Gotham The official David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne Thread

I do wonder how many episodes Fox ordered for the show. With cable shows and HBO/Showtime/ect they have it at 10, 13, or maybe 16 episodes a season. I just don't want to see something like Agents of Shield with 20+ episodes.

Eh. Just because AOS can barely manage 22 a year doesn't mean the team behind Gotham can't.

Arrow has been pretty great with 22 episodes a season.

I was reading through The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told and two stories caught my eye especially.

Night of The Stalker and My Beginning and Probable End.

Two stories that touched upon strong emotions of Bruce.
He actually cries at the end of NOTS. He's just overcome with sadness for a kid that's gone through the same pain he has. He hunts the criminals down to the end to bring them to justice. And he never breaks his thoughts of justice for a single thought of revenge. You'd think him being faced with the same events that he went through in his youth would've caused him to lose himself for the duration of the story.
But not once does he break.
He has no emotions of hatred, anger, revenge. Just a determination for justice and sadness for a child whose parents he couldn't save.
He breaks down because crime has created another child victim and Bruce swore nobody else would go through his pain and that promise was broken...
And he breaks down for the memory of his lost innocence and for his parents.
The child's pain and the child within himself's pain.
Justice and empathy are his driving forces.

But when he's a child like in MBAPE, anger and hate are his driving forces. He sees a school bully and beats him up. Not because he knows the kid is bad, but because he sees the brat extorting another kids lunch money. And that sends young Bruce into a violent frenzy where he's suspended from school for beating the crap out of the bully.

He's angry for seeing some punk kid thinking he can get away with doing what he wants. Seeing the brat coming close to putting other kids what Bruce went through on the night his parents were murdered.
But he was angry and overcome with seething rage. And as an adult, he justified his behaviour for his actions. However he did go on to explain that his anger and hatred towards criminals and crime was causing him to go off the rails with his life and it would've consumed him if he hadn't of done a bit of soul searching.

So, what I'm interested in seeing is, that change in Bruce. I don't want him to have the ideals and morals he has as an adult straight away. He's got to work away from his anger.
He has to graduate from a longing for revenge, to a longing for justice.
He has to have the red cloud pulled away from his eyes to see his own pain is just a small part of what goes on out there.
His feelings of anger towards criminals has to go and his feelings of empathy for innocents will be why he becomes Batman.

tumblr_inline_mzq3ulLHhg1qcufbb.gif

Anyone else want to see something like the prayer panel form his original origin? The one where he's grimacing in anger and sorrow but still swearing to get justice for his parents' deaths? I know the actual religious reference will step on some people's toes, but I really just want to see Bruce almost completely break down, but show some of that iron-will we all know and love. And if Mazouz can nail it, he'll be making the audience both tear up and go "**** yeah!" at the same time.

I'd like it if Bruce was religious.
Not too much, of course.

He obviously believes in God and the afterlife.

The Bat symbol to me is reminiscent of the cross in Christianity.
Bruce having it on his chest and him being dubbed The Dark Knight, is kind of like the Knights Templar. Their mission was to rid the holy lands of blasphemers against God. You can relate Batman's mission to that.

Religious ideas are there, but they shouldn't be drawn with too much attention. Just subtle things., but enough for us to get the picture that religion is part of Bruce and has a (seemingly minor) influence on Batman.

Just saw the trailer.
DarkKnight_051Pyxurz.jpg

Our boy looks good on the tube.

Seriously, though, they've clearly got an ambitious arc planned for him in the first few episodes. It looks like he and Selina are going to hang out, he's already walking on rooftops, and that scream after his parents are killed? Chilling.

Bruce swears (by a lit candle near his bed so iconic
dcmoment47.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It'll be tragic and chilling if Bruce is up on the roof because he intends to kill himself. The kid's been through a massive trauma, and now he's terrified of the outside world. They'll probably focus on him conquering and turning his pain,issues and fears into positive forces.

It'll be tragic and chilling if Bruce is up on the roof because he intends to kill himself. The kid's been through a massive trauma, and now he's terrified of the outside world. They'll probably focus on him conquering and turning his pain,issues and fears into positive forces.

I'd hate it if Bruce was on the roof because he had suicidal thoughts, but judging by the trailer it seems likely he's trying to vanquish his fear.

Gotham ending with Bruce Wayne becoming Batman is like Smallville ended with Clark becoming Superman. I wonder if there will be a costumed hero in Gotham named Green Lantern Alan Scott.

I'd hate it if Bruce was on the roof because he had suicidal thoughts, but judging by the trailer it seems likely he's trying to vanquish his fear.

Maybe that's a step for him. He's always been afraid of heights, and if he can bring himself to vanquish that fear, he can move onto bigger things.

I'd imagine him to be going through all those emotions. Afraid to venture outside even. Frightened of the outside world. He overcomes his fears at the manor, step by step, until he's completely desensitised, which will shape him to becoming Batman. May even lead to him becoming too brave in the show, which will cause problems along the way.

The showrunner really needs to be careful just how much the talks up this show. I gather that's his job, but to claim that the show will surpass any film version and that this kid is EASILY the best actor to ever play Bruce Wayne is just ridiculous. I also can't stand the way they keep throwing around the term sexy when the majority of the actors are essentially children.

I wasn't aware TWO actors counted as a majority of the cast. :o

They have stated that in this version Bruce is 12 . At least at the time of the murders. But I think he would be close to 13 since they have said Selina Kyle will be in her teens. They would want to make them close in age but still have her be the older and wiser.

Question does Bruce fall into the Batcave before his parents death or after ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"