The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the US, 32gb is the highest, but it does have a micro sd slot that can support up to 64gb cards. So far they just have the white and dark blue. Not sure if a black one is coming out.

AT&T will also release a red version later this summer which is odd, because it was my understanding they refused to carry a red phone because the color is synonymis with Verizon

Woah, that is weird. I guess when it comes to a popular phone like the GSIII, they are willing to make an exception.

Any one have some helpful info on question I asked a few days ago?

I looked around and amazon was cheaper place to find a simular hard holster. Any help on questions I had on megnetic ones?

Last edited:
Yeah, I would stay clear of magnetic ones. Some say that if you put the phone in it with the screen facing you, it won't turn on by itself. However some have said that it doesn't matter, they turn on no matter which way you put it in. I would play it safe and not bother with them.

Ya I heard that too and heard folks not have issue. Also would a magnet in one of those holster be strong enough to screw up a credit card if you had it in pocket with it?

Magnetic ones with Motorola phones can be particularly troublesome, they will often put them in car dock mode

So should I wait & see what the next iPhone has to offer ? Or take a chance on the Samsung Galaxy S3 in August ?

Last edited:
So should I wait & see what the next iPhone has to offer ? Or take a chance on the Samsung Galaxy S3 in August ?

The Galaxy S3 is a great phone and well worth getting. Who knows what the iPhone 5 will have and how big of step above (if at all) it'll be over the S3. The one thing to keep in mind, as I've said before, is there will always be a new phone around the corner that'll be a step above what you just purchased. If you delay buying a phone because you're worried about what the next phone will have, you'll never buy one.

I saw this thread and this was the exact question I wanted to ask.

My only question about the Galaxy is the battery life. I have the Thunderbolt and feel I have to charge it twice a day now.

Unfortunately, Thunderbolt is notorious for poor battery life. From the reviews I have read for the GSIII, reviewers were getting a full day of heavy to moderate use with a single charge.

Well I'm due for an upgrade but I might as well wait for either the Samsung Galaxy or the iPhone 5.

Yeah, I have a few friends doing the same thing. It would make it a lot easier if Apple would at least announce when the phone is coming out.

If I purchased any Wi-Fi only iPad. Would I need to pay any extra fees like you have to with 3G ?

No. All you need is a WiFi hotspot and you are good to go.

No. All you need is a WiFi hotspot and you are good to go.

Would I be able to connect an iPad to a phone that uses that program you linked to. Get that iPad online from that as well ?

Yep. It turns your phone into a WiFi Hotspot. I just did that with my Vita actually. Used my Phone as a Hotspot and the Vita picked it up really quick. No problems at all.

Yep. It turns your phone into a WiFi Hotspot. I just did that with my Vita actually. Used my Phone as a Hotspot and the Vita picked it up really quick. No problems at all.

Cool since I already pay for 3G on my phone that would be helpful

Just remember that the WiFi strength is only as strong as your 3G signal is and in most cases, that's not very fast. Still, it saves a bunch of money this way.

Just remember that the WiFi strength is only as strong as your 3G signal is and in most cases, that's not very fast. Still, it saves a bunch of money this way.

I think I would have the save money option. Because when I am out & would want to get my iPad online. Just use my phones 3G connection & just do the basic stuff. Like Twitter, Facebook, Words With Friends etc. So this is good enough my friend. Especially for when my main Wifi Connection goes down & my other network is up. It will be nice to still go online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"