderate (browsing, phone calls, texting) usage. Although, I fear I may get the dreaded battery bug plaguing WP8 devices, some are reporting 4 hour battery life. Hopefully, the "Portico" update fixes it so I won't have to worry.

16. the dmg

Not bad battery life.

I've read that the update will further improve battery life, along with other performance and stability issues. It doesn't say anything about the bug.

17. LibidoLoca

I've heard it rids the bug as well. In fact, some are reporting around 20 hours with very heavy usage. So I think I'm good with it. Although, I've heard some reporting that the Lumia's are having problems with the light sensor after the update. WPC (Windows Phone Central) believes it may have been caused by a different update, though. I haven't updated, yet, but plan to later on.

I'm now a little disconcerted about the seemingly mass exodus of developers from WP8. :( Intuit and small developers have been pulling their apps from the Windows Store and some report they are completely abandoning the ecosystem. They recommend users to switch to iOS or Android. So I may be coming back to the green bot if it gets more severe.

It's not all doom and gloom, though. WP is gaining market share, at least. :D

Oh and apparently, iOS has reclaimed the US as the leading smartphone OS. Huge thanks to the iPhone 5. :argh:

18. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Just got an Iphone 5, 32GB. This is an upgrade from my EVO Shift 4G.

19. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

apparently it was a glitch when the tech person put it in, they might've inserted something wrong. it's fixed now so yay

20. the dmg

The light sensor issue sucks, but hopefully gets fixed soon.
    Really? Did they give any reason why they're moving away from WP8?
    But they lose support, then it's no good.
    Yeah...they probably did something wrong. It's too strange.

21. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Nice, I've had mine for abouT 2 weeks now, **** is such an upgrade from my iphone 4

22. LibidoLoca

Here's the article: http://www.wpcentral.com/gopayment-abandons-windows-phone-asks-to-switch

It sounds like it could be a financial problem where they didn't have enough money to develop apps to support more than two platforms (iOS, Android) and decided to cut the fat. (WP) Or they just don't see Windows Phone as a priority just yet.

Sad since GoPayment is a very nice app for small businesses, and since it was the only one of its kind for WP, I can see some of those businesses not moving to the platform. What also hurts is that Intuit develops many apps that would be beneficial for such a group. :(

True that gaining market share doesn't matter when there's no support behind it. The whole thing is quite a paradox. Google even confirmed they wouldn't develop apps for WP, because they believe there isn't a big enough user base to justify it. Which is where the paradox comes in, developers want a bigger user base to develop apps for, but the user base will only grow if the developers develop the apps.

23. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Any app recommendations? I just got mine today and I'm planning to activate it.

24. the dmg

WP also isn't a viable choice yet, so they probably see no point. It reminds me of when Android first came to the market, there were a lot of iOS developers that stayed away from the platform.

WP has expanded their app market pretty fast, and I know that WP users are petitioning for Google to release their apps to the platform, so maybe it's a possibility.

On another note, CES is coming soon and I can't wait to see the newest gadgets.

25. LibidoLoca

I hope the petition does something (it most likely won't). In the mean time, I've grown used to "Bing"ing for stuff, using Nokia Maps and Drive and I love MetroTube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.