The Official Dazzler Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Rike, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

She has less screentime than Jubilee and Shatterstar.

psylockolussus likes this.
  2. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

3. icekid

icekid Registered

Dazzler is a really pretty cameo that should haven’t been announced. An incredibly pretty, memorable cameo.

4. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If I were Halston Sage, I would've demanded my part be cut from Dark Phoenix so that I'd at least have a chance to still be Dazzler in an MCU production. What a waste of 10 seconds that loses her a much bigger opportunity.

5. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

I'm not sure Fox understands what "fanservice" is supposed to be. Giving a few seconds of screentime to popular characters who have never appeared in a movie before is not fanservice, it's infuriating.

Dark Raven likes this.
  6. psylockolussus

10 seconds... my God. How would I even find it enjoyable?

7. BeastStorm98

BeastStorm98 Registered

Wow. At least we get to see her, her little scene looks beautiful from what we saw in the music video

8. Dark Raven

Maybe it starts with the intro of the song which lasts for 9 seconds, and then just as she's about to open her mouth to sing it cuts to the next scene. :o

9. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

This just proves how out of touch the people behind this series are, and how little it has evolved since the early 00s.

Back then a short cameo of a relatively famous character might've been considered cool, but nowadays it's not enough anymore. It just makes it look like you're mocking the fans.

10. Vasilios

Vasilios Firework

Kinberg visited Taylor Swift , I’m thinking it was to offer her the cameo. Thank god she was smart enough to turn his **** down if that was the case.

TheVileOne and psylockolussus like this.
  11. psylockolussus

“I’m a huge fan and I love Dazzler,” admitted Kinberg. “And also, if you remember the DARK PHOENIX storyline, she’s obviously a part of the DARK PHOENIX SAGA as told in the original comic. So I wanted somewhere in there just to have an Easter egg of her, so I felt like it was the right story to do it with, and there was an appropriate scene for her to be singing in, so I brought her into the movie.”

Kinberg also noted that Sage had an additional scene that was cut from the movie.

Read more at Simon Kinberg Explains Dark Phoenix's X-Men Cameo

Yeah Kinberg's a "fan".

12. Dark Raven

When I hear the name "Dark Phoenix", Dazzler is immediately what I associate with that storyline. :o

13. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

To be honest, I liked this cameo. The scene was very pretty and made the world feel lived in by mutants. The movie goes downhill after her scene, though.

Dazzler's first appearance was in Dark Phoenix. Jean and Mastermind had one of their encounters at her concert while Scott and Jean were out to recruit her.

14. SumT

SumT Registered

Seems like Kinberg quickly forgot Dazzler had actual dialogue in those Dark Phoenix comics.
    Such a mediocre fan he is, if thats all he can do with Dazzler in her big screen debut

psylockolussus likes this.
  15. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Yes but between Dazzler, and Hellfire Club + Shi'ar, it's a no-brainer which had more of an impact in the "saga."

This quote from Kinberg just reminds me of his reasoning why he didn't include Wolverine in this movie. Because he thinks the Wolverine and Jean "love story" is a big part of DPS.

psylockolussus and Dark Raven like this.
  16. Erik Lensherr

Erik Lensherr Registered

17. psylockolussus

The more I think about it, they should have removed Magneto and the Genosha bits/mutants, and let just be the X-Men, the D'bari and the Dark PhoeniX, with Dazzler as the newer face of the team, similar to how they've introduced Colossus in X2 and Beast/Kitty in X3 to the team. Other than the not so X-Men-ish characters that are D'bari and the in name only mutants like Selene and Red Lotus, Dazzler joining the team would have added some spice and interest to the team/film especially its been 9 years since Apocalypse, they could have also developed the other X-Men as well like Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Storm. Instead of including Magneto in the film once again.

18. Dark Raven

They should've removed Dazzler and saved her for the MCU instead. Why introduce her this late on a sinking ship and with only a cameo appearance like that?

19. psylockolussus

They were probably notaware yet of the merger when it was filmed. That being said, the Dazzler cameo is the one of the few things that I can rewatch in this film, so I don't mind it though I wish they gave her a bigger role. I didn't really like Vuk, D'bari, Magneto and his minions Xpecially in my 2nd viewing. An eXtended role for Dazzler could have made the film more interesting to watch.

20. SumT

SumT Registered

because Kinberg is the type of creative that thinks that doing these poor cameos will be enough to have fans happy.

He's that clueless. And clearly hasnt learned a damm thing about Marvel studios huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge success, building a team movie after movie with the characters staying and becoming members, not just extras in one movie and never seen again.

21. Ene

Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

I loved the cameo and how it looked and sounded, but if I had my way she would have performed at the bar (which would have been a small club) Jean had a drink at. Jean would have had some kind of an accident there involving Vuk. Scott and the X-Men would come and inspect the place later, and Dazzler would flirt with Scott and talk about Jean and Vuk. This would make Dazzler's cameo a little bit meatier, plus Scott could hear about someone manipulating Jean, further developing their relationship and referencing the original storyline.

22. The Original Bamfer

The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

Dazzler’s cameo in this film wont hurt the character’s chances of appearing in the MCU.

23. psylockolussus

I would love if she appears in the first Marvel's X-Men film.

24. Dark Raven

I would love if she has her own solo movie musical in the MCU.

25. Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider Registered

Taylor Swift could have made a great Dazzler.

Golden opportunity missed. :o