Dark Phoenix The Official Dazzler Thread

the supporting characters are the x-men introduced to date. the other x-men of the comics dont have a chance :funny:

the supporting characters are the x-men introduced to date. the other x-men of the comics dont have a chance :funny:

I was going to say that lol. The main X-Men like Cyclops and Storm are the support all the way through this franchise (at least when not killed off screen). The lesser X-Men should be grateful if they get to suit up at all.

And yet here comes Magneto and Raven for the 7th time in a non cameo role. While Dofp's breakout star Peter is back and he wasn't even a X-Men member in the comics! Who knows, maybe Avalanche would get to join the X-Men first before Psylocke, Jubilee, Dazzler, Bishop, Gambit, Angel, Forge, Polaris, Sage, Marrow, etc..

And yet here comes Magneto and Raven for the 7th time in a non cameo role. While Dofp's breakout star Peter is back and he wasn't even a X-Men member in the comics! Who knows, maybe Avalanche would get to join the X-Men first before Psylocke, Jubilee, Dazzler, Bishop, Gambit, Angel, Forge, Polaris, Sage, Marrow, etc..

They will all get their due, don't worry. It will just take 200 years.

if the actor comes from a very succesful tv show and Kinberg gives him a great role on his 1st movie, then yeah, he will turn him into a X-Man.

I liked Halston Sage in a movie I saw. Hopefully she's Dazzler.

I wouldn't mind Halston Sage as Dazzler. She's great in Star Trek: The Orville

Can she sing? That is the most important thing.

Another suggestion is Brigit Mendler:

bridgit-mendler-2.jpg

She can both sing and act. She's a former Disney actress. And let's face it, Disney are probably going to get a hold of the X-Men IP soon, so they might as well use their pool of talent.

I would've suggested Dove Cameron as well, another Disney singer/actress, but it seems she has already been wasted cast in Agents of SHIELD.

008.jpg

Definitely hope so!

I don't think Disney has the know-how to cast talent. It's usually hit or miss with them.

I don't think Disney has the know-how to cast talent. It's usually hit or miss with them.

Could you explain? Because what you seem to be saying, is contradicted by virtually the entire history of the MCU, where casting is almost always one of the strongest points. If anything, people tend to complain about them grabbing great actors, and then underusing them.

what? never ever Ive read anyone all these years complaining about MCU casting choices. cant say the same about Fox's X-Men franchise

As far as X-Men goes, this matters more than the MCEU.

Who's Nicholas Hoult? All I hear about is the "FC trio." Did Nicholas Hoult play the pudgy CIA guy? :oldrazz:

Anyways, kinda hoping Dazzler's not on this. The less characters Kinberg "features" in this the better.

Anyways, kinda hoping Dazzler's not on this. The less characters Kinberg "features" in this the better.
She could still end up getting cut in traditional X-Men movie fashion.

I still can't believe I was excited to see a blink and you'll miss it appearance by Jubilee in Apocalypse. Singer says he very specifically put her in the trailers... yeah cause you wanted to sell more tickets with her cameo appearance, lol.

Who's Nicholas Hoult? All I hear about is the "FC trio." Did Nicholas Hoult play the pudgy CIA guy? :oldrazz:

I love Kinberg always bringing up Hoult when he mentions the FC cast. I remember specifically when he was talking about Apocalypse being the culmination of the arcs of Raven, Charles, Eric and Hank. Like, what arc for Hank? Did I miss something? :p

Him practically begging Raven to put the X-men back together (the same team that they came up a name for...) that counts as an arc right??

Oh, yeah. That was such interesting arc. Loved it.

But seriously, I love when they have the balls to mention Hank as one of the main characters.

My first choice for Dazzler was Brie Larson because she was great in Scott Pilgrim, and I thought her version of that Muse song in the movie was even better than the original.
But she seems to be busy with other roles...

So, my next choice would be Taylor Momsen if she could be convinced to act again. She's been busy with her band The Pretty Reckless since she quit Gossip Girl, and also has a great voice, although more suited for Rock, which I would prefer over a pop/disco diva.
She seems to love Marvel comics, and has expressed interest in play Lady Thor, and one of her songs was used in a Jessica Jones promo. I also just found this https://www.refinery29.com/2017/01/...nd-mighty-captain-marvel-comics?bucketed=true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"