The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you're getting at. That what we're seeing on the cover is the pocket his CK clothes were in? Where does the cape attach when he's Superman? That big pocket is in the way. And why would he need such a big pocket if he super-compressed the clothes? So you're saying the MOS suit needs a pocket for the CK clothes??

If that's the kind of movie you're after, then you're perfectly welcomed to it. But, yikes. And you think having no trunks would make the movie look silly...

So? Nic Cage as Superman. In MY opinion, definitely not how I want Superman. But you weren't expressing your opinion as an opinion (shocking!), you were arguing it as fact and ended up contradicting yourself. See the kinds of changes that can be made and it still be recognizable as Superman?

No, the cover was the just the cape from the top, you thought it was some sort of poncho, which is weird, so I posted a clearer picture of how the shirt and cape comes off.

The pouch for Clark's clothes is on the back of the cape, about where the \S/ is.

As for the Nic Cage costume, which looks a lot like the MOS costume, I guess any costume which is blue, has an \S/ and a red cape can be said to look like Superman, but it looked horrid and while the MOS costume is a lot better, it still looks off.

So does anyone else think Snyder has been using Superman: Flyby as inspiration for the visuals?

plus I think he has the advantage of following up returns and it being it's own film

returns had to live up to the CR films which I would think is not a easy task

kuro I would have to respectfully disagree on the lives and MoS suits other than not having trunks they are nothing alike in my eyes

different texture color symbol fabric and over all appearence

that's like saying a revolver and a semi automatic pistol are them same since they are both made of metal and shoot bullets when in reality they are completely different

Last edited:
Nic Cage's suit is purple and pink almost and has....well Nic Cage in it. What in the hell were those people thinking?

Superman is more than just his suit. But its how people recognise him. Does this costume scream superman. Yes. And thats what matters astetically. Now its down to script and cavill to deliver the magic. Which I firmly believe he will.

Well put.

I really want to see how he pulls off a american accent

there are few and far between actors I feel that can 100% lose the big ben voice and sound american

even bale slips up once and a while worst I've heard is Gerard butler best I've heard is Gary oldman

suprisingly true blood has a couple that are good

No, the cover was the just the cape from the top, you thought it was some sort of poncho, which is weird, so I posted a clearer picture of how the shirt and cape comes off.

The pouch for Clark's clothes is on the back of the cape, about where the \S/ is.

A poncho came to mind because of the perfectly circular hole. There's cape material surrounding the hole completely, like if a hole was cut in the middle of a table cloth. I would've expected it to look something like this:
DCC10484.jpg

As for the Nic Cage costume, which looks a lot like the MOS costume, I guess any costume which is blue, has an \S/ and a red cape can be said to look like Superman, but it looked horrid and while the MOS costume is a lot better, it still looks off.

Agreed that it's horrid. And it has similar elements, for sure, but I wouldn't say it looks "a lot" like it. MOS suit has different material, different texture, size of collar, S-Shield design, cape attachment, lack of Burton Batman-esque musculature, a more Superman-like actor in it. And that's just from the waist up. I don't think I've seen a pic of the full Cage Superman suit.

Last edited:
American accents are really not that difficult to impersonate. Bit to deliver a perfect accent you have to look no further than hugh laurie. Pitch perfect. However Clarks accent would be kansas surley. His superman voice should sound different to that. I personally don't think it will be a problem. It can't be worse than dick van dykes london accent in mary poppins.

To me, the iconic part of Superman suit is not the trunks. It's not the cape, the boots, or even the blue suit. It the \S/. This is what everyone immediately identifies as Superman. I know other characters wear it, but we still call it a Superman symbol. Every tattoo artist has done them. Countless people have t-shirts with it on them. It's everywhere. That's an icon! This suit has it, and it seems to be very well done.

The Nic Cage picture has it to, but that one just looks weird. Actually, it's not the symbol that's weird, it's Nic. The forehead, that hair, he'd look weird in any outfit.

I really want to see how he pulls off a american accent

there are few and far between actors I feel that can 100% lose the big ben voice and sound american

even bale slips up once and a while worst I've heard is Gerard butler best I've heard is Gary oldman

suprisingly true blood has a couple that are good

Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers and the tv show Life is AMAZING at hiding his accent. I didn't know until fairly recently that he was British. Blew. My. Mind.

[YT]MTRZRRlA4sw[/YT]

[YT]FhoivqiUVOY[/YT]

Has HC done anything where he's had to hide his accent??

plus I think he has the advantage of following up returns and it being it's own film

returns had to live up to the CR films which I would think is not a easy task

kuro I would have to respectfully disagree on the lives and MoS suits other than not having trunks they are nothing alike in my eyes

different texture color symbol fabric and over all appearence

that's like saying a revolver and a semi automatic pistol are them same since they are both made of metal and shoot bullets when in reality they are completely different

The Nic Cage suit is more of a slick rubber piece whereas the MOS costume is a more textured catsuit looking affair.

