The Official Costume Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lee's new Superman is taking this idea, then this looks exactly similar to what I was thinking they should do (for the film, not the comics...sorta) that I posted sometime ago.

Does that mean I did this to Superman...?

Looks like a cross between "ultimate Superman"

ultimate_dc_01.jpg

and Conner-Superman

tumblr_l8wvozeU6H1qddaauo1_500.jpg

-the belt buckle still has a compartment in it, but instead of holding a Kryptonite Ring in it, this will now be where Superman stores his Clark Kent clothes....AND....vise versa......

That's not straying too far from the classic Superman tales of old. During the 60s, Supes used to have his Clark Kent suits made of a special material and he could fold them up and stash them in a hidden inside pocket on his cape.

Funny thing about the high collar...they never explained it in the FF movies when Johnny flames on :p

I think you're taking my comment a bit too seriously. And I'm sorry, but a comic where Superman takes a karate class and hides a tiny costume in his mouth isn't exactly going to find its way onto my "must read" list any time soon.

It's actually part 1 of one of the best Superman storylines ever written, and the angle with the costume is important to the story. Where else would he store his costume if he's wearing a Gi? I know it's silly and crazy, but within the context of the story it actually works.

It's actually part 1 of one of the best Superman storylines ever written, and the angle with the costume is important to the story. Where else would he store his costume if he's wearing a Gi? I know it's silly and crazy, but within the context of the story it actually works.

I'd definitely like to give it a read.

LoL. It is getting worse. You guys are going to freak out... Shirt rip no more...

"-KNEEPADS attached to new designed bulky boots
-the Yellow "S" on the back of Superman's cape has been removed
-the belt buckle still has a compartment in it, but instead of holding a Kryptonite Ring in it, this will now be where Superman stores his Clark Kent clothes....AND....vise versa......
-Superman's belt is now reversible, meaning he wears it as both Clark Kent and as Superman and stores the suit he's not wearing in it"

Just saw it on Superman Homepage. A poster there said it. Might be false but still...

:barf:

Yeah, sounds like it's false.

Hey, people on my FB say that DC stole my Superman design. WTF are they talking about? I don't read comics.

Hey, people on my FB say that DC stole my Superman design. WTF are they talking about? I don't read comics.

Yeah, right. Hey, sue DC! Everybody wants to do that nowadays! :cwink:

other than the high collar, which has been used in various Superman redesigns, i don't really see any resemblance. you still workin' on that Zod design? when you gonna unveil it dude?

KrypJonian said:
You forgot the yellow oval, which has also caused some controversy over the years....

Not to the average Joe. We're talking about them here, not people like us.

KrypJonian said:
And leave out the trunks... You think people wouldn't recognize him?

If, next Halloween, I decided to be Superman without the trunks, you really think anyone would question who I was?

They'd probably tell you that you're doing it wrong.

If Lee's new Superman is taking this idea, then this looks exactly similar to what I was thinking they should do (for the film, not the comics...sorta) that I posted sometime ago.

Does that mean I did this to Superman...?

yes you total bastard :D

The new costume has that it-could-be-alien look which I think makes sense as the suit's origin.
I don't like it when the suit and shield are attributed to the minds of Pa and Ma Kent.
The suit and shield should be alien in origin.
It kinda looks like what Nic Cage would have worn in Superman Lives, doesn't it?

The new costume has that it-could-be-alien look which I think makes sense as the suit's origin.
I don't like it when the suit and shield are attributed to the minds of Pa and Ma Kent.
The suit and shield should be alien in origin.
It kinda looks like what Nic Cage would have worn in Superman Lives, doesn't it?

Sort of, except the new suit doesn't look like rubber and it actually incorporates yellow in the design. I hope we don't have an "armored" suit in the film.

my manip of DC new suit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With this as an example; the more we see of the redesign, the more we're going to love it. (I guess I don't have to be blamed). Then again, give it a few years, and the redesign will be gone and the classic will return. It happened in the '80s, '90s, and 2000s; it'll happen again.

Can't wait to see the cover to Morrison's Superman.

Nasty, horrible looking redesign that DC have come up with...

too bad I didn't wake up and it was just a bad dream...

Maybe the suit would look better if a man was wearing it and not some 12 year old looking Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"