The Official Darkseid Thread

GreenKToo

I run into burning buildings. Crazy huh.
Reaction score
Michael Clark Duncan for me...thoughts??
I know we prolly won't get Darkseid, but you never know.

I'd rather have Braniac in this one, Darkseid could come later.

But if they were to use him as a villain Duncan would be a good choice.

I think that I remember hearing that they dont have the rights to use Darkseid.

awwwww man,that sux if its true....
green said:
I think that I remember hearing that they dont have the rights to use Darkseid.

Personally, I would go with Dennis Haysbert. He's got the voice, the commanding presence, and not to mention the acting skills.
untitleddn4.jpg
dennishaysbertfk1.jpg
24palmerfe9.jpg

Or if you want to go with the obvious choice, there's Michael Ironside.
ironsidemichaelth2.jpg

whoever's gonna be Darkseid has got to be tall and quite imposing. a lot of his features will most likely be made up of prosthetics but they cant easily fake height and built.

what about the guy who played Lurtz in LOTR, Lawrence Makoare> not sure if he could pull off the voice, but perhaps they could hir another actor for that, like Jeremy Irons as you suggested.

Michael Clarke Duncan would be good even though he's already played Kingpin.

Frodo said:

with JEJ as the voice, that's a lock for sure

Frodo said:
I can never buy Duncan as a villain, there's just something about him that doesn't seem very imposing.

Lawrence Fishburne would be another good choice.
zdrhrq4hxa8.jpg
laurence2ul6.jpg
250pxothelloiagomovienf0.jpg

Michael Clarke Duncan would be my choice for Darkseid

Michael Clark Duncan.....

I can't think of anyone better. He'll just need to do some voice coaching. Darksied needs to sound Shakespearian .. or at least like Michael Ironside (who, btw, was my original choice a long time ago but he's much too old now).

DavidTyler said:
Darksied needs to sound Shakespearian .. or at least like Michael Ironside (who, btw, was my original choice a long time ago but he's much too old now).
What does age matter? Ironside could just do the voice and someone else could be the body.

Eddie Dean said:
What does age matter? Ironside could just do the voice and someone else could be the body.

While that worked fine for Darth Vader, it would be an insult to Duncan. An actor's expressions are directly tied to his delivery of lines. Duncan is very much a good actor and can handle the role unaided. He will just need a good vocal coach to help him develop that regal and deadly voice I feel the character should have.

It wouldn't be bad to put Ironside in all the heavy make-up to play Darksied but I don't know if he'd do it at his age. I would love to see it, though. In lieu of Ironside - Duncan.

You have a point, but Duncan still doesn't work for me. Maybe it was his role in The Green Mile, but he never seems very imposing to me. Haysbert and Fishburne would be much better choices.

Eddie Dean said:
You have a point, but Duncan still doesn't work for me. Maybe it was his role in The Green Mile, but he never seems very imposing to me. Haysbert and Fishburne would be much better choices.

How did you feel about him in 'Planet of the Apes'?

Eddie Dean said:
Never seen it.

Duncan is the evil Thade's gorilla general. I found him to be both imposing and a bit like Darksied.

He's buried in heavy facial make-up but he still manages to punch through it. Not every actor can emote under all that rubber and have it reflected in his 'face'.

Word of warning: Burton's re-imagining of 'Apes' was not everyone's cup of tea. I didn't mind it. It's OK. Love the make-up in it. This is the first time I've ever seen it done so well that the human actors actually look like apes.

I'd go with Duncan but wouldn't mind complete CGI either.

who is this michael ironside? can we get a pic?

iron sides just CGI him up a little bit he already has the voice sense he did them in the cartoons.

deathshead2 said:
Top of the page 2nd pic.

haha...sorry, it didn't load up the first time.

I'm not sure why you guys want him, just because he does Darkseid's voice. Unless Darkseid will be completely CG (which i sincerely hope it's not), i don't see the point, unless you honestly see him as darkseid in person. I personally don't.

While i believe from the list that michael clark duncan is most physically matching darkseid, I don't see him as that character either. He's always smiling and goofy, and it worked for kingpin because he's a charming charcter and businessman, but darkseid is the most serious conqueror. Doesn't fit as well.

ironside has the headshape and build. Well he did a few years ago but thats what costumes are for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"