The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm a Free Phone kinda guy, I just ordered a Droid Bionic as my upgrade. The reviews look really good so, I'm hoping it will be a huge improvement over my Incredible.

Much better choice than the Charge :up:

Much better choice than the Charge :up:
So I've read. I remember back when it launched, several people here were raving on it. AND!!! It WILL be getting Ice Cram Sandwich!!!

I got the iPhone 4S on Friday. I'm having fun playing with all the different apps.

Got my Bionic last night. Loving it so far. Huge screen, easy interface. ONly gripe is that the "Home" and "menu" buttons are reversed from their layout on my Incredible.

How's everyone feel about Verizon's new family share plans? Looks like if I upgrade after this month. Ill pay 40 for a smartphone plus 50 for 1GB of data... wtf..

As opposed to my 30 for Unlimited amount of data now.

How's everyone feel about Verizon's new family share plans? Looks like if I upgrade after this month. Ill pay 40 for a smartphone plus 50 for 1GB of data... wtf..

As opposed to my 30 for Unlimited amount of data now.

i havent heard much about this plan. i know when they went to the tiered pricing plan for data, those who already had unlimited data plans were being grandfathered in. which is my situation. will this new thing affect that at all?

unrelated, they need to release the droid razr HD now.

As I've read. For those who are grandfathered in are safe. Those who upgrade passed I think the date is june 28th, will have to pay differently for a family share plan or a single plan. Which is a lot more overall. :down

Got my Bionic last night. Loving it so far. Huge screen, easy interface. ONly gripe is that the "Home" and "menu" buttons are reversed from their layout on my Incredible.

Yeah, hardware manufacturers for Android just can't seem to find a button lay out they're satisfied with for very long

for those with Android Phones who like to shop, I highly recommend you download the ShopKick app. you get points for scanning items in stores which you can redeem for gift cards. you can also earn points at some stores just by walking in!

i've already gotten one giftcard that i used at BestBuy.

here's a download link.
Shopkick App

I have the Bionic, too. It's my first Android phone but I've had no major problems. Only thing that seems to happen is that sometimes, I stop getting Email alerts when I receive something and it will be stuck in Refreshing. Only solution is taking out the battery. I have the Otterbox Commuter case, definitely recommend it if you want a case.

I have the Bionic, too. It's my first Android phone but I've had no major problems. Only thing that seems to happen is that sometimes, I stop getting Email alerts when I receive something and it will be stuck in Refreshing. Only solution is taking out the battery. I have the Otterbox Commuter case, definitely recommend it if you want a case.

I had a similar problem with my Incredible. Installed MailDroid, and it never happened again.

Also finding I'm not too happy with the calendar and calculator. Off to the market I go. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have K9 Mail but it doesn't always give me a notification, so I just deal with the stock one.

I use RealCalc Scientific Calculator and Smooth Calendar. If you want to take screen caps, SreenGrabber works without rooting (just have to change an option in the menu to get it to work on the Bionic).

Pre-ordered a GS3 through Verizon last week... can't wait to get it!

RealCalc was overkill but Smooth Calendar is nice. Loving the battery in this thing!

I'm waiting to see what the US Galaxy S III specs look like first. I have the GSII and love it. I'm sure other phones will be announced before November as well, so I say wait it out. :up:

A guy here at work just got the EVO 4G LTE. It's a good phone, fast. The only thing I don't like about it is the Sense 4.0. It's got some bugs (multitasking) that I'm sure will be worked out in future updates, but if you can hold out, I'd go for the S3. Samsung generally puts out a Vanilla version of Android with very little modifications, which I think is much better. But that's a personal taste.

In either case, they are both good phones. And don't be upset if you get one and something amazing comes out the following month. There will ALWAYS be something bigger and better coming out "in just a few months." :)

I forgot to ever check back here. Thanks for the advice. The Galaxy S3 is looking to definitely replace my EVO, as long as something better doesn't get in it's way :yay:

Hey guys looking for a little help/info. I am looking to get a new holster for my droid 2. I currently have the one that came from verizon that was the plastic/hardcase with the textured pattern.

But a few days ago around the clip area broke. I was able to super glue it back together. And its so far been holding up well. But I know it won't last long. Issue is verizon stores/warehouse no longer carry the holster clip since its over two yrs old. And only place I seen is amazon that has various different ones. I am thinking of doing that.

But I wanted to ask some questions about the various leather holsters with magnetic clasps. I seen at verizon stores, best buy, five blow, grocey stores/dollar stores. My question is has any one with a driod 2/otherr simular andriod phones run into any issues with them.

Since I have read online they varey from certain folks/cell phones having no problems at all. To the magnetic clasp causing phones to go to dock mode, drain batteries, or cause other glitchs/issues. I just looking to see what is the best option I should go with for new holster.

Hey guys looking for a little help/info. I am looking to get a new holster for my droid 2. I currently have the one that came from verizon that was the plastic/hardcase with the textured pattern.

But a few days ago around the clip area broke. I was able to super glue it back together. And its so far been holding up well. But I know it won't last long. Issue is verizon stores/warehouse no longer carry the holster clip since its over two yrs old. And only place I seen is amazon that has various different ones. I am thinking of doing that.

But I wanted to ask some questions about the various leather holsters with magnetic clasps. I seen at verizon stores, best buy, five blow, grocey stores/dollar stores. My question is has any one with a driod 2/otherr simular andriod phones run into any issues with them.

Since I have read online they varey from certain folks/cell phones having no problems at all. To the magnetic clasp causing phones to go to dock mode, drain batteries, or cause other glitchs/issues. I just looking to see what is the best option I should go with for new holster.
I used to use the belt clip years ago. Then my phone fell out of it and went swimming in a puddle. Ever since then, my phone has lived in my pocket.

Going to be Switching over from TMO to Sprint in a Few Months........defintely think I'm going to go with the GS3 :awesome:

i heard the iphone is coming to tmobile, can anyone confirm or deny?

So far the rumor is that they will be the only carrier not to get the iPhone 5, because it will be an LTE phone. However, they are expanding their 3G band and the rumor is that the iPhone 4S may be coming. Nothing confirmed yet though.

I am running a Samsung Captivate still (yes, an original Galaxy S series phone) on AT&T and I freaking love it.

Why? I ROMed the bastard and it does exactly what I freaking want.

AT&T and Samsung said it cant run Ice Cream Sandwich. WRONG...running it and it freaking rocks.

Sorry for my rant there.

:) I am thinking its about time to upgrade though...

Malice,

Yes. I might be behind the times a bit, but I have a Optimus V and I got tired of the slowness, the bloat, and everything that I got with it and couldn't remove it.

I flashed the ROM last week, and been loving it ever since, IMO. Battery life has increased pretty well too. Nothing amazing, but good enough for me at any rate.

Google announced Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) yesterday at Google I/O and pushed it to a few devices they gave away. Lo' and Behold, This morning I saw that some developers already have a ROM for my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean. Backed up, Flashed....Hot damn!! Loving it!

Is 32 Gig the highest Hard Drive for the Samsung Galaxy X3 ? & will it ever come with a Black version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"