The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice. s3 is a great phone.
She loves it so far.
i'm still using my atrix running gingerbread (eff you moto)...i've been very patient but i've been itching to upgrade for the past 3 months. i think holding out for the new flagships will be worth it, though. i'm estimating another 2-3 month wait...sigh.
With moto, you get that rebate toward a new moto phone for any of their phones not getting ICS. Maybe wait on the announcement for the Motorola Google X.

Guys, hows the Galaxy Skyrocket? My wife refuses to pay for an upgrade and she likes the look and feel of the Skyrocket...

However, I dont know if it's a good decision or if I shou ld try to talk her into the Galaxy 3...Which probably won't work. :p

A coworker had one and I really didn't care for it. It's not bad, but I just didn't like the version of TouchWiz the phone used. I also have a severe pet peeve for phones with four capacitive buttons.

She loves it so far.

With moto, you get that rebate toward a new moto phone for any of their phones not getting ICS. Maybe wait on the announcement for the Motorola Google X.

the rumored announcement/release is far too long a wait for me...i'm patient, but i have my limits. :o

the rumored announcement/release is far too long a wait for me...i'm patient, but i have my limits. :o
We used my upgrade to get the SIII, so my wife's upgrade is in May, which is around the time that these phones should be coming out. I might wait until June/July to see if any new announcements for Fall come about, but if not, I'll pull the trigger on something.

So what is everyone's opinion on this sexy beast:

HTC-One-1.jpg
Behold the HTC One. Looks great, but I'm just not sure about it after HTC's past track record.

As a device, it looks nice. HTC has seemed to have a bad track record with phones since the Incredible. I think Beats is pretty pointless and an excuse to drive up the price. UI looks par for the course, I use Nova Launcher anyway so I wouldn't care. I like that it has buttons but home should be in the middle, not the HTC logo.

We used my upgrade to get the SIII, so my wife's upgrade is in May, which is around the time that these phones should be coming out. I might wait until June/July to see if any new announcements for Fall come about, but if not, I'll pull the trigger on something.

perfect timing. i think the moto x should be announced around then, at google's event. by then the s4 will also be released. the xperia z, as well.

for me, i'm hoping at&t picks up the xperia z so i can grab that if the s4 doesn't blow be away.

As a device, it looks nice. HTC has seemed to have a bad track record with phones since the Incredible. I think Beats is pretty pointless and an excuse to drive up the price. UI looks par for the course, I use Nova Launcher anyway so I wouldn't care. I like that it has buttons but home should be in the middle, not the HTC logo.

the button layout is nonsensical. they removed a button for the htc logo...and then shifted the home to the right of it. the designer should be fired immediately. the build quality looks great, but i do not trust htc and i don't think this is the phone to get them back into the game.

overall, the design of the phone is probably one of the best available, though. i think only the xperia z is sexier.

So what is everyone's opinion on this sexy beast:

HTC-One-1.jpg
Behold the HTC One. Looks great, but I'm just not sure about it after HTC's past track record.
The design is still okay, IMO.

The only thing I'm interested in about this phone is the Ultrapixel camera and the screen. And battery because HTC has been **** with their batteries for years. We'll see.
perfect timing. i think the moto x should be announced around then, at google's event. by then the s4 will also be released. the xperia z, as well.

for me, i'm hoping at&t picks up the xperia z so i can grab that if the s4 doesn't blow be away.
I'm really like the sharp design of the Z, but the only thing that might prevent me from getting one is the fact that the battery isn't removable. It's not a deal breaker though, but I'm still not a fan of it for a few reasons.

It reminds me of an Xperia S in the back and a BlackBerry Z10 in the front.

I would have preferred them just not using the HTC logo at all in the front. They should have kept the capacitive buttons from the One X.

What is everyone's opinion on the LG Optimus 4X HD? My brother wants it as a new phone. From what I read its specs are pretty on par with the One X and SIII and it had gotten some pretty good reviews. What's interesting about it for me is how similar it looks to the SII.

What is everyone's opinion on the LG Optimus 4X HD? My brother wants it as a new phone. From what I read its specs are pretty on par with the One X and SIII and it had gotten some pretty good reviews. What's interesting about it for me is how similar it looks to the SII.

it's a solid phone, but i would probably wait 2 months for the s4 or xperia z. if he's gonna keep it for more than a year, i always recommend waiting just a bit for the new flagships.

also, i don't know if the lg optimus 4x hd is even running jelly bean? i would take the s3 over that.

I just googled it and it appears it does have Jelly Bean. He really likes the design, and I did recommend the Xperia Z and told him about the eventual S4. He'll probably wait and see, but he really wants this phone.

I just googled it and it appears it does have Jelly Bean. He really likes the design, and I did recommend the Xperia Z and told him about the eventual S4. He'll probably wait and see, but he really wants this phone.

i see. i mean it's a nice phone; if he makes the decision fully informed, that's his to make. i think the design on the optimus is pretty darn nice, too. i just think it's a cheaper, less premium looking xperia z.

im not sure about the blackberry LiLo. i liked all the ones i've had in the past, for i really like the whole android thing now

android is taking over. the competition is feeling more and more dated.

also, the alleged s4 image looks pretty good; i much prefer a boxier look. looks like we don't have long to wait until its announcement on the 14th.

I fear that Android may become too powerful in the near future, and eventual mobile monoply may occur. If Apple starts losing even the slightest grip on their die-hards, than my fear may very well become reality. I truly want this mobile industry to be a four-horse race, whether they're iOS, Android, WP, BB, Ubuntu, Sailfish or Firefox OS.

incentive for all the OS's to evolve or die.

android won't be a monopoly...at least no more than ios was a couple years ago. a new competitor will always be ready to enter the fray.

Apple wouldn't be having a problem if their phones had actual innovation, like they did when they first came out. Their biggest one for the 5 was 4g for christ's sake

Samsung Galaxy S IV to Feature Snapdragon 600 and LCD Display?

boots4.jpg

If true, than goodbye to it's potential uniqueness. Although, I'm definitely liking the idea of it being more square like the GS2.
I like the squarer look of it as well. I think the phone not having the Octa (most likely the Note III now) is a deal breaker for the tech hungry. This phone will still perform well with Quad core, and it's already gained a huge market for itself.

So Nokia apparently is waiting out to see WP is successful and is not introducing Pureview 41mpx Windows phone, yet. And there are some murmurs that Nokia does have a Plan B that may involve Jolla and Sailfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"