The Official Devil May Cry Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Thread Manager, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingMadness Registered

Just laying down the facts and the word on the street. Vindication. Justice. Words cannot describe.

2. def28 Registered

So it sold a third of DMC4 in the UK and about half in Japan. I actually expected it to flop harder in Japan but not great numbers compared to the rest of the series thats for sure.

Where are you quoting from Kingmadness?

3. Nathan Registered

Capcom probably did a better job promoting it in Japan. Their Trailer was a hell of a lot better, that's for sure. And I've seen people say that all printed interviews were with Capcom Japan. So they probably didn't even know about Tameem's attitude towards the original DMC's. Which would result in less irrational fan rage.

4. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

But isn't it irrelevant if DMC 4 did better as long as DmC didn't bomb?

Also are all those stats from Japan? This game was always going to do better in the US, it's a western marketed game. I reckon if you compared those Japan number to any new Western IP, it would still be pretty high.

5. def28 Registered

I think its still relevant when DMC 4 outsold it by that much. They arent close numbers. I agree this game was meant more to be a hit in NA. I expect those numbers to be larger. We shall see...
    Could be, I expected alot of the early comments by NT to piss them off a bit. Good to see it didnt do horrible.

#130 def28, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  6. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

I just don't find those numbers clear to read though.. I mean, regardless of DMC 4, has it still done well or not for a first week?

7. def28 Registered

Depends what your comparing it too I guess. I wouldnt call it a huge hit or anything. They are fair numbers given the circumstances of the bad word of mouth for the past years. Going by the series sales though, not too good.

#132 def28, Jan 23, 2013
  8. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

Well I'm not going to compare it to previous games if I have no frame of reference for that... I mean, if those games sold gangbusters in Japan, they might have been more successful but that doesn't mean DmC has failed, right?

I just want to know whether it's made enough to warrant a sequel.

9. def28 Registered

As long as US sales are decent I dont see why not. It sold more then say AC3 out there in Japan. They are decent numbers, no other way to really put that. If thats enough to warrant a sequel that really depends on what Capcom expected, cause its nothing huge.

10. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

Yeah, and I suppose it's not like it won't keep making money after the first week

11. def28 Registered

Word of mouth and reviews should help keep it steady I would think. Most who play love the hell out of it.

12. Nathan Registered

Well, Capcom expects to sell 2 Million copies of this. Let's say it sells only 1 Million, would that be enough for a developer to make a sequel?

13. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

Wouldn't that depend on how much it cost to make?

Also, I'd be disappointed if it only made a mil. I think Darksiders 1 only made a mil and that was a new franchise.

14. def28 Registered

I doubt they will come close to 2 mil. Hopefully over a mil is enough. My guess is 1.5.

#139 def28, Jan 23, 2013
  15. ProjectPat2280 SELLING...PERFECTION

Generally that tends to be the magic number. I think Capcom overestimates what they expect to sell. I believe they projected 6 million sales for RE6 and i dont think they came close to that. The difference here was RE6 came out to mixed to poor reviews. DmC is coming out to good to great reviews.

16. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

I'm looking at the Naruto Ninja Storm 2's numbers on Japan (which is a big franchise and Naruto is BIG there) and, after a month, it made 160k. DmC made 120k in its first week only and, like you said, it's a western marketed game. It'll get to 160k in no time, so I believe it is a good number for the game over there.

Naruto reached over 1 million worlwide. Of course it didn't have the backlash from fans that DmC has, but I believe this one can reach 1 million worldwide too.

17. Fans of Reilly Registered

:wow: what this is This will Maybe geting a Sequel why why:doh:

18. ProjectPat2280 SELLING...PERFECTION

Cuz it was a good game? Currently sits at 86 on metacritc.

19. Fans of Reilly Registered

in game Play yes, but the story line characters it's bad :doh:

20. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

It's got a great story, you're sadly incorrect.

21. Fans of Reilly Registered

My problem with the game the half devil half angel thing

New Dante is annoying I do not mean how he look formed after this I want to apology to all fans of Nero I prefer playing a full game with Nero and not five minutes with new Dante

22. Wolvieboy17 Anthropomorphic Clock

Good thing you can play DMC 4 then

23. craigdbfan Registered

Funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh.

24. Fans of Reilly Registered

:oldrazz: You are Welcome

25. zenith16 Registered

oh you want the planned sequel that was to fallow up on 4. Yeah a producer from Capcom said the studio changed their minds in the vic basement pod cast from EPD.Tv/ ROTR. yes there were plans, but it's been dropped for now. Even though there was a representative for capcom showing the preview videos that said they might even do two universe's like what they did with mega man's games which had more then one universe by the way, which each was catered to certain fans, So the old fans can continue where they left off. while other that want a different game to their liking played theirs.

I think his name is greg goes by Greggorman there . It looks like some people think it might not happen ether way. Even if he said that. As in it's not likely.

#150 zenith16, Jan 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.