The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

i must still be of the minority who hates phones that big. i hated upgrading to an 8plus. i dont want any phone bigger than that ever

i must still be of the minority who hates phones that big. i hated upgrading to an 8plus. i dont want any phone bigger than that ever

Oh agreed 100%. With all this bezel-less all screen tech we're seeing these days it's baffling why we haven't seen compact versions of flagship phones. A phone with high-end specs, a terrific camera, and a screen anywhere from 4.6" to 5.2", and with an all screen design it'd fit great in the hand.

It's rumored Apple is working on an iPhone SE2, which would be great. Might look something like this:
iphonese3gif.gif

no way lol

also, i don't want a fully touch screen phone. that's why i haven't upgraded to the new iphones

no way lol

also, i don't want a fully touch screen phone. that's why i haven't upgraded to the new iphones
But it folds in half to make it more compact.

Just picked up a XZ2 Compact from Best Buy in Moss Green. Terrific deal, picked it up for under $500.

Flagship specs in a 5" display that's just a tad bit smaller than an iPhone 8. Camera is terrific as well, single lens portrait mode similar to Pixel 3. Loving it. If you're a fan of smaller smartphones, this is worth considering. The coral one is on clearance for under $400

DSCF9982-1024x612.jpg

So what does this mean for the Huawei Mate X?

So what does this mean for the Huawei Mate X?

Depends on what deal they made with Google prior to launch. It's possible it still ships with Android Pie, who knows at this point. It doesn't launch until June or July, and with the administration being what they are, it's also possible the ban is lifted by then. The only thing you can do is patiently wait and see what happens.

Seems like current devices from Huawei will continue to receive security updates, which is good for now.

My guess is that this ban is lifted within the next couple of months.

Depends on what deal they made with Google prior to launch. It's possible it still ships with Android Pie, who knows at this point. It doesn't launch until June or July, and with the administration being what they are, it's also possible the ban is lifted by then. The only thing you can do is patiently wait and see what happens.

Seems like current devices from Huawei will continue to receive security updates, which is good for now.

My guess is that this ban is lifted within the next couple of months.
Until Trump tries to start it again cause something annoyed him.

Seems like chaos with these techs at the moment with all the politics involved.

So I'm trying to upgrade from my V30 or side grade to a phone that works on Verizon. I'm leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus or Google Pixel 3a XL. What do you guys think?

So I decided on a Samsung Galaxy S10+. I got it on sale so the monthly payments aren't bad.

How does it feel?

How does it feel?
Very tall. I usually replace the main UI with Nova Launcher, but I didn't feel the need to on this phone. I like it. I honestly thought I wouldn't notice much of a difference from my V30, but I like the camera, display, and the overall experience better. It feels like a good all around phone.

How do you like the camera night mode on the S10+? I just got it on my S9+ and it's quite good.

How do you like the camera night mode on the S10+? I just got it on my S9+ and it's quite good.
I have not tested it yet. Still getting used to some of the features on the phone. I really don't like Bixby.

I have not tested it yet. Still getting used to some of the features on the phone. I really don't like Bixby.
Yeah but fortunately you can disable the button if you have no use for Bixby.

Or use a third-party app to choose a function for that button.

Yeah but fortunately you can disable the button if you have no use for Bixby.

Or use a third-party app to choose a function for that button.
My camera is the Bixby button and I've disabled Bixby Home from my launcher.

My camera is the Bixby button and I've disabled Bixby Home from my launcher.
There's a setting in the camera that allows you to quick launch it by double-pressing the power button, in case you want another function for the Bixby button.

I see that you use Nova Launcher. The Prime version is quite worth it if you have some spare changes to spend on.

The new iPhones this year aren't expected to have 5G are they?

Huawei just announced Harmony OS as their Google Android replacement.

It always comes full circle

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"