The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

So upgraded to a Z Flip 3 and I would love the phone if it weren't for the screen issue. It being a folding phone, I knew the risk in the purchase, but doing more research Samsung Care is a necessity for it. I don't want to spend an extra $12 a month, so it's probably going back to the store.

I decided to do a trial run to see if I still feel the same. I have until April 28th to return the phone.

I've had mine since launch and have had zero issues. It did take some time getting use to it though, the screen that is.

I've had mine since launch and have had zero issues. It did take some time getting use to it though, the screen that is.
I really like the phone and the wow factor when I shut it in front of people. :hehe:

There are some quirks, but I'll get used to it. Just concerned about the screen breaking eventually.

I got this one:

b362548-3.jpg

But I got a black case. :funny:

Haha. I ordered the black one, but they sent me the green one. I got a black case. I wouldn't worry about the screen though. I guess it depends one when you plan on replacing it though.

Edit: The reaction to closing it in front of people, is priceless.

So allegedly the iPhone 14 will have punchholes in place of a notch (a pill shape one for the dot projector and a circle for the camera). iPhone Flip is still a fan dream though. Once Apple does one, we'll see an uptick in folding phones.

I don’t think I’m interested in a flip phone ever again.

unihertz-titan-slim_hvpx.3840.jpg

What monster moves the function keys to the top and put a space bar between V and B? I wanted the Key2 when it came out, but this sad clone from Unihertz is a no.

google-pixel-7-series-first-look.jpg

Idk. I think I preferred the 6 camera bar.

This is what the Surface Duo was originally going to have on it, not Android but a new version of Windows. It was meant to be a digital notebook.

They ditched the retro Razr style. :(

They ditched the retro Razr style. :(

Disappointing for sure when they could've been really creative with the little chin on the bottom:
  • Better speakers (maybe a partnership with JBL or Marshall?)
  • Fit an extendable stylus (think those extendable kids lightsabers)
  • Notification light strip
  • Touch-sensitive bar across the chin (think trackpad or MacBook touch bar use-cases)
Maybe they'll take the feedback to heart and bring back the OG Razr aesthetic, one can only hope.

Found an old Samsung phone in my mothers things. Still works. It’s a galaxy J3 lol. It is asking to be updated. Why not lol

Anyone else surprised Amazon hasn't tried an Echo Phone yet? I figured a newer version of the Fire Phone with Alexa as the main assistant like its Fire Tablets would be easy money. Make it affordable and midrange and aim it at kids and people who aren't tech nerds. Every holiday do bundle deals with Echo Buds, Echo Speakers, Kindle or Fire Tablet.

Anyone else surprised Amazon hasn't tried an Echo Phone yet? I figured a newer version of the Fire Phone with Alexa as the main assistant like its Fire Tablets would be easy money. Make it affordable and midrange and aim it at kids and people who aren't tech nerds. Every holiday do bundle deals with Echo Buds, Echo Speakers, Kindle or Fire Tablet.

The fire phone bombed so hard that im not surprised they've left that market as is

The fire phone bombed so hard that im not surprised they've left that market as is
Bezos chose such a strange and near useless gimmick with that 3D perspective.

im not sure i was even aware of a fire phone

Yes! OnePlus taking this and bringing it over to the States would be amazing!

Found an old Samsung phone in my mothers things. Still works. It’s a galaxy J3 lol. It is asking to be updated. Why not lol
my dad has the same phone! I got it from a friend years ago for free with a case and my dad had this crappy TCL phone that was always giving him problems both were tracfones so I just swapped the sim card to the new one updated his log in info and boom now he is happy. his biggest gripe was he had a hell of a time swiping the icons to answer phones the J3 has a physical button he can hit to answer and or end calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"