The Official DC Direct/ DC Superheroes Products Thread

Ah, Ed McGuinness' art. After seeing the toy in a quick google search, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

dcdjlacf2_aquaman.jpg
I have one loose if you to buy it or trade for it?

No luck in finding the figures I was looking for, I'm afraid. The only DCUCs they had at the convention were Black Manta and the Red/Blue Electric Superman from Wave 2, and I wasn't interested in either. I might have gotten Black Manta if there was an Aquaman to go with him, but not on his own.

However, I did get a Movie Masters Scarecrow, which is pretty cool.

I didn't realise they carried any DCUC figures at Collectormania but I've not been to a Collectormania for a while. Might have to make a trip to the next event they hold in Manchester, although I'm mostly interested in the Batman and Superman figures from the line.

I have a very distinct feeling that once WB and DC get their act together and start making successful movies of their other much deserving characters, people will actually start buying their figures and comics too, and not just the big two.

Another prophecy brought to you by Ryo Jin, who brought to you other prophecies such as:

-Roughneck going back on his hatred towards the Heath Joker and the Dark Knight's success AND admitting he was wrong.

-Mattel finally giving us other characters in the DC universe ala Marvel Legends.

:p

I have a very distinct feeling that once WB and DC get their act together and start making successful movies of their other much deserving characters, people will actually start buying their figures and comics too, and not just the big two.

I hope so. This is relevant to my other big disappointment of Collectormania. I hoped to pick up the 5 issues of "Green Lantern" that I need to complete my collection of Geoff Johns' entire run. But none of the stalls selling comics had them. I asked one vendor, who had a plentiful supply of recent back-issues from Marvel, if he had any Green Lantern. He said no, because "Nobody buys DC stuff, so we figured we'd conserve space and just bring all our Marvel stuff, and leave the DC comics in the warehouse."

I hope so. This is relevant to my other big disappointment of Collectormania. I hoped to pick up the 5 issues of "Green Lantern" that I need to complete my collection of Geoff Johns' entire run. But none of the stalls selling comics had them. I asked one vendor, who had a plentiful supply of recent back-issues from Marvel, if he had any Green Lantern. He said no, because "Nobody buys DC stuff, so we figured we'd conserve space and just bring all our Marvel stuff, and leave the DC comics in the warehouse."

That angers me. DC should be doing just as good. WB/DC seriously needs to wake the bad place up, and start taking their franchises more seriously. There isn't even a competition when it comes to the ratio of movie-goers and comic readers. Seriously DC/WB, get your heads out of your asses!

On a positive note, I think their plans to bring other characters to light is just beginning. Afterall, we only recently started getting this DCUC that collector's like myself have always craved for. The movies better follow suit as promised!

I have one loose if you to buy it or trade for it?
After looking at the expression on Orin's face and thinking about the offer, I think that I'll just get the new Universe Aquaman toy. Thanks anyway.

Finally got hold of a DCUC classic Batman + Penguin. Nice objects, both of them.

While at the comic shop today, I noticed they finally got DCUC wave 3 in stock from Diamond. He had the whole case there and hadn't sold any since putting them out on Wednesday (probably because they were freakin' $16.99 a piece!)

I went ahead and bought Unmasked Deathstroke. So now I've got two unmasked Deathstrokes and no other figures from the line. I'm still debating on whether or not to just purchase a case online for the rest, or try and hunt them down at Target (I've yet to see any sign of them at my local Target). My local Target doesn't look like it's sold a toy in about two months, so I'm doubtful they'll show up any time soon.

Well, just when I finally got all of the DCUC3 figures I wanted and thought it was safe to stop looking for DCUC figures for awhile, someone on Fwoosh reported today that they found DCUC4 at a Meijers. Definitely surprised they hit this soon, from what I had read they weren't supposed to show up until another month and a half had passed, though I suppose it may take that long for Target, TRU, and Wal-Mart to get them.

Case packouts for series 7, which were confirmed by one of the mods on Fwoosh who got confirmation from Mattel that they were real. Apparently, the cases are going to be split up similar to Hasbro's Foom wave, with no case coming with all of the 7 figures in the wave. No word yet on whether online retailers will get a case with all of the 7 figures in them.

Series 7:
1x Batman
1x Green Lantern
2x Flash - Speedster
2x Captain Cold
2x Kid Flash
2x Big Barda

Series 7 Revision 1:
1x Wonder Woman
1x Firestorm
1x Flash - Speedster
1x Captain Cold
2x Blue Beetle
2x Booster Gold
2x Aquaman Blue

Case packouts for series 7, which were confirmed by one of the mods on Fwoosh who got confirmation from Mattel that they were real. Apparently, the cases are going to be split up similar to Hasbro's Foom wave, with no case coming with all of the 7 figures in the wave. No word yet on whether online retailers will get a case with all of the 7 figures in them.

Series 7:
1x Batman
1x Green Lantern
2x Flash - Speedster
2x Captain Cold
2x Kid Flash
2x Big Barda

Series 7 Revision 1:
1x Wonder Woman
1x Firestorm
1x Flash - Speedster
1x Captain Cold
2x Blue Beetle
2x Booster Gold
2x Aquaman Blue

Why would they do this? It makes no sense.. and this is how I get my DCUC through ONline case orders :(

Some of the online retailers have posted that they are still going to offer sets since I posted that. CSC just posted today that they're still going to offer sets of figs for both waves 6 and 7, while I think Enchanted Toy Chest is also going to do this while also offering half cases.

Good, considering I get my sets from CSC. Also NC I owe you for LOBO bud, Send me an invoice or something through PM so I know the exact amount. Sorry for the delay I've just been swamped with crap.

Where is the post about CSC?

No problem man, I understand. I'll pm you the price and my paypal info in a couple of minutes.

DCUC series 4 has now been found at a Wal-Mart in Georgia in addition to the earlier Meijer sightings. Of course, most Wal-Marts don't even have pegs for DCUC yet, so it still could be awhile before they start to hit widespread.

Where is the post about CSC?

Fwoosh, one of the last posts on the page:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53138&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195

They also just posted on page 16 that they could start getting series 4 in sometimes this week.

Well... I have a Pre-order for a series 6 case on CSC Will I be able to rectify that so I can get a full set of individual figures?

Well... I have a Pre-order for a series 6 case on CSC Will I be able to rectify that so I can get a full set of individual figures?

According to what I've read, they'll be switching the preorders for cases to preorders for the set of 7 figures, and adjust the price accordingly.

Why is the Aqua Man DC universe figure so hard to find at a reasonable price

Because Mattel has only produced half of the amount of series 2 figures they were planning on making so far. They switched factories during the middle of series 2 production, causing a delay in the second half of the wave hitting the shelves. Also, the classic Aquaman figure is split 50/50 with the modern variant, making it more difficult to find. It should be easier to get when the remaining half of the series is released sometimes before the end of the year.

I know that there is a DC Universe figure of the Barry Allen Flash coming out in wave 7, but does anyone know if there's going to be a Wally West variant?

No, there won't be a Wally variant in wave 7, though we will eventually get a Wally West Flash in the line. They're saving him to be one of the headliners in a future wave. The variants for wave 7 are a helmetless Big Barda and modern Booster Gold with Mr. Mind inside Skeets.

Packaged pics of wave 5 have been posted on Raving Toy Maniac. They look pretty good, though the gold goggles on Eradicator Superman look terrible.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/10649.shtml

Seems a shame to go without a Wally variant when all they really need to do is change the belt on the wave 7 Barry, and paint his eyes green instead of blue, and BAM, you've got yourself a Wally West Flash. It sucks that we've got to wait for an even later wave of Universe toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"