Main thing they have in common is they both suck.

Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers and the tv show Life is AMAZING at hiding his accent. I didn't know until fairly recently that he was British. Blew. My. Mind.

[YT]MTRZRRlA4sw[/YT]

[YT]FhoivqiUVOY[/YT]

Hugh Laurie comes to mind, as well.

To me, the iconic part of Superman suit is not the trunks. It's not the cape, the boots, or even the blue suit. It the \S/. This is what everyone immediately identifies as Superman. I know other characters wear it, but we still call it a Superman symbol. Every tattoo artist has done them. Countless people have t-shirts with it on them. It's everywhere. That's an icon! This suit has it, and it seems to be very well done.

Exactly.

I'm really very curious to know more about the people who wanted the trunks gone. I simply can't think of Superman without trunks, or the yellow S on the cape for that matter. The image is just too engrained in me going back to when I was a kid. I mean... it's superman... someone please explain the mentality

[YT]MTRZRRlA4sw[/YT]

[YT]FhoivqiUVOY[/YT]

good points.

ryan kwanten from true blood as actually australian and when i found out i was surprised then angry and then disappointed because i like his charatcer and believe the actor was really from the american south

I'm really very curious to know more about the people who wanted the trunks gone. I simply can't think of Superman without trunks, or the yellow S on the cape for that matter. The image is just too engrained in me going back to when I was a kid. I mean... it's superman... someone please explain the mentality

In a movie, it looks great this way. Not that he couldn't have kept the trunks, as I think Superman is maybe the only character that could do that successfully.

As a teenager I couldn't think of Batman without trunks, greay spandex and blue cape.

I wouldn't know, since I didn't really care if he kept them or not. I think Superman is awesome enough to pull off either look to be honest.:woot:

In a movie, it looks great this way.

As a teenager I couldn't think of Batman without trunks, greay spandex and blue cape.

But it just doesn't.... honestly, chris reeve still looks the most like superman, I don't care what today's society's fashion trends dictate. I'm a flaming liberal, and I strive to be uber-empathetic...but I simply can't get my head around how anyone being truly honest with themselves would think that this new suit looks good or inspires a feeling of "Superman." It looks like what some 15 year old with self esteem issues would design after being bullied about liking Superman. Just try to let yourself not care that other people think undies on superman look stupid and maybe you'll realize you'll like how Superman has looked all along. I simply can't digest how people can be so absorbed about what others think and allow classic americana to slowly be destroyed by cynicism, shame, and aimless postmodernism.

Shabadoo said:
There are a few clips of Hellraiser: Hellworld on YT where Henry does an American accent. It's not the best, and it's a few years old. He actually worked with a vocal coach for Cold Light of Day, so I imagine its improved.

You want someone to explain to you why they prefer him not to wear underwear on the outside?

You want someone to explain to you why they prefer him not to wear underwear on the outside?

Well yeah... I mean for god's sake, it's Superman, he's been wearing the trunks on the outside for a long damn time... you become a fan as a kid because of the bright colors, the powers, the morality lessons and the cool action... it's all one package and you don't really question it, you just love it. I'm asking at what point does a Superman fan start becoming of ashamed of this element or that element realizing how fantastical it is and want to start changing things. Maybe the problem isn't Superman, maybe... you've just outgrown it?

But it just doesn't.... honestly, chris reeve still looks the most like superman, I don't care what today's society's fashion trends dictate. I'm a flaming liberal, and I strive to be uber-empathetic...but I simply can't get my head around how anyone being truly honest with themselves would think that this new suit looks good or inspires a feeling of "Superman." It looks like what some 15 year old with self esteem issues would design after being bullied about liking Superman. Just try to let yourself not care that other people think undies on superman look stupid and maybe you'll realize you'll like how Superman has looked all along. I simply can't digest how people can be so absorbed about what others think and allow classic americana to slowly be destroyed by cynicism, shame, and aimless postmodernism.

I hardly see this new design as the beginning of the end of the United States. But it's funny how you have tyo assume that people who like the trunkless suit are being self-deceptive and totally under the influence of other people. Sorry but they're not.

I could say Reeve's suit looked like a rental, with a ridiculously short cape and evident home-made sewing. But, as I said, Superman can get away with both designs.

Just because we don't mind him not having trunks doesn't mean a person is ashamed of Superman and what he wears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"