The Official DC Direct/ DC Superheroes Products Thread

There will definitely be a new Joker at some point. Wouldn't be surprised if one has already been made that will reuse parts from the upcoming Gentleman Ghost figure.

I'm just thinking that with blackest night coming out next year that they might make another one that will be better and without the hole in the chest. I'm also hoping that a good flash figure comes out. I want to stick with DC direct and I'm not too concerned with articulation. I already have a Batman, Superman, and Wonder woman figure that I like. I just want to add those 2 characters for my own semi-justice league line.

I'd assume we'll get a fourth wave of Green Lantern figures later this year, to coincide with the Blackest Night arc. However, we might not get a Hal Jordan figure in that line.

If you're wanting a Hal that's not got the hole in his chest, though (I don't have much problem with the projected-insignia thing, it looks pretty cool) then you might want to get the Hal Jordan included in the new JLA wave coming in January.

Mattel finally makes my favorite Batman costume....and they ruin it with clay stains....I swear to god that figure better get a single pack.

For the first time ever, aside from the MiniMates line, they appear to be coming out with an Ocean Master action figure. Not sure what else is in the Wave 3 line, I just picked this up after checking out the Aquaman Shrine blog.

There are a few figs in that series that I've had my eye on, like the Creeper. Ocean Master has been added to that list now too. I'll have another watery villain to team up with my DCUC Black Manta to face off with Aquaman on my display. :woot::up:

Wow.....someone's trying to make Aquaman cool ........(should I say again? Would that apply?)

It's not hard to make Aquaman cool. I can't really speak for Aquanewb, since I've only read one issue of his series; but Orin was all sorts of badass before the new guy's series began and Orin was an amnesiac squid guy.

It's just a matter of getting people to forget how lame and useless he was in Superfriends. I actually had a conversation with a guy in the comic store a few months ago when I picked up a couple Aquaman back issues. He saw the books and asked why I'd want to read about a guy who can only talk to fish, and I proceeded to list a number of his other powers.

Dude: "Yeah, but he can only do those things when he's under water."

Me: "...You've never actually read any books with Aquaman in them, have you?"

Dude: "No. I don't like the character."

Me: "Well, I can see that you don't know anything about him. Why not read an issue of his 'waterhand' series from a couple years ago before deciding whether you like him or not?"

Despite my efforts, he laughed and I don't think that he ever gave the character a shot, remaining content to believe that Aquaman was the lamest of the lame. :csad:

See.....that's what I'm talking about. Now maybe people will see all these aquaman figs on the shelves ancd figure something is up....and maybe actually pick on up.

I liked Bearded Spearhand myself.

DC needs to shake up mainstream media's look at Aquaman. The best way, is for a Live Action film. I know all the things that can be said to my comment, but that is really the only way. Cartoons these days aren't as effective as they were during the Super Friends era. With superhero and cartoon movies being "the thing" now, doesn't matter what bad publicity Aquaman has had in the past, people will watch it. So, done right it will help his image.

I saw the pilot to his would-be series and thought it was alright. Naturally he hadn't reached maturity or grown in someone worthy of being a king yet, but I felt that the show had promise and could have actually turned the general perception of the character completely around if they had continued and shown Arthur doing some impressive superpowered feats outside of the water.

Got the Aquaman figure that came out today. Was kinda disappointed because the stand for him is kinda small, and his hands don't allow to make any kind of decent pose. So, I've just got him standing straight and still. But, it's sculpted after George Perez's Aquaman and that made it a good enough buy for me.

If they would come out with an Alan Davis Aquaman...I'd die a happy man. Can't wait for that Ocean Master figure to come out in a few months.

Last edited:
Which Aquaman fig do you mean? the "History of the DC Universe" one? I saw that one around here earlier today, but I've never been a big fan of the dishwasher gloves version of Orin.

Yea.

http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/popup_images.php?i=11228

That picture is inaccurate in the sense that those aren't the hands that come with the figure. The hands that come with the figure are weird if you ask me. The fingers are fully extended and together as if he was flying through the air. The stand, like I said before, is too small it doesn't full cover both of his feet. And you cant do any poses to stand him up in.

I pretty much stopped after I got Martian Manhunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"