The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

I’ve done the upgrade for the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Should be arriving in the post any day now.
What color. That Navy one is calling my name tbh.

What color. That Navy one is calling my name tbh.
That’s the one. Haha, just picked it up actually. Also got navy Series 6 Watch coming to match.

Got them both now. Both beautiful and look really good together. The watch is a big improvement to my Series 3.

My wife is stressed that samsung is ditching their Note series.

Is there anything she can do?

Got them both now. Both beautiful and look really good together. The watch is a big improvement to my Series 3.

in what way? i read somewhere that they're very similar?

in what way? i read somewhere that they're very similar?
The display doesn’t turn off when my hand is in the wrong position, and the watch face is bigger and clearer with all the digits in bigger font and apps in bigger size. Everything feels more responsive too. The navy version also just looks a lot better to me than the black one. This is 3 series difference so I guess I’m noticing more than someone who is trading up from a more recent version.

The display doesn’t turn off when my hand is in the wrong position, and the watch face is bigger and clearer with all the digits in bigger font and apps in bigger size. Everything feels more responsive too. The navy version also just looks a lot better to me than the black one. This is 3 series difference so I guess I’m noticing more than someone who is trading up from a more recent version.

how is the battery life? i don't mind the display turning off, i'd rather not have it constantly on anyways.

also, does it measure blood oxygen? i think i read that's a new feature on this one

how is the battery life? i don't mind the display turning off, i'd rather not have it constantly on anyways.

also, does it measure blood oxygen? i think i read that's a new feature on this one
I haven’t noticed the difference yet but I always charge it at night regardless of what’s left as I don’t want it to run out the next day. I read that blood oxygen was a feature but I haven’t had time to try anything new yet.

So Harmony OS is nothing but a fork of Android.

That Huawei Mate X2 is like the Fold 2, but fully realized. Damn imagine if Huawei hadn't been shut out.

That Huawei Mate 40 is amazing.

huawei-mate40-pro-plus-1.jpg

upgraded my phone had a LG Xpression Plus for almost 3 years got a Samsung Galaxy A11

upgraded my phone had a LG Xpression Plus for almost 3 years got a Samsung Galaxy A11
Nice. My brother was looking at the A21 or A51 too. That line has gotten better since they went with the punch hole design.

I like it so far my friend has a S10 and it is very similar right down to the 3 cameras and flash on the upper rear. i have a otter box case from amazon coming tomorrow.

Damn Huawei being so sexy with their designs.

So, it's official:
LG leaves behind more than a flip phone-shaped hole in our hearts

A bit late to the news, but I liked my G4 from few years ago. Then it died due to the infamous bootloop issue... I still have it and am thinking of getting it repaired if the costs are low so it can be re-used as a DAP.
I wanted the V10 (then V20) after I heard about the DAC, but ended up waiting for it until I got my V30+. I would still be using that phone had it been Verizon compatible.

Am I stupid for wanting a Huawei Mate 40 and just sideload Google Play services on it?

It's exterior display is still too small. :argh:

I think I'll wait until the Iphone 13 or 12S or whatever comes out. It should hit in a couple of months. I need to replace my iPad too. Mine is so old that I can't update the software anymore. It doesn't matter that much except I can't even get twitter to work on it. I don't use it much anyway, so it's more of a minor inconvenience than a problem. I think 6th (or whatever) gen (mini) will be hitting the market soon. I've heard towards the end of the year.

A friend of mine has an iWatch and likes it because he can take calls without futzing with his phone. He manufactures juggling clubs and is always getting calls during work hours. It allows him to take orders while working and causes him less interruptions.

I should probably get a new computer at some point.......I tend to buy when new and keep until it has completely outlived its usefulness. Usually about 6-7 years.

Last edited:
I think I'll wait until the Iphone 13 or 12S or whatever comes out. It should hit in a couple of months. I need to replace my iPad too. Mine is so old that I can't update the software anymore. It doesn't matter that much except I can't even get twitter to work on it. I don't use it much anyway, so it's more of a minor inconvenience than a problem. I think 6th (or whatever) gen (mini) will be hitting the market soon. I've heard towards the end of the year.

A friend of mine has an iWatch and likes it because he can take calls without futzing with his phone. He manufactures juggling clubs and is always getting calls during work hours. It allows him to take orders while working and causes him less interruptions.

I should probably get a new computer at some point.......I tend to buy when new and keep until it has completely outlived its usefulness. Usually about 6-7 years.
Rumor has it, the 13 will have no charging port. It will only have wireless charging and Bluetooth connectivity. Apple will have completed its mission to eliminate all ports from their devices requiring their users to use expensive accessories.

My next phone is probably going to be a Samsung as Nokia hasn't done anything exciting since the Nokia 9 Pureview flopped so hard, Surface Duo was a software disaster upon launch, and Google's Pixel 4 XL was a dud. The iPhone 12 is enticing since I love that design language from the iPhone 5, but ultimately it's still Apple which means my Galaxy Watch and Buds won't work with it. :( I just hope they find a better design for the cameras in the S22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"